ADVERTISEMENT

Should Texas & Arkansas schedule an OOC series ?

12375CAT

Feb 15, 2012
KU_zpstp4lvjug.png

Last edited:
Yeah, there's still a Texas @ Arkansas game on the slate that was supposed to originally be played in 2009 but Arkansas asked to delay it due to some of their own scheduling changes. It was then supposed to be played in 2014 before that game had to be replaced with the neutral-site game vs UCLA because Arkansas again asked for the game to be delayed. (I forget if there was another year it was supposed to happen that it was delayed from in between 2009 and 2014).

The game is currently scheduled to happen in 2021 (and I feel like I read somewhere that Arkansas feels certain that they'll be ok to play it finally at that point).

I'm not against scheduling them for more series, but I feel like the regular delays of this particular game mean that it isn't terribly pressing for Arkansas and I can come up with other teams that I'd like to see us play as well, so... meh. Let's finally play this game and then we can talk about it.

Whatever the answer, I just hope we stick with the scheduling format that we've been using recently:
-1 marquee home/home series (UCLA, Notre Dame, USC, LSU, Ohio State, Michigan)
-1 "other" power-5 level opponent (BYU, Cal, Maryland)
-1 non-power-5, FBS team (UNT, Rice, UTEP, UCF, Tulsa, USF)

It's tough to complain too much about schedules like that regardless of who the teams actually are. Would love to see Florida State added to the first category, Hard to believe they've never played Texas...

Reactions: LonghornSoldier
No, their fans are ass holes and they don't offer anything but of substance. If Texas wins no big deal, it's Arkansas, if we lose it becomes a part of sec bullshit

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT