ADVERTISEMENT

So how far down the list do the Aggies have to go to get a coach ?

LSU: Defensive coordinator Dave Aranda is remaining with the Tigers, “spurning Texas A&M again” tweets Ross Dellenger of The Advocate. We have been told the same. Update> Billy Liucci is now “confirming reports out of Baton Rouge and Ross Dellenger” that Aranda has decided to remain in Baton Rouge. From the A&M side, Liucci adds he hears Aranda is expected to get a 4 year, $2.5 million per, fully guaranteed deal from LSU now (to be defensive coordinator, felt we needed to clarify that). ESPN is now confirming the 4 year, $2.5 million fully guaranteed deal.

Wellllllll.......dave grohl. I'd like to get your expert aggy opinion on this swing and miss at this "big time" DC coordinator......i mean seriously if you are offering 3plus million a year guaranteed and you turn it down for half a million less a year.......does that mean it really wasnt a commitable offer or has aggy decided to go after an NFL defensive coordinator instead? I mean.....because we all know how much coaching at aTm is soooo desirable with all those top notch facilities, money, and prestige of winning that 1930's ncaa championship and all.

Reactions: oldhorn2
I'm sure the fact that Jimbo has the reputation of being an asshole and difficult to work for didn't play any part in Aranda's decision...
Why would it? He got complete control of the defense at LSU and is basically HC should anything go bad with O so he stayed.

Why would it? He got complete control of the defense at LSU and is basically HC should anything go bad with O so he stayed.

Should anything go bad? I think the saying actually goes nothing is certain but death, taxes, and coach O's incompetence as a HC.

Reactions: TexExSpur
I'm sure the fact that Jimbo has the reputation of being an asshole and difficult to work for didn't play any part in Aranda's decision...
I thought Jimbo Baggins was the greatest HC out there and a huge hire? Maybe Aranda has been to that dirtwater College Station and maybe he's seen what a tire fire the aggy football program is.

Poor aggy. Thanks for Ossai btw. Tough 1-2 punch last night.

aggy DC Search Update:

1. Venables - no thanks
2. Grinch - Ohio State says not so fast
3. Bud Foster - nope
4. Elko - negative ghost rider. Chip Kelly can’t believe how much they offered. Still said no
5. Aranda - hell neaux
6. Aranda Pt. 2 : The Electric Aggyloo - Publicly Embarrassing Hell To The Neaux
7. ?????????

Reactions: LonghornMM
Texags wanting Orlando. .....=)roll

Butt farmer has always been at their best when they hire from within the cult, "RC" type guys. The Jimbo hire is the equivalent of jerry jones bringing in free agents and expecting the playoffs.

Last edited:
Their first strike out was actually Pruitt.
Ha. Joke's on you. The guy they eventually hire will have always been their #1 primary choice. They don't do #2 over there. All of the others weren't serious committable offers.

Reactions: diadevic

I don't disagree with that at all. I would also think Jimbo's reputation played a small part.

Badger DC Jim Leonhard is the next target according to Wisky247.

edit: just read where his current salary at Wisconsin is only $600K so I'm sure aggy will only offer $2.6M for him.

Last edited:
Never go full aggy:

Mike Vrabel

Nfl coaching carousel discussion on espn last night suggested he may be looking to leave. Can we get him?

He's getting looked at for a head coaching job from the Detroit Lions and the Indianapolis Colts.

Our DC job is arguably better than those jobs.

Badger DC Jim Leonhard is the next target according to Wisky247.

edit: just read where his current salary at Wisconsin is only $600K so I'm sure aggy will only offer $2.6M for him.

Wisconsin historically doesn't spend top dollar for coaches, so their coaching staff can typically be had.

Wisconsin historically doesn't spend top dollar for coaches, so their coaching staff can typically be had.
The product typically remains the same, it's like that program runs itself. Arnada coached there a couple years ago, he leaves and they still produce back to back top 2 defenses.

The product typically remains the same, it's like that program runs itself. Arnada coached there a couple years ago, he leaves and they still produce back to back top 2 defenses.

I agree. I've never really put much thought into why, they must have a strong pipeline to some quality recruits, and their AD doesn't seemed to get phased by making a splashes with coaching choices.

So aggy inked Elko away from ND. $1.8M/3 years. Not bad. He was pretty good at Wake.

I would say this hurts UT with Ossai since he had ND in his top 3.

Reactions: Dave Grohl
It is really gnawing at them that they can't win anything and are throwing money around like a drunken sailor, boy that inferiority complex is sure costing them money. Think about it, if this attempt fails and it will, they are screwed to the ball for the next ten years.

Reactions: LonghornMM
Wellllllll.......dave grohl. I'd like to get your expert aggy opinion on this swing and miss at this "big time" DC coordinator......i mean seriously if you are offering 3plus million a year guaranteed and you turn it down for half a million less a year.......does that mean it really wasnt a commitable offer or has aggy decided to go after an NFL defensive coordinator instead? I mean.....because we all know how much coaching at aTm is soooo desirable with all those top notch facilities, money, and prestige of winning that 1930's ncaa championship and all.
Aggies actually doubled back and got the coach that had the first offer from them and got him 12 hours after Aranda said no... in the mean time, forced their rival into a situation that will be untenable for the HC. Jimbo’s playing chess and everyone else is playing checkers... btw, Texas continues feel like they have to pay a little more for their coaches than A&M pays theirs. Did it with Chollie (that was smart), now just did it with Orlando? Weird. When does Vodka Tom get his $7.55M? You know it’s coming? And why haven’t you figured out how to get 3,000 more seats into DKR?

Guess the Aggies are the Joneses?

Aggies actually doubled back and got the coach that had the first offer from them and got him 12 hours after Aranda said no... in the mean time, forced their rival into a situation that will be untenable for the HC. Jimbo’s playing chess and everyone else is playing checkers... btw, Texas continues feel like they have to pay a little more for their coaches than A&M pays theirs. Did it with Chollie (that was smart), now just did it with Orlando? Weird. When does Vodka Tom get his $7.55M? You know it’s coming? And why haven’t you figured out how to get 3,000 more seats into DKR?

=)roll

Joneses? You guys aren't even in the conversation about being Joneses. aggy is nothing more than an underachieving, wanna be program. :rolleyes:

Reactions: Scholz
Haha I hate his screen name only because I think Dave Grohl is a great artist it's a shame he is desecrating his name.....

Anyway possible we can get the real Dave Grohl to sue this quack for slander or whatever

Say Dave....just for the sake of argument....suppose we did pay more right down the line for coaches than aTm....the difference would be that we could afford it where as yall are strapped to the gills

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT