ADVERTISEMENT

Seriously... What are the Cowboys doing in the draft?

Hookem24jt

Sep 10, 2013
I've stated my disappointment with the Zeke pick, but I can get on board with it if you're going to tell me it's to extend the Romo window I guess. However, with your 2nd round pick you take a guy who won't play until 2017 at the very least, and by all accounts a guy you could have picked up in draft much later. With their 3rd round pick they take an undersized 3 Tech who didn't have great numbers at Nebraska with Billings and Bullard available.. 2 guys who may start right away on their d line (Billings is the 1 Tech they desperately need). At a loss here

Reactions: diadevic
Dallas usually tries to outsmart others with their picks and usually wrong.All the picks so far ranked lower than where Dallas picked them including Elliott.The only one that could really draft for them was Jimmy Johnson and he has long left the building.If Jerry was a real GM with an owner then he would have been fired years ago. I could vent more but will drop it.

Last edited:
Zeke will help Romo. Behind that line, anything under 1200 yards should be a disappointment.

Reactions: RoboCocks21
Raiders trade up to #100 to take Connor Cook.. Supposedly he was the guy Dallas was targeting at pick 101... Thank you Oakland!!

Reactions: Cotton #12
McFadden went for 1100 without romo and dez. Running back at #4 is a waste.
We don't know these things in advance, but ... Derek Henry was available at their pick in the 2nd round. Could've had anyone plus Derek Henry, and end up with Zeke and an empty locker (at least for 2016). So much for going all in for 2016.

McFadden is made of glass bro. The next time he's tackled could very well be his last.

Then go RB later or pick up a body off the scrap heap don't waste a #4 pick. Running game is not a weak link for Dallas

Then go RB later or pick up a body off the scrap heap don't waste a #4 pick. Running game is not a weak link for Dallas

McFadden won't be around much longer and the cowboys picked up Morris from the skins the boys don't have a running back so yes we needed a rb and elliot will be eating alot with that o line.

Reactions: jsto60
Dallas gets Tapper. I hate Dallas' fascination with ou players.

Fu**ing Jones's. Ridgeway was available and they took Tapper. Good for the Colts. They got a good player and value for a 4th round pick.

Last edited:
Dallas gets Tapper. I hate Dallas' fascination with ou players.
Switzer still has Jones ear on players from OU.I think Jones from Arkansas and playing for the Razorbacks still has some resentment against UT players. I mean your back-up QB's suck and you will not even give Vince a try-out.

Last edited:
Reactions: westx
It has been done before,Cornell Green comes to mind,Pete Gent I think is another but in a different era.He will have a major learning curve with 4 TE ahead of him and did not play the position in college so really is a long shot.How do you pick someone you have no film on ahead of other players but Jerry must have liked the idea.

Cowboys also just drafted a basketball player. Can't compare to Antonio Gates....

I don't think many can make sense of the draft, but I tried to see it from their point of view.

They may have scooped Zeke, because they believe he is going to have a bigger impact on offense, than Ramsey would have on the defense. Yes, I know that McFadden played very well. But Scandrick returns, Mo was actually decent last year, and Carr appeased them by taking a pay cut...maybe they believe they are just fine at CB, for now.

With the second pick, they took a chance Jaylon, and I have no issue with that. They wanted Paxton, but it didn't happen.

I saw people complaining about the third pick, but Marinelli wanted Collins...he said Collins was a perfect fit for Dallas. It had nothing to do with Jerry. Same with Tapper at #4...Marinelli said he likes speed on the edge, and he wanted Tapper. I see no issue with passing up on Ridgeway, because they selected a DT in the 3rd round, and weren't looking for another one.

I like the Dak Prescott pick.

Last edited:
McFadden went for 1100 without romo and dez. Running back at #4 is a waste.

This is it! ANY running back of any quality behind this line with a healthy Romo and Dez goes off! Two many good backs not not a lot of miles on them! Jerry Jones has turned the best pro franchise in America into a joke.

This is it! ANY running back of any quality behind this line with a healthy Romo and Dez goes off! Two many good backs not not a lot of miles on them! Jerry Jones has turned the best pro franchise in America into a joke.
Dallas' running backs have seemed a little delicate or injury prone. If it was a mistake to get Zeke this early, then it wasn't a huge mistake. I like this pick. I hate the Tapper pick.

You can pretty much book it that the Cowboys are going to spend a 1st or 2nd round pick on a player with character baggage or injury issues (Sean Lee, Bruce Carter, Randy Gregory come to mind recently). This draft has Jerry's fingerprints all over it. The last 2-3 graded out better.

If Zeke turns out to be Peterson-like it will be OK.

The Cowboys really wanted Paxton Lynch. They probably would have been wise to make the necessary move to get in position to take him considering the appeared to have crapped the bed with their 2-4 rd pcks.

Cowboys have no idea of the concept of value. They could have traded down and still got EE. They could have traded back several times and picked up tons of picks and still got a Derek Henry. I don't think the cowboys got a single guy that they couldn't have gotten later in the draft.

I don't know wasatch. EE has talent. I think everyone's going to be pleasantly surprised. Maybe I'm wrong....

Cowboys have no idea of the concept of value. They could have traded down and still got EE. They could have traded back several times and picked up tons of picks and still got a Derek Henry. I don't think the cowboys got a single guy that they couldn't have gotten later in the draft.
I agree with Clob. Also, I don't know why, but, I don't like Henry's style. He gets yardage, he won the Heisman, but, so have many other bama runners that haven't separated themselves in the pros.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT