ADVERTISEMENT

Really Horns?

Wasatch, I agree with you but I’d hate the late kickoffs and forever long road trips. Hopefully intelligence will prevail and the Big 12 will grow by two.

There are advantages and disadvantages to joining any other conference. There are advantages and disadvantages to doing nothing.

Texas has to do something or they really could hurt their brand. The thing to do is weigh in on all options and make the best decision for Texas.

Yeah, because it's a zero sum game and all...
Yeah, it is with you aggys. You look down your nose at your old conference hilariously as if you have any reason to. It’s part and parcel. You think you’re great because of Bama. News flash, you’re still a JAG.

You think you’re great because of Bama.
You might want to take that up with whoever said it....you're on the Longhorn Sports board and I can't remember one time reading that from an Ag poster.

But serious question....why is it okay for Horn fans to support the B12, but appalling to you that an A&M fan touts their new conference? Being in the widely accepted "best division in football" would be all over this board if the shoe were on the other foot and you know it.

You might want to take that up with whoever said it....you're on the Longhorn Sports board and I can't remember one time reading that from an Ag poster.

But serious question....why is it okay for Horn fans to support the B12, but appalling to you that an A&M fan touts their new conference? Being in the widely accepted "best division in football" would be all over this board if the shoe were on the other foot and you know it.

You just did it. Look, if OU and Texas were to go to the B1G, it would be by far the best league top to bottom. I won't even mention non-football sports. It would be sick. That would be 5 blue bloods to the $ec's one. That combination of teams would grind down the $ec over time. ESPN, the network of the $ec is faltering. Fox is on the rise.

Here's the thing. None of us would be on the aggy board talking about this..... why? It would be accepted fact and there would be no reason to discuss. We don't care what traitors think.

Last edited:
"we are great because of Bama"....no Ags have ever said that on this board. Straw man.

The "best division" comes from national media. I don't make this stuff up. Although with Auburn, Ole Miss, and Arkansas down it may have lost that moniker.

You like your conference, I like mine. Not sure what the issue is.

giphy.gif

Reactions: 2300 Nueces
I don't know a single Longhorn fan that likes the Big 12, Texas is apart of the Big 12 because they helped form it. For now it is a marriage of convience. In time it will change. Even if the shoe were on the other foot, you would not hear Longhorn fans claiming greatness because they are in the SEC, they would not hope that Bama gets a prospect because they don't want aggsy to get him. Texas fans would not disparage a kid because he picked aggsy over Texas by saying they are afraid of playing with the big boys or other meaningless crap like this.

Texas fans don't tout the conference they are in, they are about Texas. We wouldn't have cute names like the BDF.

For the most part while you are here you play nice (oldschool ag), that is why you are still here. However, you are the exception not the Norm when it comes to aggsy. you are a 2%er not the 98% that are idiots. If you really want to know what I'm talking about do some lurking on Texags.com My favorite thread was the one talking about Carter when he switched his commitment to Bama.

Reactions: Scholz
Something else for you aggsy to think about.

2 years ago, the 2016 recruiting cycle was one of the best classes Texas has had in a very long time. Texas just fired Strong and hired Herman. Aggsy had a mediocre year.

Every 5'star player left the state to other programs, none picked the SEC. Why is that?

Maybe because they didn't care about the conference but rather the school.

This is why Texas isn't about the conference, but about the school.

If you really want to know what I'm talking about do some lurking on Texags.com My favorite thread was the one talking about Carter when he switched his commitment to Bama.
I read often and post on Texags from time to time. Same username, so nothing to hide. That place is like a load of amateur comedians and shock jocks that happen to support A&M. They are just trying to out "zoo" the others. The Carter thing was ugly...but Battered Aggie Syndrome is real. I would guess most of them don't act like that in public. Doesn't make it right, but I don't think it's a true reflection of the University and fanbase. IMO.

Regarding the initial post. The Big 12 is nothing without Texas and everybody knows it.

the 2016 recruiting cycle was one of the best classes Texas has had in a very long time. Texas just fired Strong and hired Herman. Aggsy had a mediocre year.

Every 5'star player left the state to other programs, none picked the SEC. Why is that?

Maybe because they didn't care about the conference but rather the school.

This is why Texas isn't about the conference, but about the school.
2016 only had 2 5 stars. Greg Little who went to Ole Miss because they paid best & Ed Oliver went to Houston for some odd reason.

2017 is the year I think you are thinking of. Texas had four 5 Stars that year who went to FSU, Stanford, and 2 went to Ohio State.

The state of Texas was a complete mess with Sumlin & Strong, and I don't blame those kids for walking away. 3 of them picked national championship coaches, and 1 was smart enough to go to Stanford. Makes total sense to me.

The good news is we both have good staffs now and recruiting has changed. Last year Texas landed both 5 stars in state. This year A&M landed 2 of them, one WR was really from Ohio and went back home & one WR went to Oklahoma. If 5 stars are going leave the state, I hope they are receivers as we have tons of good ones in state.

I would look a little deeper than only 5 stars. If you look at the top 25 composite in state, 12 are committed to SEC schools & 6 to BiG12 schools. Whereas, 2018 was the opposite (man I forgot how much ass you guys kicked in state last year). All but 1 kid in the top 25 went to either a BIG12 or SEC school last year.

Texas recruiting will be a 2 conference state as long as Texas and A&M have good staffs.

Last edited:
Reactions: LonghornMM
The point is that this state no longer has a border fence against any school. LSU is a legit challenger, blOwU is a legit challenger, Bama is a legit Challenger, I think Ohio state's days of being a legit challenger are over for now.

I'm glad Herman didn't just accept that Jimbo was the new kid and getting all the cool toys and went out of state to get legit players. It shows that Texas will do what it takes to recruit at a high level.

Next year is going to be a real dogfight every every top kid in Texas is going to have to say no to all the above mentioned schools besides the one he picks.

Reactions: RoboCocks21
I am loving we have gone out of state to get players it shows alot about herman and then the Texas kids will start paying attention to that if they don't want to go to Texas its cool we will get someone from out of state Hook 'Em

Last edited:
The point is that this state no longer has a border fence against any school. LSU is a legit challenger, blOwU is a legit challenger, Bama is a legit Challenger, I think Ohio state's days of being a legit challenger are over for now.

I'm glad Herman didn't just accept that Jimbo was the new kid and getting all the cool toys and went out of state to get legit players. It shows that Texas will do what it takes to recruit at a high level.

Next year is going to be a real dogfight every every top kid in Texas is going to have to say no to all the above mentioned schools besides the one he picks.

Beat jawja and aggy will fall behind quickly. They will no longer be able to say $ec $ec.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT