ADVERTISEMENT

TEXAS at TCU *** Game Thread ***

Why am I seeing our players playing giggles suck a$$ with tcu players after the game? You just got your butt handed to you and you want to go out on the field and play giggles suck a$$ with the enemy? We have no killers. We have no assassins. We have no no guys that hate losing more than they enjoy winning.

This disgusts me.
To me, this is part of the culture of kissing all your players heads, giving out orange slices, etc... “we want the kids to have fun.”

It the STRONGest possible way.
Not sure that’s true. Colin Johnson looked like he was going to be a stud last year. He’s taken a step back this year but bubble screens and that non sense really isn’t his game. Lil Jordon looks like a play maker to. I’m just not sure they are being positioned to succeed.

I expected 8-9 wins. Which was basically winning the games you should an$ pulling one upset. Not all that crazy. If we had any offense at all we’d be on track to do that and then some.

They have been a laughing stock the last three years. Why would you expect anything different this year? I don't think we would have more than 2 wins if Strong were still here. At the start of the year UT was projected to win 7-8 games, they are still on track to do that. If anything changed, too many people in here drank the kool-aid and expected a new coach to turn this mess around in one year. Now you have people wanting to fire him.

Reactions: GuaranteedFresh!
So.............

You dudes want to guess how many rushing yards we had tonight?

Can you guess without looking it up?

Fvck it! I'll tell you.

We had 9 fvcking yards rushing.

Let that sh!t sink in. 9 whole yards rushing.

That's not even a first down.

That's 27 feet. That Chris warren simply falling forward four times.

Yards

Rushing

Not sure that’s true. Colin Johnson looked like he was going to be a stud last year. He’s taken a step back this year but bubble screens and that non sense really isn’t his game. Lil Jordon looks like a play maker to. I’m just not sure they are being positioned to succeed.
I cannot accept the fact (and excuses) that we had a much better offense last year but we have a better, deeper stable of QBs, RBs, & WRs this year. We only need 5 healthy OLinemen on the field.

We have Kansas at home (win), @ West Virginia (loss), and Texas Tech at home (toss up). We will finish 6-6 or 5-7.

Defense and we won't be 5-7 at years end and we aren't getting blown out. For starters. TH actually has a vision. CS just can't run a big organization which is what Texas is.
Defense began to improve when Strong took it over last year. Orlando has taken it to the next level for sure. I’d say it would of continued to improve if zstrong was here and he continued to run it.

As far as not going 5-7... I wouldn’t bet on that if I were you. Even if we do go 6-6 I’m not sure a 1 game improvement is what we’re looking for.

Defense began to improve when Strong took it over last year. Orlando has taken it to the next level for sure. I’d say it would of continued to improve if zstrong was here and he continued to run it.

As far as not going 5-7... I wouldn’t bet on that if I were you. Even if we do go 6-6 I’m not sure a 1 game improvement is what we’re looking for.
You just asked for better, not helluva lot better:
Hellavu lot better: Defense, No blowouts, special teams, vision, setting up an organization
Just better: record 7-5 vs 5-7

Reactions: 4MNChampsHorn
I missed the explanation of the baseball bat? I saw it after the game was over. I was on the phone at the time.

You just asked for better, not helluva lot better:
Hellavu lot better: Defense, No blowouts, special teams, vision, setting up an organization
Just better: record 7-5 vs 5-7
What exactly is Herman’s vision? I’m not doing this to bash Herman I’m seriously asking those that love him what is it your seeing. Because I’m not seeing it. I see a lot of the same kind of stuff.

So.............

You dudes want to guess how many rushing yards we had tonight?

Can you guess without looking it up?

Fvck it! I'll tell you.

We had 9 fvcking yards rushing.

Let that sh!t sink in. 9 whole yards rushing.

That's not even a first down.

That's 27 feet. That Chris warren simply falling forward four times.

Yards

Rushing
Well, yes it is bad. Very bad. Unacceptable. With that said, it includes sack yards. Never understood that. He is actually going back to PASS, but if tackled, it’s considered rushing.
I’m pretty sure Young had + yardage.
But you are right.

Why am I seeing our players playing giggles suck a$$ with tcu players after the game? You just got your butt handed to you and you want to go out on the field and play giggles suck a$$ with the enemy? We have no killers. We have no assassins. We have no no guys that hate losing more than they enjoy winning.

This disgusts me.

Couldn't agree more. Soft as shit. No killers.

What exactly is Herman’s vision? I’m not doing this to bash Herman I’m seriously asking those that love him what is it your seeing. Because I’m not seeing it. I see a lot of the same kind of stuff.
1: Culture. Strong's culture by even player's admissions was no focus (Alignment)
2: Strength: Herman's focus on strength and conditioning has much better results than Strong. Also, this has resulted in Texas being way more physical
3: He added many positions to the staff to get us out of the pre-historic era. This investment will pay out, just have to be patient.
4: He knows exactly what he wants. Strong just backed into hiring Sterlin. He had no strategy on offense for heaven's sake. He ran 3 offenses in 3 years.

I will probably think of more later, but, I am tired of typing.

1: Culture. Strong's culture by even player's admissions was no focus
2: Strength: Herman's focus on strength and conditioning has much better results than Strong. Also, this has resulted in Texas being way more physical
3: He added many positions to the staff to get us out of the pre-historic era. This investment will pay out, just have to be patient.
4: He knows exactly what he wants. Strong just backed into hiring Sterlin. He had no strategy on offense for heaven's sake. He ran 3 offenses in 3 years.

Herman’s vision is to make Texas football #1 in recruiting and on the field. He has already started with facility & staff renovations.

These are the dark days of Texas football long removed from the 10 win seasons we had been accustomed to as a fan.I feel the defense has improved but has had some busted plays in coverage.You should give Herman more time to recruit his type of players.
I think we are, as fans & alumni, giving him more time. We have Texas size & championship expectations. We are airing our grievances.

Reactions: Cotton #12
people keep telling me Herman is better than Strong.... I’ll ask agsin. How?
We actually know how to tackle. Our defense is very good. Under strong it was the worst in UT history. Herman figured out the coin toss. Herman hasn’t had 3 blocked kicks on one game returned for Points or any. Also, his teams keep fighting the whole game. The worst coach texas history, his teams rolled over a quit. Your bias and your ignorance is staggering.

1: Culture. Strong's culture by even player's admissions was no focus (Alignment)

I’m not sure I agree with all that but ok... Herman may know whst he wants on offense but his OC certainly doesn’t. And I seen sevreal plays tonight where we committed stupid penalties and didn’t know where we were lining up so the focus hasn’t change a whole lot imo.

Like I said he gets a pass this year weather he deserves it or not but gotta be better than 6-6 next year

We actually know how to tackle. Our defense is very good. Under strong it was the worst in UT history. Herman figured out the coin toss. Herman hasn’t had 3 blocked kicks on one game returned for Points or any. Also, his teams keep fighting the whole game. The worst coach texas history, his teams rolled over a quit. Your bias and your ignorance is staggering.
Yep he’s got the kicking thing down. Can’t get them blocked if you don’t kick them....lol

I’m not sure I agree with all that but ok... Herman may know whst he wants on offense but his OC certainly doesn’t. And I seen sevreal plays tonight where we committed stupid penalties and didn’t know where we were lining up so the focus hasn’t change a whole lot imo.

Like I said he gets a pass this year weather he deserves it or not but gotta be better than 6-6 next year
6-6 something strong never achieved here!

and we are 4-5.....sounds like he has a legit question. A loss is a loss.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT