ADVERTISEMENT

Shaka is out

I had heard (maybe on this board) that he was going to take another job and save face instead of getting fired. One thing that has bothered me that he spoke a lot about "giving energy" when he got to Texas, but it is opposite with him. I think he is just broken or depressed for not being able to turn it around because I never see him smile, confident, upbeat or "giver of energy". Every time Craig Way interviews him, I pretty much fall asleep.

Rick pitino needs a job. Ya he's got some stank on him but, at this point, does it matter?

Most all basketball coaches have some stank on them........I'm just wanting anyone other than Shaka!!! And I was one celebrating his hire. I can't stand to watch us play mens basketball.

Reactions: texas sixty nine
Rick pitino needs a job. Ya he's got some stank on him but, at this point, does it matter?

lol nooooooooooo

texas ain't hte kind of program that can survive those punishments.

they'll probably go with someone like turgeon.

i bet shaka gets one more year. he sucks, but the has three things going for him:
  1. fanbase truly apathetic
  2. monumental buyout
  3. no big/hot coaches out there willing to sign on

lol nooooooooooo

texas ain't hte kind of program that can survive those punishments.

they'll probably go with someone like turgeon.

i bet shaka gets one more year. he sucks, but the has three things going for him:
  1. fanbase truly apathetic
  2. monumental buyout
  3. no big/hot coaches out there willing to sign on

If Texas keeps him then they might as well close the basketball program down because your basically giving up anyway.

If Texas keeps him then they might as well close the basketball program down because your basically giving up anyway.

there's a difference between giving up and waiting for a better situation. the program isn't dead, it's dormant.

who is the coach that you would go after?

there's a difference between giving up and waiting for a better situation. the program isn't dead, it's dormant.

Hard to be dormant when our mens basketball program has never been much more than mediocre.

It's gonna be a massive undertaking to transform from "happy to make the dance" to consistantly competing beyond the opening round.

I was also pretty hyped when Smart was picked. Sadly we sank even lower while our ex-hc excelled elsewhere. Maybe we can allow a little "stank" to at least get in the mix of things.

Is Abe still alive?...LOL We gotta face it that Texas is not gonna be a Georgetown or Carolina type team

No idea, not my job. I bet there is someone better than Shaka out there though.

Is Abe still alive?...LOL We gotta face it that Texas is not gonna be a Georgetown or Carolina type team

but we can be florida. or ohio state. those are still football factories but they do very well in basketball. i'm not sure the right guy couldn't get the moody center or whatever it's going to be called hopping-- maybe not. but i've been to fec when there was a big game-- kansas, oklahoma, north carolina, baylor-- and our fanbase is capable of being excited for basketball. we may never pack the place when a&m corpus is playing, but nobody but duke, kentucky and louisville will either. but put a good product out there, and people will care. they did throughout most of barnes' tenure. but LSU is a name program and that place was half empty saturday. shaka did that.

problem is, last year was the time to strike. before beard's extension, musselman, hoiberg, buzz, etc., were available. now? i mean, gregg marshall is still out there i guess. there's hope billy donovan wants to get back to kissing 17 year old's butts. what else? dana altman? you can't even begin to think about money whipping mark few while paying shaka 10 mil to go away.

Hard to be dormant when our mens basketball program has never been much more than mediocre.

It's gonna be a massive undertaking to transform from "happy to make the dance" to consistantly competing beyond the opening round.

I was also pretty hyped when Smart was picked. Sadly we sank even lower while our ex-hc excelled elsewhere. Maybe we can allow a little "stank" to at least get in the mix of things.

What? Barnes had a Final Four and another Elite Eight. He made the tournament almost every year. We are NOT Kansas. We are not a blue blood. Our goal is to be a Tier 2 program that breaks into Tier 1 status ever 3-5 years.

People get spoiled.

What Texas needs is a Texas Ex that is a great basketball coach, but where can we find one of them. Someone that would love to turn this program around and become a legend. But where can we find one of those?

What? Barnes had a Final Four and another Elite Eight. He made the tournament almost every year. We are NOT Kansas. We are not a blue blood. Our goal is to be a Tier 2 program that breaks into Tier 1 status ever 3-5 years.

People get spoiled.
Yeah, KSt was 1 win from playing for the cfb mnc back in 98 or 99. Point is, a University like UT should be a contender most of the time, not once every other decade. Low expectations.

Reactions: StrangerHorn
We just got to give CDC a blank check and let him hunt for a BB coach thats proven! No more Jr college coaches like Shaka...and to think of all the BS he layed on us when he first came to Texas, seems like all we doing is making Millionaires outa these guys...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT