ADVERTISEMENT

Tesla Owners: Know your emergency procedures...

fooboy311

sleep with itchy bum, wake up with stinky fingers
Gold Member
Nov 11, 2012
Rose Bowl, CA
This happened at my little one's preschool this morning. Nanny was driving another kid and punched the accelerator instead of the brake. Drove right through the wall and into the neighbor's pool. Teachers from the school jumped into the pool to rescue the nanny, grandma, and a child still strapped in. Crazy shit. It happened right after my wife dropped the lil' one off and she was walking back to the parking lot.

Anyways, I learned that Tesla windows automatically open if submerged past a certain point. Thats pretty cool and prolly saved their lives. But what if you are stuck in a powerless tesla...all of the doors are electronically controlled. Here is where I learned where the latches are for the Y (our model). Please let your family know if they don't already....

TLDR: There are latches in front of the open/close windows for the front seats and the rear seat one is hidden in the door storage compartment, UNDER THE TRIM. This placement is pretty f'n stupid to me... I'll prolly just kick the windows if there is a lot of smoke and an actual fire...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News