ADVERTISEMENT

Texas Basketball 2023/2024

One of the worst performances I have seen in many years from a Texas basketball team.

I’m not concerned about an early season non conference game. Wake me up when conference play starts. These games at this point in the season are more about trying out different lineups and players still getting used to playing with each other. This is basically a brand new team. Marquette has pretty much the same team as last year so they’re already clicking on all cylinders. Tyler Kolek is a baller! Love the way he plays.

Shaka’s teams, including at Texas, are usually pretty good early in the season.

I want to see this group clicking and peaking around tournament time, which is when it really matters.

Keep in mind that basketball and baseball are similar in some ways. Early season games don’t always provide an indication of late season success. Our baseball team laid a bunch of eggs early last season and put it all together for a decent post season run.

Reactions: Oldmanastro
This team looks like crap.

We have a bunch of solid guys and a few pretty good guys.

There isn’t a “dude” on this roster as we’ve seen in the past.

That said, we still scored 95 points or whatever, weathered a comeback storm and pulled away with 3-5 minutes left.

LSU will be okay in SEC. Texas will be .500 in B12. Texas will be a 7-10 seed

Reactions: Drtxhorn
Great to see Disu back out there. He had a solid first game of the season. But Kaden Shedrick my man. You’re 6’11” 240 lbs and playing starters minutes and all you could muster in this game was 1 rebound? Rebounding is all about effort and desire and he didn’t get it done today. He has to be better if we want to go deep into the tournament.

Hell, I’m 6’3” and about 200lbs and 60 years old. Give me 15 minutes of playing time and I bet I could get more than 1 rebound.

Last edited:
Great to see Disu back out there. He had a solid first game of the season. But Kaden Shedrick my man. You’re 6’11” 240 lbs and playing starters minutes and all you could muster in this game was 1 rebound? Rebounding is all about effort and desire and he didn’t get it done today. He has to be better if we want to go deep into the tournament.

Hell, I’m 6’3” and about 200lbs and 60 years old. Give me 15 minutes of playing time and I bet I could get more than 1 rebound.
Yeah we did not rebound the ball well today at all. Gotta get better. This team does feel like it’s starting to gel a little bit together. Nice to see Disu back. He’s got a couple more tuneup games before big 12 play. I’ll continue to say it. Mitchell is making himself a lot of money by coming back. I hope it’s something we see more guys do. Many of them will have a better pro career with more development time in college.

Conference play starts tonight against Tech at Moody the big 12 will once again be an absolute beast.

See the article about one of Tech players is being sued for sexual assault during the team’s trip to the Bahamas earlier in the season? She was a minor. He has been playing all season.

See the article about one of Tech players is being sued for sexual assault during the team’s trip to the Bahamas earlier in the season? She was a minor. He has been playing all season.

And Tech announced would be playing against Texas tonight and for the foreseeable future. So Tech clearly taking this seriously.

Kansas won by 2 against TCU on a questionable call. Baylor needed OT to beat Ok state. Yeah the big 12 is gonna be a bear

c'mon, man, they're just kicking our butts. brock is a nice player to have if you have DUDES around him, but he's not good on a bad team. shedrick gives me charles smith vibes-- decent player, but mentally not who you want in tough spots. and there are tough spots every night in the big12. x's and o's are fine; jimmys and joes... we need to recruit better

I've tuned out. Baseball starts in a month. Hopefully, Tulowitzki can positively affect the team beyond Pierce's ineptitude.

I imagine a lawsuit filed by the Oakwood Group against the University is incoming. Imagine, Oakwood could be getting 5+% risk free on that money instead of the non returns from the soon to be empty seated Moody Center.

Last edited:
I think last year warranted a shot. I'll pay the price of this year for last year, if that makes sense. However, no need to prolong this. Time to start that list up. I might start with musselman but the shirt removing and all kinds soured me. Apparently there is some moral something against Kelvin Sampson. I still call Billy Donovan and Brad Stevens, but those will be hard nos. Jay Wright is my first call. He's also my second, third and just in case, fourth.

This isn't about last night. I saw this coming against Louisville. Showed promise against uconn. Then I saw them in person and I knew... I'm one of about 12 people that actually cares about this program. I can tell you, it's going to be bad the rest of the way unless disu just puts on a superman cape. I'll still root for them, hope for the best, maybe even attend a few more games-- my daughter loves going to the games with me... but I'm pessimistic. And I'm a notorious sunshine pumper. Charlie, oh he's gotta get his culture in; Herman, oh he's gotta get his dudes in; Shaka, oh he's just gotta flip the roster.

But I don't want to be sitting here 4 years from now like i was with Shaka, when it's been obvious for 4 years that it isn't working, waiting for someone more important than me to realize it and do what is necessary. Let's just get on with it.

Reactions: diadevic and westx
I think last year warranted a shot. I'll pay the price of this year for last year, if that makes sense. However, no need to prolong this. Time to start that list up. I might start with musselman but the shirt removing and all kinds soured me. Apparently there is some moral something against Kelvin Sampson. I still call Billy Donovan and Brad Stevens, but those will be hard nos. Jay Wright is my first call. He's also my second, third and just in case, fourth.

This isn't about last night. I saw this coming against Louisville. Showed promise against uconn. Then I saw them in person and I knew... I'm one of about 12 people that actually cares about this program. I can tell you, it's going to be bad the rest of the way unless disu just puts on a superman cape. I'll still root for them, hope for the best, maybe even attend a few more games-- my daughter loves going to the games with me... but I'm pessimistic. And I'm a notorious sunshine pumper. Charlie, oh he's gotta get his culture in; Herman, oh he's gotta get his dudes in; Shaka, oh he's just gotta flip the roster.

But I don't want to be sitting here 4 years from now like i was with Shaka, when it's been obvious for 4 years that it isn't working, waiting for someone more important than me to realize it and do what is necessary. Let's just get on with it.
I don’t think Terry will have a long leash because there was no rebuilding required. To the contrary, he had a team that already went through the rebuild process and was playing at a high level with players and recruits in place.

Reactions: diadevic
I don’t think Terry will have a long leash because there was no rebuilding required. To the contrary, he had a team that already went through the rebuild process and was playing at a high level with players and recruits in place.
They gave him a FIVE year contract... His buyout is over 15 mil. That's going to leave a mark.

Reactions: diadevic

Get used to it or you could follow Ol Miss's rise to greatness.

Man what a game by Disu and a shot by Abmas. Really good road win. Man this big 12 is going to be an absolute bear

Baylor needed OT to beat ok state.
KU barely beat TCU
Iowa state just took down houston
Cincinnati beat BYU on the road Saturday.

It’s gonna be an absolute dog fight every night

Texas needs a point guard and a defense.
Statistically they’ve been a pretty good defense. Cincinnati and tech both just hit shots with hands in their face

If I were coach Tery though I would adjust the starting lineup.
Once everyone is healthy I would go Abmas, Hunter, Disu, Mitchell, Shedrick
Or if you want to play a little smaller start Horton in place of Shedrick.

Point is I like Brock Cunningham but he’s more of a guy you bring off the bench. Not a guy who should start

Your BU correspondent here. I went to the new Foster Pavilion for the BU/BYU game - it is spectacular. BU had to rally from 9 down in the 2nd half to win. Why bring this up in the Orangebloods room? Because you guys are right - a win is a win. Take the wins where you can get them, and don't panic at the losses or close wins against "lesser" teams. This conference is TOUGH.

Nah. I know bad when I see it. We're bad. Yay for the win last night, though. As I said, I'll support them until they're knocked out of the nit...

Kansas just got beat by UCF. They are a questionable flagrant foul away from being 0-2 in conference. I guess they are bad too

Reactions: hookem777
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT