ADVERTISEMENT

Some quotes from the gooner board regarding Fausi.....

scottwhite

Gold Member
Jan 11, 2007
"There is nothing new under the sun here; from everything I'm told, OU maintains the advantage and Fasusi has continued to say all the right things to the Oklahoma staff in advance of his commitment on the 21st. I could flip my FutureCast, or I could wax poetic about how Fasusi's best friend Sean Hutton (a PWO commit to Oklahoma) has played a crucial role in this process. But to do either of those things would be to get out over the skis, because the harsh reality is that an enormous amount of eleventh-hour money from Texas (or Texas A&M) could render everything else irrelevant. It just wouldn't make sense to report anything that might drive the confidence higher, because it could all be undermined when the bags hit the table. I would hope we have all been down this road one too many times to call OU's lead a secure one; I know I have. For now, yes... OU leads. I'm comfortable saying that much. But keep your seatbelt on." - Parker Thune (moderator)

" By all accounts he and his mom like OU more and we lead. He has been locked in pretty heavily with OU for over a year now. Never really been big on Texas. I feel he's just using them to up his price. Same thing Dominic Williams did."

"Every recruiting analyst expects OUs “lead” to evaporate in the final days leading up to the 21st. We’re just not gonna throw out a mil on a high school kid. I think Texas will and others obviously think the same. So what you’re really saying is that you expect Fasusi to come to OU for 300-500k less per season than Texas or A&M. That’s living in a dream world. I really hope I’m wrong and you’re right, but that’s not what my brain tells me right now."

"I thought Fasusi’s visit to Austin didn’t go well, and his mom especially didn’t care for Austin. I have a harder time seeing that overcome than a NIL package. Also, it was reported he’s already made his decision. If so, then that would mean last minute bags wouldn’t be the deciding factor."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News