ADVERTISEMENT

Texas Baseball

I don't recall how the offenses were at Tulane and SHSU under Pierce. This no offense thing goes way back to the Augie years.

You know 2018 was the last time we went to the College world series. That was with Pierce since he is in his 5th season. And 2014 was with Augie when we lost to Vandy in extra to go the championship.

You know 2018 was the last time we went to the College world series. That was with Pierce since he is in his 5th season. And 2014 was with Augie when we lost to Vandy in extra to go the championship.

Yes, Texas did make it to the CWS in recent years under Pierce and Garrido. If I recall, I think both times Texas went 0-2. No doubt that strong pitching is very important, but we need more balance. For whatever reason, the Horns struggle to consistently score runs. It is very frustrating.

Yes, Texas did make it to the CWS in recent years under Pierce and Garrido. If I recall, I think both times Texas went 0-2. No doubt that strong pitching is very important, but we need more balance. For whatever reason, the Horns struggle to consistently score runs. It is very frustrating.

In 2014 if I remember correctly were one out away for playing for a Natty. We had to beat Vandy twice to go to the ship. We ended up losing in extras 4-3 game 2 and Vandy went on to win the natty against Virginia.

The rule change to require bbcor bats has drastically and detrimentally impacted college hitting across the board. I believe these came into play the last couple years of Augie. I haven’t done all the homework to check exact years but I’m pretty sure this is when Augie’s team’s offensive output started to drop off. All those HRs or doubles off the walls became fly outs. Look at the HR output (or lack thereof) the year bbcor’s came into effect it is rediculous. So then they started screwing with the baseball and teams started moving in the fences which has helped but the power is largely gone unless you hit it on the acorn sized sweet spot of the soft bbcor design. College baseball is now all about looping drop or eye seeing singles. Most of the power guys just fly out (Zubia).

Reactions: DHHorn
I understand that the ball and bbcore bats affected the HR’s. Other teams have the same issues and still manage to score runs. Augies intent was small ball with good pitching so output or offense was going to be low for the most part. Maybe all the stud hitters get drafted and we get the leftovers. In the past 10 years Texas best hitter has been Kody Clemons in my opinion and really he only had 1 good year.

I understand that the ball and bbcore bats affected the HR’s. Other teams have the same issues and still manage to score runs. Augies intent was small ball with good pitching so output or offense was going to be low for the most part. Maybe all the stud hitters get drafted and we get the leftovers. In the past 10 years Texas best hitter has been Kody Clemons in my opinion and really he only had 1 good year.

This right here. All teams are using the same bats, and many teams are scoring lots of runs except Texas.

I understand the generalization. There’s a whole list of variables that play into UT hitting woes but the bbcor bat has changed the type of player which succeeds most at the plate in college baseball.

It's good that Texas scored 15 runs last night. Let's keep it going on weekend games against better competition. The South Carolina series this weekend in Austin is a good one! Probably the top match up of the weekend.

It's good that Texas scored 15 runs last night. Let's keep it going on weekend games against better competition. The South Carolina series this weekend in Austin is a good one! Probably the top match up of the weekend.

Glad they were able to keep getting runs last night it would of been embarrassing to lose to them

Reactions: LonghornMM
Gamecock fan here! Really looking forward to this baseball series. I hope we can continue to play out of conference and make this a yearly thing. I know the grind in the Big 12 and SEC is difficult enough, but this is an awesome out of conference marquee matchup. Hope we get three really great games full of exciting baseball.

The cocks have quite the lineup, hitting, what, 320+ as a team? We are around 230.
Tonight’s game is going to be interesting as we go with stud Madden against those bats. Should be fun!
Hook Em

The cocks have quite the lineup, hitting, what, 320+ as a team? We are around 230.
Tonight’s game is going to be interesting as we go with stud Madden against those bats. Should be fun!
Hook Em

Let's hope Ty pitches tonight like he is supposed to cause first game against Mississippi State horrid with every scout in attendance.

Thru 7 all tied up at 1. In the 7th bench coach Tulowitzki gets ejected for arguing strikes. He was right though.

This is a perfect example of bbcor college baseball. Walks, bunts, steels, line drive triples down the line, seeing eye singles. Today’s college baseball. Texas may be gaining some steam here.

Still need to be better at 2 strike hitting. Too many strikeouts!!! Glad for the win...Madden is very good.

This is a perfect example of bbcor college baseball. Walks, bunts, steels, line drive triples down the line, seeing eye singles. Today’s college baseball. Texas may be gaining some steam here.
I think this team has a chance to be pretty good. They got off to a bad start that first weekend, but since have played pretty well. Hopefully we can get a series win these next couple days.

Horns pitch a shutout today and win 3-0. Only given up 1 run in 18 innings to a stacked cock team.
Go for the sweep tomorrow.

Horns pitch a shutout today and win 3-0. Only given up 1 run in 18 innings to a stacked cock team.
Go for the sweep tomorrow.
Texas has the arms to do some damage this year. If the bats can give them 4-5 runs a game. Texas is going to win a lot of games.

The arms have been shaky, but as of right now they are looking good. The arms and getting hits will take us to Omaha.
Yeah I think this is absolutely a team capable of getting to Omaha. Have to get some good luck along the way to get there but they are talented enough.

Damn good series win. Gives us a little redemption from the first weekend. Let’s get the brooms out tomorrow!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT