ADVERTISEMENT

Staff Predictions: Texas Longhorns Vs. The Bye Week

TexasJiggerNaut

I wanna see that country, before the mods git it
Gold Member
Nov 2, 2011
Hays County, TX
Alex Dunlap (3-3). @Alex Dunlap

Even though the Bye Week Bi-Bikers have lost so many good offensive players to the NFL draft last season, they always seem to have Texas' number in the last decade. As many times as I have crunched ALL of the stats on this one, and even made up some new ones from scratch, I just can't see Texas being able to deep dig enough into their hearts, in order to pull this one out.

Bye Week 51 - Texas 31

Anwar Richardson (3-3). @Anwar Richardson

I keep hearing about the Bye Week being the opportunity for Texas to regroup, and get their acts back together. However, nobody mentions that the Bye Week's opponents have been Inclement SouthWeather State, Neutral State, and Tiebreaker Tech. Bye Week was defeated by Inclement Southweather State (31-3), Neutral State (23-0), and Tiebreaker Tech (52-49). It is hard to be impressed by this resume.

On the flip side, Bye Week never seems to make any difference whatsoever in Texas schedules of the recent past. And Bye Week averages 45.4 points per game against teams coming off of a scheduled game week. The Bi-Bikers won't need much luck in keeping up with, and having success against this Longhorn defense, especially in the second half.

Bye Week 45.4 - Texas 45.1

Geoff Ketchum (0-6). @Ketchum

1. Bye Week might be the best remaining chance that the Sarkisian has to remain the Longhorns head coach.
2. And the team is certain to play their hearts out in this game for him, more than any other week this season.
3. The Bye Week Bi-Bikers will put up a tough fight for the first half. They have such a DAMN good coach!
4. But after Miley Cyrus's mind-blowing half time show (since the UT Band is off), I am about 85% certain that the Longhorns will bounce back in epic form, in the second half, with an all time comeback that will be talked about for the ages.
6. Look for the student section to empty out onto the field at the end of this one, where me, Miley and Matthew will be waiting for them, at the south end zone goalpost. To yank that baby up, and finally fix it's alignment issue.
7. Since this is a Night non-game, I'm expecting DKR to be rocking and rolling on an epic scale.
8. Miley starts nuzzling with Matthew. I hit Matthew in the face, with all my former Nose Tackle might and force behind it.
9. Matthew just smiles back, puts his arm around Miley, and says "Alright, alright, alright" as they both walk away on their way to Pluckers.
10. Miley goes home with Matthew, instead of me.

Texas 31 - Bye Week 12

Jason Suchomel (6-0). @Suchomel

A contact I have that is very close to the Bye Week coaching staff tells me they feel like they can come into this matchup, and end up snatching away several key players away via the Transfer Portal. Not to mention at least 4 of Texas best 3 star recruits for next year, too.
The legendary moderation and censorship prowess of the Bye Week Rivals.com team page is a factor that simply can't be ignored, and is likely to even tip the scales for the Bikers in a close game.
The Bi-Bye boys are always good at making a non-game into a game, and keeping it competitive. And this time, I do think the Bi-Bikers have the horses to stay with, and then beat, a Texas team that always historically struggles with non-opponents. I'm expecting to be up until at least 4:00 am cleanup up, and banning violators, after the post-game meltdown on OB. See y'all in about 24 hours!

Bye Week 43 - Texas 23

Serenity Douglas (1-0) @Serenity Douglas

Wait, wut? Am I being allowed to pick games again?!?!?!

Texas 18 - Bye Week 11

Quarter (3-3). @QUARTER

Remember, I'm just an inanimate object with exactly 50/50 probability of choosing any outcome whatsoever. Even with that harsh reality stated for all to see, since I'm being forced again to make a prediction, I'm going BIG on the Bye Week Bikers pulling off the shocking Tie. And also after all of the available OT opportunities are exhausted, and keeping all you schmucks up until like 2:00 am watching this mess.

Bye Week 72 - Texas 72

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News