ADVERTISEMENT

TEXAS at TCU *** Game Thread ***

Let's talk about expectations:

Loss to Maryland sucked. No excuse for that loss.
Loss to USC could have gone either way.
Loss to Oklahoma and tcu, both teams that lost to an Iowa state team that we handled. Same can be said about Okie lite.

This team could be running around with one legit loss and one crap loss. Instead, we are a laughing stock.

TX is not a laughing stock. Far from it in fact.

TX appears to be, for the most part, playing fundamentally sound football (at least from my layman's perspective). It's just that (again this is my opinion), you have zero play-makers on offense.

Which is really, really unbelievable. Shocking in fact, because I bet 70% of the high school kids in TX want to go play for the Evil Empire when they graduate, and I don't see how you've missed on QBs so, so badly for so many years

Last edited:
Strong had three years to show improvement and couldn't do it. Herman inherited some veteran defensive players and some young offensive players. Not surprising which unit is better. Let's see what happens when the offensive players are veterans before overreacting. I do think he needs to make a change at OC and probably o line coach. Buechelle never has made a comeback, he doesn't have the aggressiveness. If Sam is good to go I think they should win or lose with him the rest of the year unless the coaches feel he will just get banged up more. Then might as well stick with Shane and save Sam for next year.

Reactions: 4MNChampsHorn
Uhhh...no..this team won't make a bowl. Might as well kept strong and saved some money. Herman year 1 is a bust but they have dam nice lockers.

I mentioned it being a "best case scenario" finishing at 6-6 which this team "should" accomplish. We'll be favored to beat Kansas and Tech after all.

I can see reading comprehension isn't a strong suit for you...Madcow12.

Obviously, anyone that agrees with keeping Strong doesn't have a clue. Sheesh !

Reactions: Pumpedup55
I mentioned it being a "best case scenario" finishing at 6-6 which this team "should" accomplish. We'll be favored to beat Kansas and Tech after all.

I can see reading comprehension isn't a strong suit for you...Madcow12.

Obviously, anyone that agrees with keeping Strong doesn't have a clue. Sheesh !
Obviously comprehension isn't a strong suit for you either. Keeping and might as well are 2 completely different words. You completely missed my point. Next time I will put it in crayon for you to understand.

I was at the game last night - on the sideline most of the time. My thoughts:

LOVE how Young hits a hole and fights. He needs more snaps, no question. And I say that fully acknowledging that there were no holes to hit. Still, gotta love 32.

Texas is just not going to get calls. It’s obvious, especially when you’re up close. PI no-calls were especially egregious, and were absolutely the difference on 3-4 key would-be 3rd down conversions.

Just like they’ve shown all year, Texas’ conditioning is really impressive - especially DL and LBs. We get held on every snap for 3 quarters, and yet there is still gas in the tank to create multiple sacks and TFLs in the 4th, when TCUs line couldn’t hold up anymore (pun intended). Also true to form, officials finally call a hold in the final 3:00 or so, far too late to make a difference. Texas teams in the past could and did overcome imbalanced officiating, but this one cannot in any way afford it.

Couldn’t hear myself think in that stadium - and not because of the crowd. I would love have heard the crowd, but couldn’t over the garbage hip hop sound bites and obnoxious announcer screaming through the PA. Really sh!tty and forced overall gameday atmosphere.

IMO, seeing it on the field, this game was way closer than 24-7. TCU had no answer on offense in the 2nd half, and pivotal calls killed Texas drives. As I saw it, Beck’s playcalling was pretty low on the spectrum of reasons we lost. Texas just has to get back to the level of being so far superior (on the lines especially), that poor officiating can’t help the other team.

Reactions: 4MNChampsHorn
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT