ADVERTISEMENT

QB controversy in Aggieville???

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsto60

Sep 3, 2005
No this isn't more about Murray getting frozen out of the competition thanks to his attitude or lackthereof.

No, it is a story about Sumlin now saying there is an open 3 way competition for the starting QB. With no mention of injury....other than your OC denying there was any injury and saying Allen was healthy and fine and made no excuses for his bad play.

Surely this can't be right pooch. According to you, your boy was hurt to suck that bad. In fact you say that Allen is on a whole other level compared to everyone in the nation. Much less a true frosh that Spav thinks is only a wildcat QB and some guy from JuCo. Could they really bench your golden loverboy?

(notice the story and the quotes come straight from an ATM site, so you can't blame daddy UT for spinning this although that won't stop you from spinning it)

http://tamu.247sports.com/Bolt/Sumlin-AM-starting-QB-still-up-in-the-air-40597591

Texas A&M head coach Kevin Sumlin met with the media on Tuesday afternoon and, unlike most weeks, he had an opening statement instead of immediately taking questions.

The obvious elephant in the room was the play of the offense, especially the quarterbacks, after Kyle Allen struggled mightily against Ole Miss this past weekend in a 23-3 loss.

True freshman backup Kyler Murray did not enter the game and never warmed up while, when a change was eventually made in the fourth quarter, third-stringer Jake Hubenak was put in the game.

There were rumors that a an incident on the sideline between Murray and offensive coordinator Jake Spavital caused Murray to be told beforehand that he would not play in the game. Sumlin did not expound too much on what actually happened but did intimate that there was some validity to the incident.

"I will say this," Sumlin said. "I will say that Kyler has done the things necessary based on what happened on the sideline. Hopefully this is a learning experience for him."

Now, heading into a game with South Carolina, it is a three-way competition for the starting quarterback job again.

"Offensively, we have not played well the last couple of weeks. There’s a lot been said about quarterback but we have not played well across the board.

"Without going into it, all the way into it, we’ve made some changes offensively in how we’re going to do some things in the gameplan. And with that, Monday morning, I met with all three quarterbacks and told them we’re looking for consistency across the board.

"All three have had game experience. We’re looking for consistency. We’re looking to cut down on turnovers. This week, you’re going to be evaluated in terms of play, leadership and overall demeanor. How do they communicate with coaches and teammates?

"Because of our change of schedule this year, we practice on Friday. On Friday, we will name a starter for South Carolina."

There have also been rumors of discord among the team but Sumlin says that is not the case. As would be the case with any team after two consecutive losses that seemed listless at times, there is frustration though.

"I think in times like this…there’s speculation and people wonder what’s the pulse of your football team," he said. "Where is everything? After some discussions with the accountability council, this team is not a divided team. Not divided with offense or defense or anything else.

"I’d say this is a frustrated football team. Frustrated like the fans and everybody else. We need to get the ship where it needs to go. Our players understand that. We’ve done things internally as a team and as a staff."

Sumlin did confirm that Spavital is still the primary playcaller for the team but that there would be some changes from a schematic standpoint.

When Spavital was asked about the health of Allen on Saturday, he gave a surprising answer. With 22 passes in a row that went either incomplete or for negative yardage, it seemed there was something very wrong with the sophomore quarterback. However, Spavital says that was not the case.

"Kyle was fine. There was nothing wrong with him. It wasn't all him, either."

This might keep Murray from transferring.

But it could destroy Allen in the process.

Its cool though....Allen could xfer to OSU and back up Rudolph....right pooch?

But I thought they didn't have QB problems?

You can't make this stuff up. Aggy troll spouts off about his QBs greatness. Less than 12 hrs later the Aggy HC announces an open QB competition AND shoots down any idea of injury (which Aggy troll is leaning on).

And Aggy troll runs away. He'll be back when ATM beats some D2 school.

Lol what do you want him to say? "Hey we are opening up the QB competition but just know our number 1 is hurt". Then were do you go? The kid is clearly hurt and you could see it on the sidelines, trainers always work on non injured appendages right? Kyle has had other issues as well, he's lost confidence over the last 2 games because he's been set up to fail with the game plan and play calling. I never said Allen was all world but there's not another team in the country who would take Rudolph over him.....none. He's had a couple of really bad games.

He's not clearly hurt and was being tended to by a chiropractor, the injury is being overplayed. If he is competing for the starting gig and he is actually practicing, he is not hurt anymore than a little banged up. It's football...

Unless you are a doctor who tended to the kid your going with the sheep assumption that he has some serious injury. It's 7 weeks in, nobody is 100% healthy! His head is rattled and he couldn't get it going after Bama abused him mentally and physically.

QBU.....QBU.....QBU....and Pooch says

"Treat me mean and cruel
treat me like a fool
just love me!

On my bended knee
all I ask is please.Please love me!.......
Ohhhhyeahhh"

Last edited:
Lol what do you want him to say? "Hey we are opening up the QB competition but just know our number 1 is hurt". Then were do you go? The kid is clearly hurt and you could see it on the sidelines, trainers always work on non injured appendages right? Kyle has had other issues as well, he's lost confidence over the last 2 games because he's been set up to fail with the game plan and play calling. I never said Allen was all world but there's not another team in the country who would take Rudolph over him.....none. He's had a couple of really bad games.

This injury stuff simply isn't true. Not only DID YOUR OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR ADDRESS IT. But the poster above nailed it. I do like you having to make excuses though (well no one is forcing you to make excuses except that pesky thing called reality not matching up with your delusion)

Meanwhile, the guy you were bashing, Rudolph, actually has been hurt. And yet, his stats are better than the guy you fabricate as hurt who has worse stats and a worse record and who might lose his job. Good stuff. Too bad FACTS aren't on your side. But thats because they live in reality land.

He's not clearly hurt and was being tended to by a chiropractor, the injury is being overplayed. If he is competing for the starting gig and he is actually practicing, he is not hurt anymore than a little banged up. It's football...

Unless you are a doctor who tended to the kid your going with the sheep assumption that he has some serious injury. It's 7 weeks in, nobody is 100% healthy! His head is rattled and he couldn't get it going after Bama abused him mentally and physically.

Kyler and Jake were taking first team reps last week in game prep vs ole miss because Allen was getting treatment. This is a fact. His QB rating went from 139.5, 234.48, 167.36, 205.97, 143.05, to 98.48 and 51.15. he went from 13 tds and 2 ints to 1 and 4. His injury isn't the whole reason he had terrible games. Hell 2 of his 3 pick 6's were throws that he just missed high, he made the right read and the guys were wide open. Its not normal for him, he is generally a pretty accurate passer.

Seriously, these FACTS couldn't come out at a worse time for your bunk argument.

But by all means, don't let reality invade your delusion.
TCU <<<< ATM
Rudolph <<<<<<<<<<< Allen.
Rudolph has legit injury but = healthy.
Allens own coaches say he is fine but to you that = hurt. Since you don't want to admit he sucks.
And your coach opening up the QB job to appease Murray = confidence in Allen being on a whole other worldly level eh?

This injury stuff simply isn't true. Not only DID YOUR OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR ADDRESS IT. But the poster above nailed it. I do like you having to make excuses though (well no one is forcing you to make excuses except that pesky thing called reality not matching up with your delusion)

Meanwhile, the guy you were bashing, Rudolph, actually has been hurt. And yet, his stats are better than the guy you fabricate as hurt who has worse stats and a worse record and who might lose his job. Good stuff. Too bad FACTS aren't on your side. But thats because they live in reality land.

Lol, dude has 10 tds and 7 int against nobody. 266 vs central Mich, 401 vs central ark, 280 vs UTSA, 437 vs Kstate and 305 vs Kansas. Really proven your point there bud, a real whos who of pass defenses. Not to mention I left out the 280 against the 100th ranked team in pass defense.

Kyler and Jake were taking first team reps last week in game prep vs ole miss because Allen was getting treatment. This is a fact. His QB rating went from 139.5, 234.48, 167.36, 205.97, 143.05, to 98.48 and 51.15. he went from 13 tds and 2 ints to 1 and 4. His injury isn't the whole reason he had terrible games. Hell 2 of his 3 pick 6's were throws that he just missed high, he made the right read and the guys were wide open. Its not normal for him, he is generally a pretty accurate passer.

Oh his production has gone down. As he has finally faced a real team or two. And not to mention finally traveled out of the state to play an actual away game.

But this injury you speak of, is just plain nowhere to be seen or acknowledged by anyone on the staff or the player himself. But you keep praying for it.

Meanwhile, you also keep telling us how everyone thinks TCU is worse than ATM. And Rudolph doesn't belong on the same planet as Allen. You are so covered in BS, that you can't smell your own mess.

Bunk material.... He is currently a head case! I bet he's the starter on Saturday morning.

Lol, dude has 10 tds and 7 int against nobody. 266 vs central Mich, 401 vs central ark, 280 vs UTSA, 437 vs Kstate and 305 vs Kansas. Really proven your point there bud, a real whos who of pass defenses. Not to mention I left out the 280 against the 100th ranked team in pass defense.

You quoted one stat. Good job kimosabe.

Now can you explain to me which guy has the much higher yds thrown for, comp%, YPA, YPC, QBR, adjusted QBR, and on and on?

And you don't want to get in to an argument of who has played a soft schedule. Look in the mirror. Exactly half of Allens TDs have come in 2 games vs a Ball St and Nevada. Meanwhile (contrary to your lies), Allen has been healthy all year. Rudolph has not.

And this is a really stupid argument. No idea why you had to go and call Rudolph trash and Allen the GOAT. But the stats simply disagree with your BS. Join reality.

Reactions: oldhorn2
Oh his production has gone down. As he has finally faced a real team or two. And not to mention finally traveled out of the state to play an actual away game.

But this injury you speak of, is just plain nowhere to be seen or acknowledged by anyone on the staff or the player himself. But you keep praying for it.

Meanwhile, you also keep telling us how everyone thinks TCU is worse than ATM. And Rudolph doesn't belong on the same planet as Allen. You are so covered in BS, that you can't smell your own mess.

Haha, why would I want him to be hurt? So I can be right on a message board? You act like he's been playing against central mich, UTSA, central Ark ect then ran into Bama. He's actually played against teams with D1 talent.

Seriously, as much as you want to derail this and change the subject.

YOUR own 'offensive guru' HC is opening up the QB job for competition. With a true frosh midget whom your OC sees as a wildcat QB and he currently won't allow him to pass the ball. And a juco kid. Neither has ANY real experience on this level.

Your coach is literally trying to lose games vs upcoming weak teams because he has lost the lockerroom and is diverting the spotlight to the QB position. Also trying to appease the Murray family. Oh yeah, and Allen has sucked out loud a bit. But sadly is still your best QB option. Hopefully for you, he will retain world beater status real soon. But the problem is more systemic and was spotlighted last week by the media calling out Spav for his offensive design and play calling. Neither Murray or Hubenak will save you from that. That's why Allen will keep his job. And you will resume sucking him off when he beats some D2 school in a week or two.

Seriously, as much as you want to derail this and change the subject.

YOUR own 'offensive guru' HC is opening up the QB job for competition. With a true frosh midget whom your OC sees as a wildcat QB and he currently won't allow him to pass the ball. And a juco kid. Neither has ANY real experience on this level.

Your coach is literally trying to lose games vs upcoming weak teams because he has lost the lockerroom and is diverting the spotlight to the QB position. Also trying to appease the Murray family. Oh yeah, and Allen has sucked out loud a bit. But sadly is still your best QB option. Hopefully for you, he will retain world beater status real soon. But the problem is more systemic and was spotlighted last week by the media calling out Spav for his offensive design and play calling. Neither Murray or Hubenak will save you from that. That's why Allen will keep his job. And you will resume sucking him off when he beats some D2 school in a week or two.

we'll see what happens. A big offensive output against SC is not going to be something to beat our chest about. What I want to see is how we do it, do we make changes to the run scheme, do we do high percentage things to move the ball, do we score in the red zone. Those things show growth not throwing fade routes on 2nd and 3.

That's two days in a row now Metcalf.

Can you help me Google map where Al's truck stop tech is?

It's 45 miles north of Joe's Southwest Paint & Body State.

I haven't used Al's two days in a row....have I? Lol

No, it's two days in a row you've made me spit my dip out from laughing.

Haha, why would I want him to be hurt? So I can be right on a message board? You act like he's been playing against central mich, UTSA, central Ark ect then ran into Bama. He's actually played against teams with D1 talent.

1) I never said you WANT him to be hurt. I said you keep saying it, even though it isn't true. That is the only reason you'd WANT him to be hurt. To help fit your little story about how awesome he is but now you have an excuse why he isn't playing awesome. Other than the reality that he isn't as awesome as you think.

2) Oh he pretty much has played a bunch of crap teams. Until the last two weeks. When he suited up for Bama and lost. And pretty much played his way out of a starting job vs a not so great Ole Miss D in yet another loss.
Congrats for bragging about the two good teams he's played against AND LOST TO. Really helps make your story about him being great sound very plausible.

Reactions: oldhorn2
You can't make this stuff up. Aggy troll spouts off about his QBs greatness. Less than 12 hrs later the Aggy HC announces an open QB competition AND shoots down any idea of injury (which Aggy troll is leaning on).

And Aggy troll runs away. He'll be back when ATM beats some D2 school.
Kyle is hurt, regardless of a coach speak press conference. The staff admitted that much after the Alabama game. I expect coach Sumlin wants SC to prepare for both Allen and Murray...two entirely different animals.

I'm glad to see it open up, no way Allen starts, and I'm not sure Kyler is a better QB at this stage than Jake. Regardless I expect to see Kyler starting. If so, I hope they keep him in for at least two quarters...perhaps the whole game if it goes well. If Kyler gets pulled, I expect Hubenak to take over.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT