ADVERTISEMENT

So how far down the list do the Aggies have to go to get a coach ?

madcow12

Jan 13, 2010
So who do they end up with ? 8th - 9th choice ? What coach will be left ???

The other coaching vacancies in the $EC is going to really hurt aggy. They'll be the last choice for coaches who are considering an $EC job.
The last I heard they were going to throw a ton of money at Jimbo Fisher, if that falls though, not sure who is left.

Depends on how far down Chad Morris is on their list. If their smart he’s at worst 2 so not very far.

It should matter to all horn fans. A hot coach name takes momentum for recruiting. It looks like right now that Sumlin is going to ASU. Frost may end up at Nebraska. Mullen may end up at FLA. Which opens Miss State. The only homerun hire would be Fisher...after that, there is nobody for atm.

Texas A&M football needs to land Jimbo Fisher this offseason or else the program could be in trouble in the immediate future.
Winning consistently in the SEC is not an easy task, just ask Kevin Sumlin. He was hired in 2012 after a successful tenure at Houston and posted an 11-2 record in his first season with the Aggies.

However, winning 11 games in the first year with Texas A&M was his downfall. He set the bar so incredibly high in year one that he was never able to consistently live up to expectations placed on the program before each subsequent season.

https://saturdayblitz.com/2017/11/26/texas-am-football-aggies-need-jimbo-fisher/

So here is what we know thus far:

Kelley ---- ucla
Mullen----- florida
Shiano----- tennessee
Frost -----will end up in nebraska, book it
Sumlin has not been fired yet
Jimbo fisher will not be going to colly station
Arky?????
Now miss st is open...... who takes that? Miles?
Arizona state----- I'm thinking they hire Sumlin

So here is what we know thus far:

Kelley ---- ucla
Mullen----- florida
Shiano----- tennessee
Frost -----will end up in nebraska, book it
Sumlin has not been fired yet
Jimbo fisher will not be going to colly station
Arky?????
Now miss st is open...... who takes that? Miles?
Arizona state----- I'm thinking they hire Sumlin

Other openings:
Georgia Southern Tyson Summers out, Chad Lunsford (interim)
Ole Miss Hugh Freeze Matt Luke (interim)
Oregon State Gary Andersen Cory Hall (interim)
South Alabama Joey Jones
UTEP Sean Kugler Mike Price (interim)

Only Ole Miss could interfere with Texas A&M from that list I added, but if a coach cares about location, you never know. That's the reason Chip Kelly chose UCLA over Florida, I suspect.

Other openings:
Georgia Southern Tyson Summers out, Chad Lunsford (interim)
Ole Miss Hugh Freeze Matt Luke (interim)
Oregon State Gary Andersen Cory Hall (interim)
South Alabama Joey Jones
UTEP Sean Kugler Mike Price (interim)

Only Ole Miss could interfere with Texas A&M from that list I added, but if a coach cares about location, you never know. That's the reason Chip Kelly chose UCLA over Florida, I suspect.

If there is a choice between East and West SEC then hell yea, take FLA. Who wants to play Bama every year ? atm is a bottom feeder, even with jimbo.

Lots of national writers/broadcasters are tweeting Jimbo to A&M. Looks like it could happen.

5 years at 7.5 M per year.

Major coup for A&M if it goes down.

Great hire by Flordia as well.

Schiano could do very well at Tenn

I honestly dont think coaches are worried about Bama and Saban as much as they might of been 5-6 years ago. Saban is 66. I don’t see him being Bill Snyder. I think a couple years and he will take a TV job or something.

I honestly dont think coaches are worried about Bama and Saban as much as they might of been 5-6 years ago. Saban is 66. I don’t see him being Bill Snyder. I think a couple years and he will take a TV job or something.
oh i dont think so, i think hes going to coach until he cant dont it anymore. think Joe paterno

oh i dont think so, i think hes going to coach until he cant dont it anymore. think Joe paterno
Nah. Saban is to much of a perfectionist for that. I can’t see Saban just going though the motions and letting the program slip. Just like Bellichek. Brady’s last game in the nfl will be Bill’s last as a HC. In my opinion.

Not so fast on Schiano....the Tenn fans are PISSSSSED...

Not so fast on Schiano....the Tenn fans are PISSSSSED...

Well yeah most Tenn fans actually thought they were getting Gruden. So Schiano would be a major disappointment.

I may of missed something because honestly I didn’t follow the story super close. Other than the fact that he was a DB coach at Penn State has there been anything to suggest he knew what Sandusky was doing? If not that is just an ignorant sign

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT