ADVERTISEMENT

So Shane gets 1st reps

Lets not forget the horrible showing this Shane led offense had against Maryland.

????? horrible showing???? 340 yds plus passing with no ground game?...wow! You and I have different ideas about horrible.

The whole team had a horrible showing, starting with the defense but to blame Shane is a little harsh in my opinion.

????? horrible showing???? 340 yds plus passing with no ground game?...wow! You and I have different ideas about horrible.

The whole team had a horrible showing, starting with the defense but to blame Shane is a little harsh in my opinion.

I am not blaming Shane, but he led an offense that wasn't very good. Multiple interceptable balls. Very little production when the game was on the line. No accuracy on throws beyond 10 yards. Lots of avoidable negative plays.

The context of my statement is that Shane would have beat USC. Nothing that Shane did against Maryland would leave me to believe that if all things were the same he would have beat USC.

He wouldn't have had any run support against USC either.

Last edited:
Our offense was responsible for 14 points against Maryland when the game was in doubt. We got a garbage TD and Shane got some garbage yards when Maryland was already headed to the locker room. Shane had a bad game. There were players on the offense who had worse for sure. Don't look at 340 yards and try to paint that as a good game. This isn't 1995 where a 300 yard game is some kind of performance.

I am not blaming Shane, but he led an offense that wasn't very good. Multiple interceptable balls. Very little production when the game was on the line. No accuracy on throws beyond 10 yards. Lots of avoidable negative plays.

The context of my statement is that Shane would have beat USC. Nothing that Shane did against Maryland would leave me to believe that if all things were the same he would have beat USC.

He wouldn't have had any run support against USC either.
What we are saying is if Shane had the same exact amount of time that Ehlinger had he would have been more successful. I do believe Shane would have done much better. Maryland was putting more pressure than USC all game. Shane plays, Texas wins against USC. It is only an opinion.

Last edited:
Reactions: oldhorn2
Hell...it is all opinion. Some guys just take their opinion more seriously than they should.I count myself in that camp, no doubt. Hell...I even had to give Bell a like for saying so.

Reactions: swVAHorn
at times(the entire first 55 minutes of the USC game Sam played like he had two pairs of shoes on. he was super slow and mostly completely overwelmed. hes still needs time.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT