ADVERTISEMENT

SEC will be tougher than expected

This is just hyperbole. Bama beat USF by 14 in an awful game, barely beat Arkansas by 3, and barely beat aggie. Texas' close games against Iowa St, K-State, and Houston are just as good of teams. Saying Texas loses to "fill in the blank average or below average SEC team" b/c they played K-state close is just lazy. Sh*t happens and you are going to be in close games.
That’s true, that 2022 Georgia team went to Kentucky and the final was 16-6

Reactions: Seftees
OU will quickly dominate the SEC just like it's dominated every other conference it's ever been apart of.

Congrats that FL is about to become the SEC version of Texas Tech. You're done.
LOL, Texas Tech not a pushover though but anyway. I feel like Texas and Oklahoma is more than SEC ready. At the same time, It’s like this, as good as Texas is it’s 5 conference games they can lose IF they go into these games overconfident. That’s Oklahoma,Georgia, Arkansas, Kentucky, and A&M. I got Oklahoma going 9-3, losses to Auburn, Ole Miss and LSU. Games with Tennessee, Texas, Missouri and Bama are toss ups.

Reactions: outhereincali
I don’t know or care if this article is out of context, but we fans need to be ready. The difference in the SEC vs B12 is that there are bigger and stronger and faster opponents week in and week out. It will be a grind. Hope Quinn isn’t underestimating the long season ahead. Even the not so good teams have these players who can cause havoc. I think we lose 3. I don’t care if we lose to aggy as long as we don’t lose to blowu.
Facts, I tell people all the time every team is not Bama and Georgia but EVERY team has those type of athletes.

Reactions: westx
Atm has just as a favorable schedule as Texas minus having to play Texas. They play zero good teams on the road.

Call Michigan/ND a wash

Rest of your occ schedule is trash

They both play florida who isn't great.

They both play Arky who sucks ass

South Carolina sucks

Miss St is a wash

That leaves Mizzou, LSU, and Auburn (with the 2 hardest, Mizzou/LSU, at home) versus Georgia, OU, Kentuck, and Vandy.

Georgia is clearly way better than those games and OU is probably number 2 or 3 in that list. Atm does get Texas which bolsters their schedule but overall it's not significantly any different.
I think we can call Notre Dame and Michigan a wash. I think Michigan will be better later than early with new staff and a whole turnover of a team. Notre Dame has a lot of returners and a good QB.
Florida at home and Florida away is a little different.
Yes South Carolina is probably a 6-6 team but again, some teams have a really good home environment and tougher on the road. Look at that environment I showed you..6-6 South Carolina on the road is different than 6-6 type TCU where their road environment is trash. AND there are stretch games we have to go through where I don’t think Texas has one besides OU and Georgia which again is tough, but usually SEC has multiple stretch games. A&M might have more difficult teams but we do get those at home which does help a lot
TCU played in the National Championship game 2 years ago and aggy has not sniffed the playoff. The last time aggy was relevant, Hitler was moving on the Sudatenland. I'll assure you that their 'game day' environment is not trash when Texas comes to play. I'll also assure you that from 2011 to the present, if TCU plays aggy, TCU would be over .500 and possibly above .750. Gary Patterson is one hell of a coach... They should have played for a Championship back when TCU and Baylor were really good. Aggy is arrogant... can't wait to get this going.
Yes..they played in the Big 12 and got in..the got embarrassed more than any other team in history of a championship game. The reason TCU and Baylor didn’t get in then was because people knew they didn’t belong as evident by TCU getting murdered. Once you get to play a schedule like OU gets to play or like Florida has this year you will get what a hard schedule is. We played a few years back and played 4 number 1 teams in 1 year.
By SEC scheduling terms…you have a soft schedule. I’ve already said ours is favorable due to home games, but it is still a slight tick up. You will be favored in the Michigan game since they are a shell of what they were. You get Vandy which is the old Kansas doormat, Miss St, and Arky which you said was trash. TCU you could also say won when Texas and OU were both down. Texas calling Aggies arrogant is well..pot calling the kettle black. Yes, it will be fun to get it all started.

Reactions: SOUTHSWAMP
Facts, I tell people all the time every team is not Bama and Georgia but EVERY team has those type of athletes.
Agreed here. Just when you look at talent alone in this conference it is WAY different than what they are used to coming from. Don't get me wrong because I think you have done well to recruit in the trenches and then you have skill players...secondary could still be questionable, but overall there is good talent for sure. The difference is you can't talent you way through the SEC because other teams have just as much or more. 2024 you finished with the 6th best class..which ranks 3rd in the SEC and OU finished 8th which gets them 5th in the SEC. 2023 you had a 3rd ranked class which landed you the 3rd best in the SEC. 2022 you had the 5th best class which gave you the 4th best SEC. There are SEC teams right on your tail as well in all those classes where OU was the only competition for talent.
If you look at 4 or 5 star athletes across the board the SEC has 119 to 40 for the Big 12. That is keeping Texas and OU in the Big 12 where they were last year. If you want to take Bama and Georgia out and Texas and OU out of the Big 12 since those are the 2 best of each conference then you have 85-21 in the number of 4 or 5 star players. The point is that every team has athletes to hit you, push on you, run by you on routes and make it not as easy to just out talent someone.

Reactions: SOUTHSWAMP
I expect it to be very tough in the SEC. In all sports. It’s the next closest thing to professional sports.
You right it’s a fun and competitive league across the board. Texas and Oklahoma just made the league even more fun and competitive. Like Sankey said “it’s not 14 schools that added 2, it’s were 16 strong”
Agreed here. Just when you look at talent alone in this conference it is WAY different than what they are used to coming from. Don't get me wrong because I think you have done well to recruit in the trenches and then you have skill players...secondary could still be questionable, but overall there is good talent for sure. The difference is you can't talent you way through the SEC because other teams have just as much or more. 2024 you finished with the 6th best class..which ranks 3rd in the SEC and OU finished 8th which gets them 5th in the SEC. 2023 you had a 3rd ranked class which landed you the 3rd best in the SEC. 2022 you had the 5th best class which gave you the 4th best SEC. There are SEC teams right on your tail as well in all those classes where OU was the only competition for talent.
If you look at 4 or 5 star athletes across the board the SEC has 119 to 40 for the Big 12. That is keeping Texas and OU in the Big 12 where they were last year. If you want to take Bama and Georgia out and Texas and OU out of the Big 12 since those are the 2 best of each conference then you have 85-21 in the number of 4 or 5 star players. The point is that every team has athletes to hit you, push on you, run by you on routes and make it not as easy to just out talent someone.
Facts, in the 2024 recruiting rankings. The SEC had 15 teams in the top 30.

Reactions: westx
Sorry, but they just don't. South Carolina has sucked balls and would have gotten their asses handed to them by TCU the majority of the time over the last 15 years. If they had those exact athletes.... they would be competing for titles just like Bama and Georgia. This idea that just b/c Texas didn't play their best game 3 times last year but still won would equate to losses those weeks in the SEC is just a trash argument. Just take a close look at Bama (yeah that team Texas beat by 10 at home for the first time ever under Saban), they played close games and won without their A game plenty of times last year.

ATM has the same record in the SEC over the last 12 years as then did the previous 12 in the big 12. Nothing has changed for them.

No, the other SEC teams don't have just as much talent or more than Texas..... they just don't. Some of them do, but the majority do not. Does that automatically equate to wins? Of course not. They have to be coached, they have to have scheme, they have to produce. I think Sark has more than shown all of things can and will happen.

If Texas is on their game the next 5-10 years like they were from 2000-2009 they will steam roll the average SEC team. The difference is there are more heavy weights at the top each year. If they are more like 2010-2020, they will be very mediocre.

Sorry, but they just don't. South Carolina has sucked balls and would have gotten their asses handed to them by TCU the majority of the time over the last 15 years. If they had those exact athletes.... they would be competing for titles just like Bama and Georgia. This idea that just b/c Texas didn't play their best game 3 times last year but still won would equate to losses those weeks in the SEC is just a trash argument. Just take a close look at Bama (yeah that team Texas beat by 10 at home for the first time ever under Saban), they played close games and won without their A game plenty of times last year.
In the 2024 recruiting rankings 15 of the top 30 was from the SEC. You remember what happened to #5 Tennessee a heavy playoff favorite too, went into South Carolina and got 63 points put up on them. The same Tennessee team that beat Bama. When was the last time the #5 team in the country and heavy playoff favorite got 63 put up on them by a lower tier team. Going to be Interesting to hear your answer.

You never know til those teams play that Georgia team that beat TCU, went into Kentucky and the final was 16-6. You see what I’m saying we can speculate all day but that’s why they play the game, also Auburn went at LSU natty team the final was 23-20.

In the 2024 recruiting rankings 15 of the top 30 was from the SEC. You remember what happened to #5 Tennessee a heavy playoff favorite too, went into South Carolina and got 63 points put up on them. The same Tennessee team that beat Bama. When was the last time the #5 team in the country and heavy playoff favorite got 63 put up on them by a lower tier team. Going to be Interesting to hear your answer.
Rankings aren't the end all be all. I'm sure South Carolina and many other SEC teams "out recruited" TCU over the last 15 years. Many of them would have had hell with TCU and losing records against them over the last 15 years. Your anecdotal evidence still proves nothing. Sure anything can happen in one week but Texas playing bad a few weeks in the big 12 doesn't totally equate to a loss if that had been a middle of the road SEC team. The SEC doesn't have a monopoly on lesser teams of that year giving some of the better teams hell.... especially if the top team is on the road.

Last edited:
You never know til those teams play that Georgia team that beat TCU, went into Kentucky and the final was 16-6. You see what I’m saying we can speculate all day but that’s why they play the game, also Auburn went at LSU natty team the final was 23-20.
You are speculating that Texas would lose in the SEC if they have a down week. You are making my points for me. Anyone can have close games on a down week. Doesn't mean they are going to lose. Trying to say Texas loses those games last year if those were SEC teams and not TCU/Houston/K-State is a trash argument.

TCU would have beat the sh*t out of most of those SEC teams the last 15 years. Taking Georgia and extrapolating that to the middle of the road teams like aggy, florida, kentucky, etc isn't going to work.

Reactions: 2300 Nueces
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT