Some perspective after rewatching game…

tjklonghorn

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2010
Austin, TX
DKR was electric last night, that third quarter was fun as hell, glad I was there despite the bad loss.

I rewatched the game this morning, and it wasn’t all bad. In the first quarter, our defense played great and the offense was moving the ball decently but shot itself in the foot with a couple penalties and the Tre Wisner drop after the second INT. The second quarter we got whooped, Ewers looked lost, and we put our D in terrible spot after terrible spot. We completely lost the field position battle.

We owned the third quarter, battled and made it a game. Our D hung in their all game, but our offense stalled out again in the 4th quarter, and we couldn’t do enough on D to get them off the field on key third downs.

My biggest concern is Ewers. He’s off, whether he is still injured or just an inconsistent QB. Whether we make the playoffs or not will likely be on his play moving forward. 10-2 and we likely make it in, 9-3 (which is what I predicted pre-season) and we are out and the season is a disappointment.

Proud we fought back, loved the atmosphere at DKR, Hook ‘Em!

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.