ADVERTISEMENT

SEC will be tougher than expected

People will want to beat them just to welcome them to the SEC but Auburn and Alabama are still the big rivalry, LSU and Bama, Florida and Tennessee, etc. A&M will certainly want to beat the crap out of you for sure, but there are way to many other big games that Texas won’t be a center piece like they have been.

Also, I’m not one to think Texas is going to come in and get manhandled in the SEC like some think. The biggest thing is you can’t have 3 games like you did last year where you played like crap and still won. Those would have been 3 losses in the SEC with teams with better athletes.

Also, I’m not one to think Texas is going to come in and get manhandled in the SEC like some think. The biggest thing is you can’t have 3 games like you did last year where you played like crap and still won. Those would have been 3 losses in the SEC with teams with better athletes.
B12 officials say hello. Texas doesn't play well when the calls are 125-0.

B12 officials say hello. Texas doesn't play well when the calls are 125-0.
With 125-0 and your talent vs theirs, it still shouldn’t have been close. Come on..officiating? You would crucify A&M if we ever said we lost or almost lost because of officiating. Just saying that you have 0 weeks off. There are some mediocre SEC teams for sure, but they still have dudes. When you look at recruiting and a team like Kentucky has more 4 star players than teams like Ok. State, TCU and Tech combined, it just means you can’t play a c game and win like you have doing.

With 125-0 and your talent vs theirs, it still shouldn’t have been close. Come on..officiating? You would crucify A&M if we ever said we lost or almost lost because of officiating. Just saying that you have 0 weeks off. There are some mediocre SEC teams for sure, but they still have dudes. When you look at recruiting and a team like Kentucky has more 4 star players than teams like Ok. State, TCU and Tech combined, it just means you can’t play a c game and win like you have doing.
You don't have a clue. Aggy left the conference after 4 or 5 losses in a row to Tech? My family members who are Tech grads laugh at aggy all the time. Look at Texas's overall penalty totals for the last 2 years. It's easily a 7 or 8 to 1 ratio. Penalties that kill drives and/or continue drives are game killers. It's common knowledge that the B12 was out for us after butt hurt aggy spilled the beans. I find it hilarious when aggy runs down the b12, the conference they never won. I'm still hoping that aggy runs to the B10, that would be the funniest thing in recent memory. Tell Trev thanks for me.

Last edited:
Reactions: westx
You don't have a clue. Aggy left the conference after 4 or 5 losses in a row to Tech? My family members who are Tech grads laugh at aggy all the time. Look at Texas's overall penalty totals for the last 2 years. It's easily a 7 or 8 to 1 ratio. Penalties that kill drives and/or continue drives are game killers. It's common knowledge that the B12 was out for us after butt hurt aggy spilled the beans. I find it hilarious when aggy runs down the b12, the conference they never won. I'm still hoping that aggy runs to the B10, that would be the funniest thing in recent memory. Tell Trev thanks for me.
Actually they did win in 98…yes that’s a long time ago. Yes, Aggie went first to the SEC and now here comes Texas following. Big 12 WAS good and turned to crap when other teams left it became Texas and OU.. Texas fans said how overrated the SEC was and now you call it a gauntlet. Which is it? Aggies lose on bad calls it isn’t bad calls, it’s called crying. Texas loses and it can’t be just because your coaches made bad decisions or possibly Texas does hold and do things wrong. BUT, that isn’t called crying?? Got it!

You split with kstate in 98, thats not a championship, it's kissing your sister. Having Jawja, michigan, and ou early is a tough schedule. Even UTSA is picked to win cusa. That is tougher than app state at home. The rest of the sec games won't be any different than the b12. I'll leave these memories from an inferior confrence:

Actually they did win in 98…yes that’s a long time ago. Yes, Aggie went first to the SEC and now here comes Texas following. Big 12 WAS good and turned to crap when other teams left it became Texas and OU.. Texas fans said how overrated the SEC was and now you call it a gauntlet. Which is it? Aggies lose on bad calls it isn’t bad calls, it’s called crying. Texas loses and it can’t be just because your coaches made bad decisions or possibly Texas does hold and do things wrong. BUT, that isn’t called crying?? Got it!

Last edited:
You split with kstate in 98, thats not a championship, it's kissing your sister. Having Jawja, michigan, and ou early is a tough schedule. Even UTSA is picked to win cusa. That is tougher than app state at home. The rest of the sec games won't be any different than the b12. I'll leave these memories from an inferior confrence:

Your SEC schedule ranks 15th of the 16 SEC schedules. You face 2 teams that won more than 7 games and neither of those games is on the road. So, there is that. What you see as a tough schedule is easy as far as SEC schedules. SEC gave you a pacifier for your first year. Michigan lost their coach, QB, RB and a crap ton of starters. It is at Michigan and yes they will still have dudes but it’s a great time to catch them when you have an experienced team and they will be figuring it out.

And since you were talking officiating you forgot to post the mythical targeting call that got you in field goal range.

Your SEC schedule ranks 15th of the 16 SEC schedules. You face 2 teams that won more than 7 games and neither of those games is on the road. So, there is that. What you see as a tough schedule is easy as far as SEC schedules. SEC gave you a pacifier for your first year. Michigan lost their coach, QB, RB and a crap ton of starters. It is at Michigan and yes they will still have dudes but it’s a great time to catch them when you have an experienced team and they will be figuring it out.
Here's what's funny- of the 7 teams with the "toughest schedule" in the country this year- Texas in on 6 of those schedules. NONE of them- save Vandy- are the little sisters of the poor.

On top of that- while Oklahoma is playing "Maine" and aggy is playing McNeese St (I will give you props for scheduling ND- but they suck right now)... Texas plays Meat Chicken.

Don't sit and tell me we have a cake walk to the title game.

Here's what's funny- of the 7 teams with the "toughest schedule" in the country this year- Texas in on 6 of those schedules. NONE of them- save Vandy- are the little sisters of the poor.

On top of that- while Oklahoma is playing "Maine" and aggy is playing McNeese St (I will give you props for scheduling ND- but they suck right now)... Texas plays Meat Chicken.

Notre Dame will come in ranked 5 while Michigan will be ranked 8. I don’t think it’s a cake walk, but it’s a favorable SEC schedule with road vs home games as well and no Ole Miss, Alabama, or LSU and all games that are difficult games are at home. Road games in the SEC are no joke so that matters. Your OU and Georgia back to back will be a test even with a neutral site and home game. Again, that’s hard but they aren’t away games.

We did get a fortunate draw, but at Arky and at Aggie are tough games. Those two weirdo schools live to beat Texas.

Reactions: HornDrummer
We did get a fortunate draw, but at Arky and at Aggie are tough games. Those two weirdo schools live to beat Texas.
True.my son sadly goes to Arkansas and he said if they went 1-11 and beat Texas it would be a success. Sixteen Aggies and 1 Razorback in the fam..good times. Yes, and no matter how bad A&M ever is it will be a pretty crazy environment with the first game back in the rivalry.

Reactions: weevilcatch
The aggy has a good point that I agree with. (That did not roll out very easily).
Our boys definitely took a few games off last year and still won. Against a mid-level sec team we very likely would have eaten an L.
We very well could be taking a few extra lumps this year due to hangovers, so be it. Hopefully it will further condition our program to be jacked week in and week out.

As for joining the sec now, let's not pretend it was for overall stronger competition. Sec pays the most $$, is the most stable, & currently the most future proof of all the conferences. With NIL out of control, if you want to stay competitive you HAVE to have a consistent flow of $$ bags. Donors are donors but what happens if you have a couple lower donation years? Stability had to be a major factor.

The aggy has a good point that I agree with. (That did not roll out very easily).
Our boys definitely took a few games off last year and still won. Against a mid-level sec team we very likely would have eaten an L.
We very well could be taking a few extra lumps this year due to hangovers, so be it. Hopefully it will further condition our program to be jacked week in and week out.

As for joining the sec now, let's not pretend it was for overall stronger competition. Sec pays the most $$, is the most stable, & currently the most future proof of all the conferences. With NIL out of control, if you want to stay competitive you HAVE to have a consistent flow of $$ bags. Donors are donors but what happens if you have a couple lower donation years? Stability had to be a major factor.

Yep. You have to bring it every game. And stay healthy.

Any one of the SEC teams is able to show up any week and beat anybody

True.my son sadly goes to Arkansas and he said if they went 1-11 and beat Texas it would be a success. Sixteen Aggies and 1 Razorback in the fam..good times. Yes, and no matter how bad A&M ever is it will be a pretty crazy environment with the first game back in the rivalry.
Neither school needed the game but I've been open about wanting to get some tradition back in cfb.
I've only been to 1 game in CS when I was maybe 11 or 12 and would never take my family there in UT gear. In the stadium was fine but good lawd outside was rowdy.

In my house with life long friends and alum from both schools is perfect. Have drinks, watch game, talk crap, go shoot some hogs.

Actually we do. We play 8 games. 4 of them had losing records. 2 of them barely qualified for a bowl. I look at our SEC schedule and the only teams I see that can beat us are GA and OK.

So for the last 10 years we’ve had to listen to everyone tell us how tough the SEC is and how their worst teams would win every other conference in college football. Playing in the SEC is a gauntlet with no breathers. That’s why all the SEC teams schedule McNeese, Georgia Southern, Alabama St, LaGrange Jr High, etc.
Now we show up to get some of that bruising schedule and all we hear is how shitty the teams we drew are. Which is it?

Yep some top teams in the secsecsec for sure.....I have to wonder how in the world aTm has managed to avoid Georgia every year save one?

Reactions: weevilcatch
So for the last 10 years we’ve had to listen to everyone tell us how tough the SEC is and how their worst teams would win every other conference in college football. Playing in the SEC is a gauntlet with no breathers. That’s why all the SEC teams schedule McNeese, Georgia Southern, Alabama St, LaGrange Jr High, etc.
Now we show up to get some of that bruising schedule and all we hear is how shitty the teams we drew are. Which is it?
A few years ago I think you had Alabama, Georgia and LSU as the cream of the crop. LSU is still good but haven’t been themselves. Florida has been down for a bit as well as Tennessee. Ole Miss has been pretty good but Lane seems to crap the bed when he plays great teams. A&M has the talent and coaching has sucked.
Kentucky, Miss St, A&M, South Carolina and Missouri can beat you any given Saturday if you aren’t sharp.
I think the SEC has more athletes than any other conference. I’m guessing you will have a few more injuries just due to the physicality of the league. Week in and week out there are a lot more 4 and 5 star players than Texas is used to playing on a weekly basis. I’m saying that if Texas plays week they have enough talent to do very well. They are an SEC built team. However, you can’t play a B- game and get away with it because the other teams still have some great players. Those B- games are losses which is why it makes it harder.

I knew as soon as we got to the SEC ppl would change their stance and say some bs like a weak schedule. And here we are, exactly that. Pathetic. First we beat nobody in the big 12, now its YOU HAVE THE EASIEST SCHEDULE IN THE SEC...umm i thought the crappiest teams in the sec could beat the best teams in the big 12? Which is it? Thats why im not ganna argue and just let the season play out. We could play Mich, Bama, Georgia, Tennessee, Aggy, Arky and South Carolina and go undefeated and the haters would still say we suck. Fvck em

I knew as soon as we got to the SEC ppl would change their stance and say some bs like a weak schedule. And here we are, exactly that. Pathetic. First we beat nobody in the big 12, now its YOU HAVE THE EASIEST SCHEDULE IN THE SEC...umm i thought the crappiest teams in the sec could beat the best teams in the big 12? Which is it? Thats why im not ganna argue and just let the season play out. We could play Mich, Bama, Georgia, Tennessee, Aggy, Arky and South Carolina and go undefeated and the haters would still say we suck. Fvck em
I didn’t say you had the easiest schedule, but that is what comes out when schedule rankings happen. Rant at whoever comes out with those rankings. I’m saying according to the rankings it’s the 15th easiest SEC schedule. You got the 2 hardest teams at a neutral site and at home. That’s favorable is all that was said. The grind is that teams have great players and they will wear on you.
Just in the top 25 recruiting classes this year there are 97 4 or 5 star players coming from the SEC including OU and excluding Texas since you will be playing those teams. The Big 12 will have 4 four or five star recruits in the top 25 recruiting rankings. I stand by it’s a grind and very difficult which again I said you were built for, but you can’t take a week off like you can in the Big 12 besides Vandy

I didn’t say you had the easiest schedule, but that is what comes out when schedule rankings happen. Rant at whoever comes out with those rankings. I’m saying according to the rankings it’s the 15th easiest SEC schedule. You got the 2 hardest teams at a neutral site and at home. That’s favorable is all that was said. The grind is that teams have great players and they will wear on you.
Just in the top 25 recruiting classes this year there are 97 4 or 5 star players coming from the SEC including OU and excluding Texas since you will be playing those teams. The Big 12 will have 4 four or five star recruits in the top 25 recruiting rankings. I stand by it’s a grind and very difficult which again I said you were built for, but you can’t take a week off like you can in the Big 12 besides Vandy
how many weeks off a season does Aggy take? Just curious.

Reactions: 2300 Nueces
how many weeks off a season does Aggy take? Just curious.
Honestly you have usually 2 non conference games that should be an easy win and then the ridiculous game SEC teams have against the sisters of the poor. Notre Dame is a rough start. Playing at Florida is added difficulty. Missouri is top 10 team and then going to those stupid cowbells. LSU and Texas at home are tough but at least they are at home. at South Carolina is not easy. I would say we don’t have an SEC cupcake, but we have 3 cupcakes non conference.

Well I’m sure you can break free of Kansas as well…yes, 77-0 was the most painful game I’ve ever witnessed. It could have been 100-0 if they wanted it. Thanks for the reminder.
you mean how we beat a top 25 kansas last year easily? a Kansas team that would have beat any of the bottom of the SEC? but i thought all big 12 teams suck and wouldnt beat anyone in the big 12?

Reactions: HornDrummer
SEC may have better athletes - and that’s only with respect to DLinemen. Everywhere else, outside of Bama and GA, meh.

You know what’s not better in the SEC? Coaching. We’ve had to contend with some of the slickest, smartest, most consistent and sound coaching in the country during our time in the B12.

That’s where I think see a drop off going into the SEC.

Honestly you have usually 2 non conference games that should be an easy win and then the ridiculous game SEC teams have against the sisters of the poor. Notre Dame is a rough start. Playing at Florida is added difficulty. Missouri is top 10 team and then going to those stupid cowbells. LSU and Texas at home are tough but at least they are at home. at South Carolina is not easy. I would say we don’t have an SEC cupcake, but we have 3 cupcakes non conference.
But you guys don't have to play GA or AL. How many SEC teams can say that?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT