ADVERTISEMENT

Texas Basketball 2023/2024

when does disu get back? we are not good. i don't think it's coaching. we don't make snap decisions quickly/ react slowly. there's talent. but i suspect the team was designed for disu to be lead dog, and he ain't out there, so we're kinda rudderless.
They are hoping December. We are good just haven’t played together a lot.

We were damn lucky to win today. Louisville played the game of their lives. Abmas had a terrible game but he made the shot that mattered. Got to get better.

Wow, Louisville is #170 in Kenpom. That is amazing.
That’s mostly based off of last year. They are better than last year. How much better? I don’t know but they are better.

They played out of their mind. I mean one of their big guys was a 33% free throw shooter but he went 4-4 from the line. That 3 pointer late hits the front of the rim and bounced in. We gotta get better in areas but credit Louisville they played out of their mind.

I get what you're saying-- and shots going in can separate wins and losses-- but they're bad. Very sloppy. See, that last possession

I get what you're saying-- and shots going in can separate wins and losses-- but they're bad. Very sloppy. See, that last possession
Oh I don’t disagree. I don’t think they are well coached and I don’t think they are a good team, but when you get shots to go in and get a couple guys to shoot the ball better than they ever have you can win one game.

On the Texas side though they scored 80 points and only hit 2 3 pointers. That’s an encouraging sign, because a guy like Abmas isn’t gonna shoot the ball that badly very often.

Reactions: ElDiabloTejano
Yes sir. Originally Texarkana. Haven't lived there since 2001 though. But I guess you can take the hick out of sticks, but can't take the sticks out of the hick

• Haha
Reactions: diadevic
Texas/uconn tipping off in about 20 mins. Uconn has been in touchable since the start of the NCAA tournament last year. Just blasting people. Hopefully they can at least make it a game.

Keadon shedrick not playing tonight. And with that news whatever chance we had to win got cut big time. Don’t really have anyone to deal with UConn’s highth

We are going to have to shoot 60% from 3. Not going to happen.

Last edited:
on the positive, dylan mitchell is showing a little more than he has up to now. also, we haven't stopped fighting. on the negative side, everything else. been a while since i felt like our basketball team was completely overwhelmed. i know we'll get disu back, but i hope shedrick isn't grabbing his shoulder all year. with those two healthy, we may be solid. if not, in THIS conference... ugh

on the positive, dylan mitchell is showing a little more than he has up to now. also, we haven't stopped fighting. on the negative side, everything else. been a while since i felt like our basketball team was completely overwhelmed. i know we'll get disu back, but i hope shedrick isn't grabbing his shoulder all year. with those two healthy, we may be solid. if not, in THIS conference... ugh
Mitchell made himself a lot of money by coming back. More guys should make the same decision they’d be better off.

This team will be fine when they get healthy. .

Mitchell made himself a lot of money by coming back. More guys should make the same decision they’d be better off.

This team will be fine when they get healthy. .
Shedrick already having shoulder pain. That's not good when he just had surgery on it. We should have a deeper/better bench. This is kind of a joke.

We won't go away. Give these kids credit, and coaches. It feels like we should be down 20 and we just... keep... fighting. I'm digging this. As for the depth, the depth is all playing in a role or two higher than the roster was designed for them to play. Big time hats off to this team!

We won't go away. Give these kids credit, and coaches. It feels like we should be down 20 and we just... keep... fighting. I'm digging this. As for the depth, the depth is all playing in a role or two higher than the roster was designed for them to play. Big time hats off to this team!
Yeah. With a healthy Dissu and Shedrick they probably win.

• Haha
Reactions: diadevic
Shedrick already having shoulder pain. That's not good when he just had surgery on it. We should have a deeper/better bench. This is kind of a joke.
Lol we’re down 2 guys. This team is deep. Probably 8-10 guys deep. How deep do you expect? Lol

Game #3. we SUCK! Fire Terry NOW! Unacceptable!
Good lord. 🙄
yeah dont listen to the fans who constantly have nothing good to say about the team. This team will make the tourny as thats where everything matters.

Hookem

I thought that was a hell of an effort tonight from the team. Down Shedrick and Disu and we had it down to 4 with 3 minutes to go. When we are full strength we are going to be a really good team. UConn is tough.

Reactions: hookem777
How is it a joke. UConn is arguably the best team in the country and we played them down to the wire without our best 2 big men lol

Reactions: Oldmanastro
Uconn is easily a top 10 team.
We were down 2 key players.
Get well and we are going to be fine.

Reactions: hookem777
I know Barnes’s time has come and gone at UT but … his Tennessee team is very entertaining against #2 Purdue and the largest human being in the history of history - Zach Edey. Go Vols!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT