Quick injury update (do not worry, it is good news)

Anwar Richardson

Staff
Apr 24, 2014
UPDATE 8:45 a.m. (June 21) - When it comes to RB Roderick Bernard (knee), I was told he has not been participating because of injuries. I would not be surprised if he takes a medical redshirt.

I asked some people in the building for a health update on all the guys who did not participate in this year's spring game, and there is good news for Longhorn fans.

TE Andrew Beck (foot), CB Davante Davis (shoulder), S Jason Hall (hamstring), RB Tristian Houston (ankle), RB Kirk Johnson (hamstring), RB Kyle Porter (ankle), C Zach Shackelford (ankle) and RB Chris Warren (hamstring) did not participate in the spring game because of their injuries. None of the injuries appeared serious at the time.

I was told each player is back and participating in offseason workouts. When I asked if they were at 100 percent, I was told "100 percent is subjective because none of us ever are." Instead, I was told they have been able to participate in drills. From what I can tell, it does not appear anybody has suffered a setback so far.

If anything changes, I will let you know.

Last edited:

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.