ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (This is the way)

@Ketchum how would you compare Quinn's QB skills in high school to Shane Morenz? I remember Shane's commitment as a big win for us in recruiting a pro passing QB with a a strong arm. I wish he had never hurt himself carrying a girl down a flight of stairs (rumor at the time). Of course, James Brown was a great successor to him.

Seems like a short while ago OB was mad we got another transfer WR, thankfully Sark did.

The coach risks offending the folks that facilitate roster talent and puts his job in jeopardy in any number of ways

or

He doesn’t.

I’m not trying to convince you that it happened. But you’ve basically belittled a perspective that actually plays out across all of professional sports in a sport that is increasingly - professional. There have been movies about it - EG Money Ball. And I’m curious why you’re so dubious of the potential.

I would really like to see the BMDs try to strong arm Sark with Board of Regents Chairman Kevin Eltife around. He is the one that proactively sought out Sark and brought him here. I really doubt he did that so a BMD would tell him who to play.

men, you just can't worry about dumb****s of other fan bases, just like you cant worry about the dumb****s of this fan base.

"Recruits read message boards" right?

point and case.. from ole Looch himself

NaWwxNh.jpg

Last edited:
@Ketchum how would you compare Quinn's QB skills in high school to Shane Morenz? I remember Shane's commitment as a big win for us in recruiting a pro passing QB with a a strong arm. I wish he had never hurt himself carrying a girl down a flight of stairs (rumor at the time). Of course, James Brown was a great successor to him.
Shea Morenz, fyi…. Could be an autocorrect error.

(Buy) The crow is the bigger bird, so they have the size advantage. It must be said, though, that grackles learn their fighting on the streets and would probably fight with dirty tactics. -Ketchum

Where the fuk is Dwight Schrute when you need him?!?
Bears, beets, Battlestar Galactica.

Reactions: ColladorUT
Not sure how you can make this statement.
Me either. But that’s the narrative, and I don’t know if you heard, but Quinn hasn’t played since his JUNIOR YEAR OF HIGH SCHOOL!!! 😱 That has to be three or four years ago and much longer than the typical redshirt freshman or people wouldn’t keep bringing it up. 😂

• Haha
Reactions: kathygb and SATXEX
Me either. But that’s the narrative, and I don’t know if you heard, but Quinn hasn’t played since his JUNIOR YEAR OF HIGH SCHOOL!!! 😱 That has to be three or four years ago and much longer than the typical redshirt freshman or people wouldn’t keep bringing it up. 😂
Yup - spending a season with one of the best programs and most dynamic offenses in CFB is of little benefit? In the pros, why do some say its good for a rookie QB to spend at least a year behind a vet? Arguing Sr Yr HS vs OSU is fine. Saying no benefit to OSU is BS.

Your buddy Billy is straight up saying it in very strong terms and I think we all know he says whatever narrative aggy as a whole wants him to say.
I wouldn’t sweat it. All these kids know how big of a deal Ewers is.

Reactions: Manolo
“d. Ja'Tavion Sanders is unlike anything Texas has had at the tight end position since a young Bo Scaife played the position. It'll be interesting to see how much the tight end position gets worked into the passing offense because going through the tight end hasn't always been a staple of the Sarkisian passing game, but there's no question that Sanders is a legit scary kind of weapon as he enters year two.”

@Ketchum

How many different people are going to regret not encouraging Sanders to be that bad ass pass rusher everybody knew he could be? Including himself. Great tight ends are nice to have. A really good pass rusher is a gold mine. A great edge pass rusher is the mint itself.

And in answer to your quote from the mandalorian, I would think Sark himself has been using a quote from GOT to help him make and live with that decision.

“It is known”
You want the guy to be happy. Being on offense makes him happy.

Reactions: horns--21
Just kidding, I thought it was Jalen Rose who said people shouldn't use Mt. Rushmore anymore because it's so offensive to native americans.
Ah, that went in one ear and out the other. :)

He’s further along at the same stage as Shae. More quality passing game reps and better coaching

Reactions: TEXMAN
Yup - spending a season with one of the best programs and most dynamic offenses in CFB is of little benefit? In the pros, why do some say its good for a rookie QB to spend at least a year behind a vet? Arguing Sr Yr HS vs OSU is fine. Saying no benefit to OSU is BS.
It is of little benefit if you aren’t active with quality reps on a daily basis and don’t work daily to asborb every piece of detailing in front of you.

It is of little benefit if you aren’t active with quality reps on a daily basis and don’t work daily to asborb every piece of detailing in front of you.
I'm not made up my kind on this. Do you think QE would be a better QB right now if he had played at SC his senior year? Or does it matter at this point?

Ketch,
I was having fun the other day with your swing/miss on QB1, but since then I have seen a few serious jabs thrown your way and I felt bad for not making a joke with you privately instead of posting the jokes. But here is the truth, you heard something, you verified it, and you published. Sometimes you just get it wrong. The major problem we have with our news sources these days is that many don't follow such standards and are happy to publish partial truths and unverified propaganda. Good that you follow journalistic standards. Now all you can do is shrug as there was nothing else you could have done differently.

Now sure how you can oppose it.

You have NO DATA Ketch. None. You cannot compare something that happened to something that didn’t and act like you know the outcome. I am not saying one is better than the other. I don’t know. But I will not say that a Young QB practicing at one of the best CFB programs is of no benefit. Your hubris meter is moving to red….

Reactions: SATXEX
You have NO DATA Ketch. None. You cannot compare something that happened to something that didn’t and act like you know the outcome. I am not saying one is better than the other. I don’t know. But I will not say that a Young QB practicing at one of the best CFB programs is of no benefit. Your hubris meter is moving to red….
I think we need to give it up, man. That’s his story and he’s sticking to it.

I'm not made up my kind on this. Do you think QE would be a better QB right now if he had played at SC his senior year? Or does it matter at this point?
I once though sitting at OSU for a semester was better, but I have reversed course.

Reactions: ColladorUT
You can’t even get access to Texas practices but you know this as facts for OSU. Amazing!!!
We talk to people who know these types of things. Access to practice is just a baby detail in the Webb of our network

Just my opinion.

I think we need to give it up, man. That’s his story and he’s sticking to it.
I think it’s an interesting discussion that can justified either way, but in this instance, I believe a senior season would have been more valuable, tilts incredibly subjective.

Reactions: Txhorns10
I would really like to see the BMDs try to strong arm Sark with Board of Regents Chairman Kevin Eltife around. He is the one that proactively sought out Sark and brought him here. I really doubt he did that so a BMD would tell him who to play.

Ideally I'd agree but all of it is up for change these days. It just so happened that Rick Neuheisel and his co-host were discussing the Texas QB decision and this exact issue about 45 minutes ago on Full Ride (Sirius XM84). Rick's opinion was that he'd find it hard to believe that the University would let boosters overrule Sark BUT he then spent the next 3-4 minutes acknowledging that this is a growing issue saying that NIL collectives are growing in power and like any other investor will expect that their investments are out on the field and then listed some examples of other schools that have what he called 'pseudo owners' that the University knows it has to make accommodations for.

Side note - I had no idea Phil Knight demanded and has a coaches headset for all games.

“d. Ja'Tavion Sanders is unlike anything Texas has had at the tight end position since a young Bo Scaife played the position. It'll be interesting to see how much the tight end position gets worked into the passing offense because going through the tight end hasn't always been a staple of the Sarkisian passing game, but there's no question that Sanders is a legit scary kind of weapon as he enters year two.”

@Ketchum

How many different people are going to regret not encouraging Sanders to be that bad ass pass rusher everybody knew he could be? Including himself. Great tight ends are nice to have. A really good pass rusher is a gold mine. A great edge pass rusher is the mint itself.

And in answer to your quote from the mandalorian, I would think Sark himself has been using a quote from GOT to help him make and live with that decision.

“It is known”
I have spoken.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT