ADVERTISEMENT

Shane- not one series

I'm going to defend Shane. He almost got killed in the TCU game. How many times did he get sacked? How many times did he got knocked down? The answer to both questions is a lot. And Derek Kerstetter should have been charged because his man go to Shane all night. At the end of the game he was noticeably limping can you blame him I can't. What worries me is did that game break him? I hope not. They say DK had improved which isn't saying a lot because he can't be any worse.

Reactions: westx
Shane is a china doll in the pocket. He crumples as soon as the pocket collapses.
Umm yeah....when and where have you seen us maintain a pocket in the last 4 years?

Seriously though, unless he has a gentleman's agreement to preserve eligibility he needs game reps too. We havent seen him this year and it is possible he has progressed a bit, and possibly not. Whoever's №2 needs to be involved more so It's not another major dropoff when №1 gets dinged up.

This year the OL is protecting the QB better than in recent years. Given that most of our top skill talent is in the WR corps, the better passer should be playing. Maybe he is?

Reactions: westx
unless we forget.

Football rule #1 the most popular position in fb is backup qb.

Football rule #2 see fb rule #1

We haven't had a situation where you would have been able to put in a back up for anything other than handing the ball off. Our o-line still has issues, Sam gives us the best chance to win because he is actually a threat to run the ball and he can escape the pressure for a minimal gain in some cases. They are giving him more opportunities to change the play at the line and it appears they opened up the playbook a little more this year. If he goes down our offense won't be as good and its not because Shane didn't get game reps its because Shane can't threaten the defense with his legs.

We haven't had a situation where you would have been able to put in a back up for anything other than handing the ball off. Our o-line still has issues, Sam gives us the best chance to win because he is actually a threat to run the ball and he can escape the pressure for a minimal gain in some cases. They are giving him more opportunities to change the play at the line and it appears they opened up the playbook a little more this year. If he goes down our offense won't be as good and its not because Shane didn't get game reps its because Shane can't threaten the defense with his legs.
So because the backup isn't as good as the starter he shouldn't get game reps? That's pretty flawed considering the entire team turns over every 4-5 yrs.
I'm not arguing against Sam being the guy but I am against every backup getting play time except the qb, however meaningless.

Let's give Sam some credit and assume he isn't so mentally fragile that he can't handle being rewarded for a job well done.

So because the backup isn't as good as the starter he shouldn't get game reps? That's pretty flawed considering the entire team turns over every 4-5 yrs.
I'm not arguing against Sam being the guy but I am against every backup getting play time except the qb, however meaningless.

Let's give Sam some credit and assume he isn't so mentally fragile that he can't handle being rewarded for a job well done.

I am pretty sure Shane can hand off the football. Maybe we should have brought in one of the freshman to see if they could hand off the football.

Shane doesn't need game reps like a normal backup. He actually has more game experience than Sam. It's obvious they want to preserve his redshirt if possible. If Sam goes down then Shane has four games before he loses his redshirt. They aren't going to jeopardize that for him to take some meaningless snaps. If they wanted to give someone those snaps then they should give them to Rising, but then people would try to read too much into that, and start a narrative of how unhappy Shane is or something like that. Which is drama we don't need.

Shane doesn't need game reps like a normal backup. He actually has more game experience than Sam. It's obvious they want to preserve his redshirt if possible. If Sam goes down then Shane has four games before he loses his redshirt. They aren't going to jeopardize that for him to take some meaningless snaps. If they wanted to give someone those snaps then they should give them to Rising, but then people would try to read too much into that, and start a narrative of how unhappy Shane is or something like that. Which is drama we don't need.
Of course, reading too much into things and stirring rumors is what we do best around here.

Reactions: FlourBluffHorn
I am pretty sure Shane can hand off the football. Maybe we should have brought in one of the freshman to see if they could hand off the football.
Well, that would be up to the coaches. We haven't exactly been accused of running up the score in a long while so I'd let em sling it around.

Well, that would be up to the coaches. We haven't exactly been accused of running up the score in a long while so I'd let em sling it around.

Reactions: 4MNChampsHorn
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT