ADVERTISEMENT

Sam after the game

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope that means he's going to learn not to stare down receivers, and that a deep ball needs to more than 10 feet off the ground.

Like I said he's improved greatly, but these are a must if he's going to take us to the next level.

I hope that means he's going to learn not to stare down receivers, and that a deep ball needs to more than 10 feet off the ground.

Like I said he's improved greatly, but these are a must if he's going to take us to the next level.

As much as he grew this year he will grow even better next. He broke a big 12 record this year and finished like 2nd in the nation in big throws down field. Just my 2 cents but I think we have our qb to win championships. Now just find the rest of the puzzle.

Yep. Looking off receivers and some pump fakes here and there would be necessary improvemenfs.

If he could only hit his receivers on stride and look down the middle for the open receiver instead of throwing into double coverage
Thiiiiiiis. Sam can, from time to time, look off db's. But it's once in a blue moon when death isn't breathing down his neck.

That's the difference. And I get what you're thinking. You're thinking "jeez clob, sam is still kinda young and he's going to learn and grow and improve and blah blah...".

You are correct. About 33% of the time, college qb's advance in knowledge after their sophomore year. And the kids that usually do that advancing... are kids that lack physical abilities.

There are exceptions of course. Vince Young was a natural. Cam newton was a natural. Michael Vick was a natural. Reggie McNeil was a natural...... even though he couldn't win... he was talented.

Then you have the kids that are talented, but work their ass off in the film room. Sometimes it translate to success in the pro's, sometimes it doesn't. Peyton manning, drew Brees, Troy aikman, carson palmer----- all film freaks--- so were Eric crouch, Tim Tebow, Ryan leaf, heath schuler...... all of them were great college qb's.

Sam is at a fragile point, believe it or not... where he has two roads converging. One road is a tough ass road... I mean it's a tough ass road. It's going to require him doing nothing but watching film, organizing work outs when you'd rather be hanging out at Barton springs with your thong wearing girlfriend with fake tits, and making sure all your skill players are on the same page with you. You need to be able to have such a close relationship with your offensive teammates that simple eye gestures or facial expressions let everybody know what your girlfriend bought you for Christmas.
You married guys know what I mean. A simple glance from your wife and you know what she's thinking.

Sam must develop that. He must.

Or we don't move forward.

If you don't believe me, think of Colt and Shipley. Little kids growing up together...... that just always seemed to hook up on the field.

Taxi just arrived. Talk to you boys in a few days.

It was not Sam's best game, however not much he can do when the sooner trash is committing pi every play.

I prefer to believe he'll improve more this offseason than he did the last one.

Should I lay off the peyote?
:)

I'm thumping my chest? I've barely even mentioned the win. Nice try though. Regardless of who you root for you always want to seem knowledgeable and respectful. I imagine you however even embarrass some of your own fans. I know you think you look cool but you just come across as a crybaby

Reactions: BillyRay
I'm thumping my chest? I've barely even mentioned the win. Nice try though. Regardless of who you root for you always want to seem knowledgeable and respectful. I imagine you however even embarrass some of your own fans. I know you think you look cool but you just come across as a crybaby

Go to your own board. Motley was all over CJ most plays. It was even acknowledged by Todd Blackledge. He pointed out the fact that the big 12 does not have a uniform policy on calling pi. That reeks of corruption.

Respect from who? Like I care... I could care less what others think of me. I don't give them that much power. Especially $ooner trash such as yourself. Respect from a sooner is like one mafia crime boss respecting another's ability to kill without recourse.

Another embarrassing comment on your behalf. Post without blaming and crying and you will get more respect. Your choice
He's not embarrassing himself. Refs were horrible yesterday. You held like a big dog on the kick off following the safety. Called it as it happened. We hold on our kick return for TD and it get's called. PI calls were terrible. On the safety, your corner lead with his hands to Sam's head. That should have been an immediate PF and instead of 2 points and the ball we have a 1st and 10 just down 3. What we want as fans is consistency, just like a strike zone in bball. Calls were not consistent yesterday and they favored OU all day long. Now go enjoy your bowl game. We'll see you again in Oct.

You thinking the safety should have been a penalty is ridiculous and you know it lol. As for other calls holding and interference can be called a majority of the time. However for the Texas fan base to complain about bad calls is comical. I hope you can admit no one gets more favorable calls than you guys lol. But yes we will see y'all in October. I think without Murray we might be in for a long year. We will see.

He's not embarrassing himself. Refs were horrible yesterday. You held like a big dog on the kick off following the safety. Called it as it happened. We hold on our kick return for TD and it get's called. PI calls were terrible. On the safety, your corner lead with his hands to Sam's head. That should have been an immediate PF and instead of 2 points and the ball we have a 1st and 10 just down 3. What we want as fans is consistency, just like a strike zone in bball. Calls were not consistent yesterday and they favored OU all day long. Now go enjoy your bowl game. We'll see you again in Oct.

Wadster, I needed a good laugh...mission accomplished. Your autopsy of the safety play was in depth and had some points...none of them were correct and your opinion of a bias was well off the mark as well. See you again in October.

The only reason ou win was because it looks better for the big 12. More money too.

Looks like ou and their ex- pretty boy benefited for the same reasons in two different conference games

Thiiiiiiis. Sam can, from time to time, look off db's. But it's once in a blue moon when death isn't breathing down his neck.

That's the difference. And I get what you're thinking. You're thinking "jeez clob, sam is still kinda young and he's going to learn and grow and improve and blah blah...".

You are correct. About 33% of the time, college qb's advance in knowledge after their sophomore year. And the kids that usually do that advancing... are kids that lack physical abilities.

There are exceptions of course. Vince Young was a natural. Cam newton was a natural. Michael Vick was a natural. Reggie McNeil was a natural...... even though he couldn't win... he was talented.

Then you have the kids that are talented, but work their ass off in the film room. Sometimes it translate to success in the pro's, sometimes it doesn't. Peyton manning, drew Brees, Troy aikman, carson palmer----- all film freaks--- so were Eric crouch, Tim Tebow, Ryan leaf, heath schuler...... all of them were great college qb's.

Sam is at a fragile point, believe it or not... where he has two roads converging. One road is a tough ass road... I mean it's a tough ass road. It's going to require him doing nothing but watching film, organizing work outs when you'd rather be hanging out at Barton springs with your thong wearing girlfriend with fake tits, and making sure all your skill players are on the same page with you. You need to be able to have such a close relationship with your offensive teammates that simple eye gestures or facial expressions let everybody know what your girlfriend bought you for Christmas.
You married guys know what I mean. A simple glance from your wife and you know what she's thinking.

Sam must develop that. He must.

Or we don't move forward.

If you don't believe me, think of Colt and Shipley. Little kids growing up together...... that just always seemed to hook up on the field.

Taxi just arrived. Talk to you boys in a few days.

I think Sam would do better if he had some good competition for QB with him, not talking Shane but, some one whose damn good, its evident these boys know how to play FB, but, for some reason they need to learn more, its not a science!, if after 3 yrs you still stink , you should be let go from the team, wasting time on something that will never improve

Hook'em

Hook'em

Hook'em

Sam is a true soph. I think he’s going to be just fine. HOWEVER, I do wonder what the offense will be like without LJ & CJ if they both leave. They bailed Sam out on 3rd downs all year.

I think Sam would do better if he had some good competition for QB with him, not talking Shane but, some one whose damn good, its evident these boys know how to play FB, but, for some reason they need to learn more, its not a science!, if after 3 yrs you still stink , you should be let go from the team, wasting time on something that will never improve

Hook'em

Who stinks after 3 years and should be let go, according to you?

The refs set an all-time game record for number of penalties against one team AND amount of penalty yards against one team.

That is still jarring. Not the video, but the fact that OU kept him on the team.

Guys in the NFL get culled out of the league for even a whiff of violence against women. At blou, it's like earning a purple heart.

Guys in the NFL get culled out of the league for even a whiff of violence against women. At blou, it's like earning a purple heart.

Wow I made the mistake of thinking you were able to stay on topic and debate...my mistake. Here is something which is on topic as your hard right turn: https://www.richardpennington.com/2010/11/racial-integration-college-football/

I guess you shoot first ask questions later. A decade of frustrations can do that to a person, hopefully you can find the path back, or find relevance for the first time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT