Random thoughts--

utx

Gold Member
Jun 27, 2003
1-Remember in camp when the reports kept having the defense getting the best of the offense? They were true but not for the reason most of us were thinking. I thought that the new WRs were taking a while to get adjusted,No the defense is just damn good and getting better.

2- The offense sputtered the first quarter,the defense came to play from the first snap until the last. All last week it was the OU defense is this or that--The OU defense gave up 34 points,the UT defense gave up 3. OU had one turnover ,UTs defense had three ,OU had one sack,UT had five.

3-The Texas OL dominated OUs defensive line and LBers,it looked like a Polar bear playing with a seal pup.

4-I get the feeling that Saturday was just the beginning for Silas Bolden,what a hell of an effort by him.

5-Tell me Wingo isn't the best freshman WR in the nation,I know there are a couple of others but talk about maximizing your opportunities, no one does that better than him.

6-Stutsman probably didn't feel like a cigar after that game,mabye a whirlpool bath and some ice.( Note-Dont let your mouth write checks your ass can't cash--Byron Murphy).

7-I wonder if Micheal Fasusi is having 2nd thoughts,That OC and several of the position coaches are not going to survive this season. He would have to bide his time at UT and could most likely start at OU as a freshman but there is something about being on a championship level team that makes all those workouts worthwhile.

8_ I would like to see Riley Pettijohn reconsider, he would be a great fit with Bo Barnes and Cunnigham.

9.I dont think Dakorian Moore will flip but he would be fun to watch in games like that. But I am totally unconcerned about Sark finding 1st round picks at WR. Ffrench and Lockett will probably go higher in the NFL Draft because of Sarks system and the QB throwing them the ball.

10- Jaw Ga on my mind--utx

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.