ADVERTISEMENT

Some takeaways from the semi-final games...

EyesOfTX

NOJA
Gold Member
Sep 8, 2001
Clemson was the highest-performing team out of the four. That was my takeaway from yesterday's games. 'Bama lost intensity once they got up 28-0, and never recovered it.

Other takeaways:

- Notre Dame had no business being in the playoff, but then, what other team did? I guess maybe Georgia.
- One thing's for sure: This year's field puts to rest any argument that we need to expand the playoff to 8 teams for awhile. Why expand to 8 when you only had 2 who really belonged?
- Murray is a midget, but he is one hell of a college QB. I still think Tua's better, though.
- For all the hype about OU's offensive line, the main reason 'Bama ran out to a 28 point lead was its utter dominance of that OL in the first 18 minutes of the game.
- Is Jim Harbaugh the most overrated coaching hire in college football of the last decade?
- Alabama put 3 RBs on the field last night, and all of them are first-round-quality players. The third guy, #8, might be the most talented college RB since Zeke Elliott.
- Alabama's offensive play-calling on that last drive before the half was a work of art. Too bad they kept shooting themselves in the foot with penalties - not to mention that phantom "illegal formation" call that brought back the touchdown play.

In the end, though, once OU finally settled down, they gave Clemson's coaching staff tons of pointers into how to exploit the 'Bama defense.

The championship game should be epic.

Hook 'em!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News