ADVERTISEMENT

SEC will be tougher than expected

Texas struggling those years was all about coaching and culture. Not talent. Make no mistake, there is a BIG difference between the 11th rated class and the 30th. Take it from a fan whose team has been on both sides of that. If you have Bill Snyder or a Gary Pinkel type coach who is great at evaluating and developing under the radar talent, you can make do with a 30th ranked class or lower. But trust me, Snyder and Pinkel would've rather had the #11 class.
Look at what teams average between 11 and 30 and tell me if any of those teams are much better than the other. Hint, any of them can beat the others on any day and none of them are winning any national championships. That's pretty much the same thing to me.

Look at what teams average between 11 and 30 and tell me if any of those teams are much better than the other. Hint, any of them can beat the others on any day and none of them are winning any national championships. That's pretty much the same thing to me.
Only one damn team a year wins the Natty. If the summation of your season on an annual basis is winning the natty, 90% of the time you're going to be disappointed.

And if teams are ranked that low they aren't winning it, they are all middle of the pack. Which makes my point that 11 is not much different than 30. Anyway, I'm done arguing about it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT