ADVERTISEMENT

Still in the aggys head..

hillcountryhorn63697005

Aug 28, 2013
Despite our record and not even on their schedule....someone tell the aggy kiddie corp whos flashing Horns down, that they are playing Auburn. 🤣🤘

Reactions: danhorn
Idiot Sooners fans do the same thing. Looks so stupid when you're not playing Texas.

BBA, careful what you say. aggy is the capitol for weirdness in college athletics, lol. No one is even a close second.

Idiot Sooners fans do the same thing. Looks so stupid when you're not playing Texas.

BBA, careful what you say. aggy is the capitol for weirdness in college athletics, lol. No one is even a close second.
There is some weirdness but most are very good people. As an Aggie there are things that are weird but it makes it very unique. One of the best atmospheres in all of college football.

Oh, it's "unique" alright if you understand bizzaro "traditions". Meanwhile everyone one else is scratching their heads, pointing and laughing at aggy.
Seems the recruits are not laughing. Too 3 possible number 1 class could be coming. Most people think it’s a pretty cool environment. Ill give it to you about strange at times. Sadly I’d give up the yell leaders and take cheerleaders any day.

Seems the recruits are not laughing. Too 3 possible number 1 class could be coming. Most people think it’s a pretty cool environment. Ill give it to you about strange at times. Sadly I’d give up the yell leaders and take cheerleaders any day.

Win something and then talk. a&m hasn't won anything of significance since they joined the SEC. I wouldn't be puffing my chest out. Yes, Texas is a mess, and I'm sure that aggy is reveling in our misfortune, but you guys aren't exactly a powerhouse. Tap the brakes. You have nothing to crow about.

Besides Georgia, there isn’t a powerhouse. A&M has already beaten number 2 and I would take my chances in anyone else right now. Our defense is really good right now.

Besides Georgia, there isn’t a powerhouse. A&M has already beaten number 2 and I would take my chances in anyone else right now. Our defense is really good right now.

BBA, you're alright, but honestly no one on here cares about what a&m is doing right now. You guys are one or two losses away from wanting to fire Jimbo again. That could very well happen against Ole Miss and LSU.

BBA, you're alright, but honestly no one on here cares about what a&m is doing right now. You guys are one or two losses away from wanting to fire Jimbo again. That could very well happen against Ole Miss and LSU.
Agreed on Ole Miss and LSU. Calzada still scares me…every play. I just like what they are building with stacking players. We ha ent recruited like this…ever. I’ll disappear for the night. Have a good evening

Win something and then talk. a&m hasn't won anything of significance since they joined the SEC. I wouldn't be puffing my chest out. Yes, Texas is a mess, and I'm sure that aggy is reveling in our misfortune, but you guys aren't exactly a powerhouse. Tap the brakes. You have nothing to crow about.
We've had many more years to brag and be proud of our winnings. Let a&m enjoy their moment of glory. They're playing good right now.🤘

Reactions: CaptainZigZag
Well...the OP was apparently tuning in...

Why don't you guys actually win something of significance first before you crow? a&m has done absolutely nothing since joining the SEC. aggy hasn't come close to sniffing a conference championship, yet to hear aggys talk, you would think that they're some nationally relevant program. What, are you guys going to put up another fake "championship" on your stadium wall after beating Alabama this year? Sheesh. :rolleyes:

Just a few weeks ago after losing to Miss State, a&m fans were questioning the contract extension that Jimbo got and wanting to run him out of town.

I was just pointing out
Despite our record and not even on their schedule....someone tell the aggy kiddie corp whos flashing Horns down, that they are playing Auburn. 🤣🤘
Lot's of Ags agree that it's overdone, me included. But consider this...none of the students you see doing it have any sense of a rivalry with you...so where does it come from?

It comes from the widely acknowledged fact your fans are bothered and offended by it...publically...so much so the B12 now penalizes opposing teams for flashing the horns down? How absurd. Frankly that's hilarious and delicious to those outside the 40 acres...it's a testament to how thin skin can be. I'm sure you've noticed it isn't an Aggie exclusive, it's commonly done in many venues.

Want it to stop? Be indifferent to it, stop entertaining those doing it. Dead serious.

“B12 now penalizes opposing teams for flashing the horns down?”
There’s some truth to this but not really. If an opposing player taunts a Texas player with the horns down it’s unsportsmanlike. Other than that you can go throw the horns down on your sideline to the crowd in your restroom and while your singing hallbaloo chachacha.

I have yet to see an opposing team get a flag for it this year and we’ve been beat a few times so. If I missed one forgive me.

“Lot's of Ags agree that it's overdone, me included. But consider this...none of the students you see doing it have any sense of a rivalry with you...so where does it come from?”

They may not have been around games but their family has. Most Aggies I know have family that are also Aggies. It has nothing to do with knowing about the penalty. It’s a culture within Aggieland to hate Texas. It’s in the song when you are swaying back and forth! They’re stickers on back of trucks with horns sawed off. Again it’s built into the culture.

If aggie wants to stop being made fun of here’s a list.
1.Stop making shirts after you beat Alabama or LSU.
2. Stop running on to the field when you beat Alabama or LSU.
3. Stop throwing the horns down when you haven’t played Texas since you were in the B12 and lost to us.

Last edited:
Aggies in general don't gaf about being made fun of...that's more or less my point.

I started in 76', Aggie Jokes were rampant for generations. I'm in sales and I don't remember the last time a client told me an Aggie joke. The vast majority of us just laughed, personally the only thing I disliked was hearing tired old ones. I liked new ones and sincerely laughed.

As far as Horn Hate, yeah...old folks like me will always feel it. I worked on 4 bonfires and it was central to our athletic culture. It really isn't that way now. You don't come up in conversations much. The current horns down craze comes from elsewhere and isn't limited to Kyle.

The hate I refer to is on field sports hate, not real hate of course. You guys are alright outside of these forums lol. Sadly...I felt like I had to make that stipulation.

Aggies in general don't gaf about being made fun of...that's more or less my point.

I started in 76', Aggie Jokes were rampant for generations. I'm in sales and I don't remember the last time a client told me an Aggie joke. The vast majority of us just laughed, personally the only thing I disliked was hearing tired old ones. I liked new ones and sincerely laughed.

As far as Horn Hate, yeah...old folks like me will always feel it. I worked on 4 bonfires and it was central to our athletic culture. It really isn't that way now. You don't come up in conversations much. The current horns down craze comes from elsewhere and isn't limited to Kyle.

The hate I refer to is on field sports hate, not real hate of course. You guys are alright outside of these forums lol. Sadly...I felt like I had to make that stipulation.
My kid is an Aggie so I don’t hate them I just think they talk too much and some are super delusional. Fortunately my kid was raised ina Longhorn household so she’s not delusional but loves her school.

So, you don't like old aggy jokes? I still get a chuckle from them. Are those "101 aggy joke books" still published? Those were great. Aggy hatred for Texas....aggy humor for Texas...they're a main stay..
🤘

My kid is an Aggie so I don’t hate them I just think they talk too much and some are super delusional. Fortunately my kid was raised ina Longhorn household so she’s not delusional but loves her school.
My daughter went to TAMUCC. She said outside of students wearing Islander shirts, there were more students wearing Longhorn gear than a few wearing aggy.

So, you don't like old aggy jokes? I still get a chuckle from them. Are those "101 aggy joke books" still published? Those were great. Aggy hatred for Texas....aggy humor for Texas...they're a main stay..
🤘
If you heard the same one about a thousand times and feigned laughter just to be polite you would know where I'm coming from. It got to the point I loved hearing a new one because it almost never happened.

If aggie wants to stop being made fun of here’s a list.
1.Stop making shirts after you beat Alabama or LSU.
2. Stop running on to the field when you beat Alabama or LSU.
3. Stop throwing the horns down when you haven’t played Texas since you were in the B12 and lost to us.
Add:

Dead dog scoreboard
Fake conference and national titles on their stadium
Fake army - corps dorks. None of the armed services recognize a&m as a military institution
Yell leaders - no female cheerleaders
Hypocrisy - a&m fans running on the field, yet pulling swords and assaulting others who do so. aggy code of honor
Bizarre chants, hissing and whooping
Everything is a "tradition"
Obsession with Texas
No championships in football in eons

I'm sure others here can add to the list. aggy jokes write themselves. 😆

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT