ADVERTISEMENT

Texas Basketball 2023/2024

Y'all are dumb. The 3a state Champs in Texas would take a wnba team to the woodshed. The women can't match the speed, power, or vertically of the boys. Just so y'all know, Hitchcock is the 3a state champ. You put a Duncanville or some other nationally ranked team against them, it would be brutal. They would literally have to shut down the league because the PR would be so bad.

Don't know if any of you guys listen to Clay Travis on Outkick, but he has offered to bet $1 million that a boys State High School Basketball Champion could beat the WNBA champion.
Who's gonna take the other side? The year our USWNT won the worlds, they were beaten by an elite team of 16 yo boys!

Who's gonna take the other side? The year our USWNT won the worlds, they were beaten by an elite team of 16 yo boys!
They in fact did not win the World Cup. They didn't even make it out of the round of 16.

Hell back in the day the original Dream Team lost a scrimmage to a team of college kids. Does that one game mean they were better than the Dream Team? Obviously not..

They were high school girls, not WNBA players. So it was 17-18 year old girls against freshman boys in high school. Not a big age difference at all.

And to me comparing track and field to basketball is a little different. I just think the girls ability to shoot the basketball would give them a really good chance. Also those girls in the WNBA have some size to them as well so I don't believe the size would give the guys the advantage.

My man, basketball is as much about athleticism as anything else. So TnF is most certainly relevant.

The WNBA players would struggle to get a shot off.

Sue Bird is 5-9 and Snow weighs like 150 pounds FFS.

Them losing to HS kids doesn’t make them bad at basketball fwiw. They just wouldn’t beat the Texas 6A State Champ. Hell, they’d struggle against the 4A State Champ.

Reactions: Drtxhorn
an all star Boys high school team might beats WNBA team. Just a state championship team somewhere even in the top class. No way.

One thing to keep I’m mind. Many of the top female basketballl players(many of which are in tte WNBA) have played a lot of pickup basketball against dudes for most of their lives. A Random state championship boys team would get run out the gym. Put together an all star high school team? Might have a shot. People under dell high level women’s basketball. They can play.

Oh, well if they’ve played pick up ball that does it. I’m sure the HS kids probably don’t do that. Good point

Reactions: diadevic
They in fact did not win the World Cup. They didn't even make it out of the round of 16.

Hell back in the day the original Dream Team lost a scrimmage to a team of college kids. Does that one game mean they were better than the Dream Team? Obviously not..

My man, that USWNT absolutely 100% won the World Cup in the year referenced.

And that scrimmage was set up to lose per Daly. They played again and the college kids barely even got shots off. Per the documentary on the Dream Team.

Reactions: TX1972 and Drtxhorn
My man, basketball is as much about athleticism as anything else. So TnF is most certainly relevant.

The WNBA players would struggle to get a shot off.

Sue Bird is 5-9 and Snow weighs like 150 pounds FFS.

Them losing to HS kids doesn’t make them bad at basketball fwiw. They just wouldn’t beat the Texas 6A State Champ. Hell, they’d struggle against the 4A State Champ.
Well that's your opinion and I have mine. There is no right or wrong answer here because we'll never know...

Well that's your opinion and I have mine. There is no right or wrong answer here because we'll never know...

A 5-9 Sue Bird being absolutely locked down by 6-4 BJ Davis-Ray is not an opinion.

150 pound Snow getting locked down by 6-6, 195 Anthony Black is not an opinion.

No we won’t ever truly know, but if you know BB as you say you do and you think a team that is undersized, slower, weaker and less athletic will compete with the opposite then I don’t know what to tell you. Mind you the faster, taller, stronger are also very skilled.

Reactions: Metcalf #2
Do you remember when the Williams sisters were ascendant and Serena bragged that they could defeat any man not in the top 200? #200+ said, "I can win that match." And he did, waxed Serena in 2 easy sets.

Reactions: westx
A 5-9 Sue Bird being absolutely locked down by 6-4 BJ Davis-Ray is not an opinion.

150 pound Snow getting locked down by 6-6, 195 Anthony Black is not an opinion.

No we won’t ever truly know, but if you know BB as you say you do and you think a team that is undersized, slower, weaker and less athletic will compete with the opposite then I don’t know what to tell you. Mind you the faster, taller, stronger are also very skilled.
It 100% is an opinion. It's a hypothetical situation that we will never know how it plays out.

Do you remember when the Williams sisters were ascendant and Serena bragged that they could defeat any man not in the top 200? #200+ said, "I can win that match." And he did, waxed Serena in 2 easy sets.
No I don't because i've never watched a second of tennis in my life and never will.

It 100% is an opinion. It's a hypothetical situation that we will never know how it plays out.
I don't know...Clay Travis is pushing it really hard. WNBA ratings would go up 20X for this one game. Where there's money to be made ....

Gag Throw Up GIF by Anime Crimes Division

From a technical standpoint yes. From a prognostic standpoint it’s pretty easy to say Sue Bird would wax my ass on a basketball court but would struggle mightily against a Top 50 HS recruit. Etc.

The amount of time and space one would have is not even comparable in a WNBA game vs. a Top HS boys game.

Ahem..... there's a basketball coach somewhere in this forum...... that could probably add some insight.... if I could just remember who it was.....
Just imagine professional women football players going up against a boys HS state champion. Or any other sport for that matter. It comes down to size, speed, strength and athleticism. Young men are just bigger, faster and stronger. Forget about their basketball skills - they would get crushed. I’m actually shocked that this is even a debate.

Reactions: weevilcatch
Slow start tonight. These guys haven’t played a lot together and you can tell tonight.

Yep. Johnny Mac was over the target and to boot, a 55yo Riggs was said to have thrown the famous battle of the sexes match to BJK in her prime. It would be a big mistake for the WNBA to even try it, unless the young boys get Bobby Rigged and bought off.

Slow start tonight. These guys haven’t played a lot together and you can tell tonight.
This team has some athletic talent. Once they get some rhythm, they are going to be a second weekend team. The transfer from UTEP looks like a heavyweight boxer.

This team has some athletic talent. Once they get some rhythm, they are going to be a second weekend team. The transfer from UTEP looks like a heavyweight boxer.
i agree. This is a sweet 16 team, and the way they closed out the game was impressive. It was a 10 point game most of the game and Texas ended up winning by 26. They’ll grow as a team. Just last night you could tell they have played much together.

They don’t even have their best player yet.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT