ADVERTISEMENT

Road trip: Minnesota

Are any of you old enough to remember GM Steakhouse? Right across from Dobie on Guadalupe. Best burgers and steak fries I ever ate in my life. It’s been gone for a while but that place had an incredible following for many years during the 70s, 80s, and 90s.
Yes, the original was on Lamar. It's where Janis Joplin got started. Fun story, as a sr in high school and my first visit to UT, some Aledo grads who were UT students took us under their wing for a weekend. One of the places we visited was GM. The employees proceeded to hit on one of our chaperones. She was president of delta delta delta... the gm employees were foul, rude and stupid. We told them to gfy and they laughed smiled and went to the next customer. I had never seen that at a restaurant before and prolly never again. 'Weird' at its finest.

Liberal and rude back then would not work today.

Last edited:
Are any of you old enough to remember GM Steakhouse? Right across from Dobie on Guadalupe. Best burgers and steak fries I ever ate in my life. It’s been gone for a while but that place had an incredible following for many years during the 70s, 80s, and 90s.
Wasn't G&M in Dazed and Confused? Cheapest and toughest steaks ever!

63 degrees this morning. Light breeze. Took a shower and air dried on the back porch with my coffee. Didn’t get arrested. 😉

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT