ADVERTISEMENT

SEC will be tougher than expected

Of course it’s possible but Texas currently isn’t Georgia. Agreed you can play bad and still win, but I don’t think it is as easy to do in the SEC. Last year you focused solely on Alabama because you had Rice before and Wyoming after. This year you have OU and turn around and get right back up for Georgia. The SEC environments are much better as well..this is a plus, not a knock on the Big 12. This means it’s easier to get up for games because the environment is special is most SEC venues minus Vandy. In the Big 12 OU and Texas environment is top notch. In the SEC it lags behind Alabama, LSU, Tennessee, Auburn, Florida and A&M. I’ve been to games at all of them. South Carolina is legit and Ole Miss reminds you a lot of Tech when they are good. Miss State can be loud as hell as well. The point in that is that you will have a hell of a time on road trips and every damn Saturday is fun. Buckle up and enjoy.
Actually, the only point I disagree with you on is your first point. You state that we’re not Georgia, implying that we’re not as good. I agree we’re not Georgia but I’d argue we’re better. The rest of your post I actually agree with which is why I was in favor of this move. I’m looking forward to the crazy environments at the SEC schools.

Actually, the only point I disagree with you on is your first point. You state that we’re not Georgia, implying that we’re not as good. I agree we’re not Georgia but I’d argue we’re better. The rest of your post I actually agree with which is why I was in favor of this move. I’m looking forward to the crazy environments at the SEC schools.
Well, I honestly don’t think we know how good Texas is. You may be good, but Georgia has been dominant and got screwed last year as I thought they would win it again. They are absolutely loaded. Texas could be headed there but they aren’t to Georgias level until proven otherwise which to your point could be this year. We will see. Yes, road trips and stadium venues are insane. SEC teams travel too so it’s even fun when they come to your city. Tailgating in the SEC is a step above it all. Fun times ahead for you. Been to every venue but Vandy and Miss St, and it is different.

Well, I honestly don’t think we know how good Texas is. You may be good, but Georgia has been dominant and got screwed last year as I thought they would win it again. They are absolutely loaded. Texas could be headed there but they aren’t to Georgias level until proven otherwise which to your point could be this year. We will see. Yes, road trips and stadium venues are insane. SEC teams travel too so it’s even fun when they come to your city. Tailgating in the SEC is a step above it all. Fun times ahead for you. Been to every venue but Vandy and Miss St, and it is different.

Bru, you're going to be playing in the B1G soon so why do you care.... looks chilly.

Yes, road trips and stadium venues are insane.
I bet they are.....oh, by the way.....did you catch the quote by the Alabama All world Defender last year at the news conference last year after Bama squeeked by Texas?( 2022 game)....He said that DKR was the loudest and craziest place he had ever played.....

goes both ways is all I mean

I bet they are.....oh, by the way.....did you catch the quote by the Alabama All world Defender last year at the news conference last year after Bama squeeked by Texas?( 2022 game)....He said that DKR was the loudest and craziest place he had ever played.....

Yes, I caught that. When the top 25 best crowds, best environments and such come out every year, Texas is rarely as high as many of the top SEC environments. However, I think that changes when week in and week out fans have a little more to cheer about. Do you really get excited when Iowa St, Kansas, Kansas St, Baylor, Tech, TCU or West Virginia come to Austin? You think Georgia will experience the same volume as those schools? So, I think the environment you saw against Alabama will be repeated many games a year. Florida, Georgia, Tennessee, A&M, LSU, Bama, Ole Miss(Trust me you will hate that team) and even the Miss St and South Carolinas of the world will bring volume.

ok....That's it!....who are you and what have you done with Cali?... If he is not OK you will have to answer to us...
No it's me @outhereincali. Two years ago I thought we were crazy to go there. But I really think times are changing.

What TX season really means to me is Ewers. He's not coming back next year. This is his make or break season to the NFL. Most of know he has the ability to win the Heisman and go high in the draft he knows it to. I'm thinking he'll be ready to go. Receivers? Yeah we have to replace them all but I got my eye on Isiah Bond. Did you catch that game winning td against AL?

I know our secondary had to improve. We also have to replace Swett and Ford. But here's where coach K comes in. Look what he did with the players he inherited. But nowl it's his recruits. I have the utmost confidence in him. As I've said so many times before go back to his WA days and see how many players he sent to the NFL. First round draft picks, and all pros.

That's why I look at our team and look at the SEC and I'm not in awe anymore.

Last edited:
When the top 25 best crowds, best environments and such come out every year,
never heard of it.....you say this comes out every year?...who puts it out? Are you saying that LB from Bama never played at Kyle Field?. or Florida,Georgia, Tennessee, A&M. LSU, OLE Miss or those other places you talked about.

Yes, I caught that. When the top 25 best crowds, best environments and such come out every year, Texas is rarely as high as many of the top SEC environments. However, I think that changes when week in and week out fans have a little more to cheer about. Do you really get excited when Iowa St, Kansas, Kansas St, Baylor, Tech, TCU or West Virginia come to Austin? You think Georgia will experience the same volume as those schools? So, I think the environment you saw against Alabama will be repeated many games a year. Florida, Georgia, Tennessee, A&M, LSU, Bama, Ole Miss(Trust me you will hate that team) and even the Miss St and South Carolinas of the world will bring volume.
Out of curiosity BBA, are you for or against aggies going to the Big 10?

How did Georgia get screwed? They lost to Alabama in the SEC Championship. A team that Texas beat by double digits going away at their house, by the way. I will go on record saying Texas is as good or better at every position except interior D line. If they get average play there, the improvement in the edge will make up for that. I agree with you on environment. SEC game day environments are just better. Yes Austin was rocking for Bama but there’s clearly a drop off when Iowa State comes to town. I hope you guys don’t bolt for the Frozen North Conference. College football is better when we play y’all on Thanksgiving. This is a chance for both schools to start to re-establish control over Texas High School football recruiting. I just hope neither side fvcks it up.

Out of curiosity BBA, are you for or against aggies going to the Big 10?
100 percent against. I still don’t think that is happening. I know there are going to be a lot of dominos that fall when ACC Florida St, Miami and Clemson get in the move. In a few years there aren’t going to be conferences anyway. It will look like the NFL.

Another thing about the SEC. GA plays at AL on 9/28. These teams don't play each other in the regular season very much. I'll bet you anything the SEC sees to that. Anyway the loser is going to have flight uphill the rest of the way. Even more so now that the longhorns are in the SEC.

If I had to guess I’d say Georgia and then Texas. I do think Alabama takes a step back.
Again Texas has a favorable schedule. All I mean is that they don’t have a “stretch” that can get you in trouble. OU and Georgia back to back sucks but neutral and home game is as good as you can hope for there.
OU schedule sucks: Tennessee, at Auburn and Texas in a row. Then later you have at Ole Miss, at Missouri Bama and then at LSU. I think if Texas and OU flipped schedules they might finish with about the same record. Texas also catches a break with Michigan. New staff, new QB, and running back. They might be figuring it out. Just saying that is good for Texas schedule wise.
The game at Kyle should be a ridiculous environment if A&M can be somewhat good under Elko. But to say thoughts as you asked, it wouldn’t shock me if Texas won the west or the conference. You have talent and a good schedule.

Reactions: outhereincali
If I had to guess I’d say Georgia and then Texas. I do think Alabama takes a step back.
Again Texas has a favorable schedule. All I mean is that they don’t have a “stretch” that can get you in trouble. OU and Georgia back to back sucks but neutral and home game is as good as you can hope for there.
OU schedule sucks: Tennessee, at Auburn and Texas in a row. Then later you have at Ole Miss, at Missouri Bama and then at LSU. I think if Texas and OU flipped schedules they might finish with about the same record. Texas also catches a break with Michigan. New staff, new QB, and running back. They might be figuring it out. Just saying that is good for Texas schedule wise.
The game at Kyle should be a ridiculous environment if A&M can be somewhat good under Elko. But to say thoughts as you asked, it wouldn’t shock me if Texas won the west or the conference. You have talent and a good schedule.
That’s a fair assessment. I actually like the Elko hire. He reminds me of Slocum. He’s not a sexy hire but he’s a good coach that will figure out how to compete. Now we just need to get both sides back to a Turkey Day game.

You're right OK's conference schedule sucks. But the SEC is known for scheduling overmatched teams in November and OK gets to play Maine and has an off weak before the AL.

In regards to your Aggies I think the most important thing for Elko is to rebuild the culture they may lose some games but if he can do that it could be considered a good start.

Last edited:
You're right OK's conference schedule sucks. But the SEC is known for scheduling overmatched teams in November and OK gets to play Maine and had an off weak before the party AL.

In regards to your Aggies I think the most important thing for Elko is to rebuild the culture they may lose some games but if he can do that it could be considered a good start.
A&M still has a LOT of talent on the defensive side which should be good. If Colin Klein offense is decent they have a lot of talent on the offensive side of the ball as well. If the Oline can improve I like our chances to go 9-3. Our schedule is somewhat favorable as well considering we get Notre Dame, Texas, Missouri and LSU at home. At Florida early is ok with me since DJ Lagway probably won’t be starting yet. South Carolina and Miss St on the road could be a little tricky as well.

A&M still has a LOT of talent on the defensive side which should be good. If Colin Klein offense is decent they have a lot of talent on the offensive side of the ball as well. If the Oline can improve I like our chances to go 9-3. Our schedule is somewhat favorable as well considering we get Notre Dame, Texas, Missouri and LSU at home. At Florida early is ok with me since DJ Lagway probably won’t be starting yet. South Carolina and Miss St on the road could be a little tricky as well.
Who's going to be your qb? If ND has a good qb this year they could be a playoff team the talent is there.

You just have to stay healthy. If your DLine holds up, you have a decent shot.

I remember that. And I remember thinking “Man, no one has EVER said that about DKR, lol”.

Who's going to be your qb? If ND has a good qb this year they could be a playoff team the talent is there.
Connor Weigman is going to start. He is on some Heisman lists but I’m not completely sold. Part of it is that our line has sucked and he has been on his back a lot.

Sark know what it takes to be successful in the league. Building depth and maintaining it is a huge key. Texas has the big guys in trenches and are skilled at positions beyond that everything just has to gel together. But westx is speaking facts those lower tier teams are very physical. A few examples, that same Georgia team that beat TCU went to Kentucky and was held to 16pts. The final was 16-6. Vandy went into Kentucky as well and beat 24-21. This past season Arkansas and State both went 1-7 in conference, but vs LSU 31-34, vs Ole Miss 20-27, vs Bama 21-24 but vs State 3-7. State beat Arizona the same amount of points as Washington did.
Agreed. The whole Texas snuck by Houston, K-State etc stuff is overblown. Plenty of teams don't have their A game every Saturday and wind up in a few dog fights each year. Yes the SEC will be tougher than the Big 12 but Sark is building the depth it's going to take.

Also, I’m not one to think Texas is going to come in and get manhandled in the SEC like some think. The biggest thing is you can’t have 3 games like you did last year where you played like crap and still won. Those would have been 3 losses in the SEC with teams with better athletes.
This is just hyperbole. Bama beat USF by 14 in an awful game, barely beat Arkansas by 3, and barely beat aggie. Texas' close games against Iowa St, K-State, and Houston are just as good of teams. Saying Texas loses to "fill in the blank average or below average SEC team" b/c they played K-state close is just lazy. Sh*t happens and you are going to be in close games.

With 125-0 and your talent vs theirs, it still shouldn’t have been close. Come on..officiating? You would crucify A&M if we ever said we lost or almost lost because of officiating. Just saying that you have 0 weeks off. There are some mediocre SEC teams for sure, but they still have dudes. When you look at recruiting and a team like Kentucky has more 4 star players than teams like Ok. State, TCU and Tech combined, it just means you can’t play a c game and win like you have doing
2023 Bama says hello.

Reactions: DHHorn
Notre Dame will come in ranked 5 while Michigan will be ranked 8. I don’t think it’s a cake walk, but it’s a favorable SEC schedule with road vs home games as well and no Ole Miss, Alabama, or LSU and all games that are difficult games are at home. Road games in the SEC are no joke so that matters. Your OU and Georgia back to back will be a test even with a neutral site and home game. Again, that’s hard but they aren’t away games.
Atm has just as a favorable schedule as Texas minus having to play Texas. They play zero good teams on the road.

Call Michigan/ND a wash

Rest of your occ schedule is trash

They both play florida who isn't great.

They both play Arky who sucks ass

South Carolina sucks

Miss St is a wash

That leaves Mizzou, LSU, and Auburn (with the 2 hardest, Mizzou/LSU, at home) versus Georgia, OU, Kentuck, and Vandy.

Georgia is clearly way better than those games and OU is probably number 2 or 3 in that list. Atm does get Texas which bolsters their schedule but overall it's not significantly any different.

Reactions: oldhorn2
Atm has just as a favorable schedule as Texas minus having to play Texas. They play zero good teams on the road.

Call Michigan/ND a wash

Rest of your occ schedule is trash

They both play florida who isn't great.

They both play Arky who sucks ass

South Carolina sucks

Miss St is a wash

That leaves Mizzou, LSU, and Auburn (with the 2 hardest, Mizzou/LSU, at home) versus Georgia, OU, Kentuck, and Vandy.

Georgia is clearly way better than those games and OU is probably number 2 or 3 in that list. Atm does get Texas which bolsters their schedule but overall it's not significantly any different.
I think we can call Notre Dame and Michigan a wash. I think Michigan will be better later than early with new staff and a whole turnover of a team. Notre Dame has a lot of returners and a good QB.
Florida at home and Florida away is a little different.
Yes South Carolina is probably a 6-6 team but again, some teams have a really good home environment and tougher on the road. Look at that environment I showed you..6-6 South Carolina on the road is different than 6-6 type TCU where their road environment is trash. AND there are stretch games we have to go through where I don’t think Texas has one besides OU and Georgia which again is tough, but usually SEC has multiple stretch games. A&M might have more difficult teams but we do get those at home which does help a lot.

I think we can call Notre Dame and Michigan a wash. I think Michigan will be better later than early with new staff and a whole turnover of a team. Notre Dame has a lot of returners and a good QB.
Yes South Carolina is probably a 6-6 team but again, some teams have a really good home environment and tougher on the road. Look at that environment I showed you..6-6 South Carolina on the road is different than 6-6 type TCU where their road environment is trash. AND there are stretch games we have to go through where I don’t think Texas has one besides OU and Georgia which again is tough, but usually SEC has multiple stretch games. A&M might have more difficult teams but we do get those at home which does help a lot.
You have this all messed up. TCU has been a tougher place to play than South Carolina not b/c of their environment but b/c of the team they have fielded the last 15 years. It's not even close. You can play sandstorm all you want, but their jimmy's and joe's just haven't been that good. To say playing there is a tougher game than TCU over the last 15 years just isn't living in reality.

Arkansas at Fayetnam and Arkansas at Jerry world is a little different too.

I don't think ATM has more difficult teams. Mizzou/LSU/Auburn is very little different than Georgia/OU/Kentucky.

Add in the OOC and Texas has the clear advantage there although they are all very beatable teams as well. But McNeese, Bowling Green, and NM State might the biggest joke of an ooc schedule there is in the whole country.

The main point is, for all the talk about Texas getting this favorable schedule in the SEC, atm doesn't have anything to write home about with theirs. I'm not 100% convinced it's even much harder than Texas' schedule. The one thing that might put them over the top by a slight margin is the fact they play Texas.

Reactions: 2300 Nueces
TCU played in the National Championship game 2 years ago and aggy has not sniffed the playoff. The last time aggy was relevant, Hitler was moving on the Sudatenland. I'll assure you that their 'game day' environment is not trash when Texas comes to play. I'll also assure you that from 2011 to the present, if TCU plays aggy, TCU would be over .500 and possibly above .750. Gary Patterson is one hell of a coach... They should have played for a Championship back when TCU and Baylor were really good. Aggy is arrogant... can't wait to get this going.

100 percent against. I still don’t think that is happening. I know there are going to be a lot of dominos that fall when ACC Florida St, Miami and Clemson get in the move. In a few years there aren’t going to be conferences anyway. It will look like the NFL.
How did you guys manage to avoid GA and AL in the same

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT