ADVERTISEMENT

Texas Basketball 2023/2024

I’m 100% convinced that we’d be a top 10 team right now if Beard was still coaching and recruiting. That guy has consistently demonstrated that his teams are well prepared each game and physically tough everywhere he’s coached.

This season is a lost cause. RT will be on the hot seat as the season progresses which will have a major impact on recruiting. CDC hasn’t made many mistakes with his coaching hires but he blew this one because he fell for the sentimental choice instead of the right choice.

I’m 100% convinced that we’d be a top 10 team right now if Beard was still coaching and recruiting. That guy has consistently demonstrated that his teams are well prepared each game and physically tough everywhere he’s coached.

This season is a lost cause. RT will be on the hot seat as the season progresses which will have a major impact on recruiting. CDC hasn’t made many mistakes with his coaching hires but he blew this one because he fell for the sentimental choice instead of the right choice.
I don’t blame CDC. The momentum was too high for Terry in how the season transpired with the success of the elite 8 that arose from the chaos I honestly knew that I was trading some short term pleasure for long term failure. It is hard to root against a team you love, but I would bet most of yall saw it coming last fall as he oversaw a 22-8 record and knew the job was going to be given to Terry. I imagine we’ll have suffer through two more seasons. I want to give Terry an honest shot but, he has never done well and I witnesses it personally while he was here at UTEP.

• Sad
Reactions: freeper
I don’t blame CDC. The momentum was too high for Terry in how the season transpired with the success of the elite 8 that arose from the chaos I honestly knew that I was trading some short term pleasure for long term failure. It is hard to root against a team you love, but I would bet most of yall saw it coming last fall as he oversaw a 22-8 record and knew the job was going to be given to Terry. I imagine we’ll have suffer through two more seasons. I want to give Terry an honest shot but, he has never done well and I witnesses it personally while he was here at UTEP.
I don’t blame him either….damn you Beard!

I don’t blame him either….damn you Beard!
Yep. Beard never learned lesson 1 in Crazy Chick Class.
A crazy bitch is fun for about 2 weeks. After that, they’re too unpredictable. Got to walk after a couple of weeks.

I just hope they don't wait as long as they did with Shaka.
This is going to be the issue. It will be more entertaining than a cage fight. You will have the dei people vs the athletic dept. Oakwood will be expecting cash from the AD when receipts fall. I'm betting on the AD which would be at the end of this season. If he gets another year, real damage will be done.

BU vs. UT. At this pace, Texas will make 25 three pointers. They should've run this offense all season.

Baylor is always so tough defensively. Texas in a shooting dry spell. Airballs and bricks in the 2nd half. Still a tight game. Texas needs this one.

gutty win! great response!

do think we should've called timeout to get disu in on that possession with about 1:15 left. but i ain't picking any nits today

As your BU correspondent - what a great game. But I'm not gonna lie - this one hurt.

Blind hog found an acorn. I feel like Randy Quaid in Major League II. “
They’ll blow it in the playoffs”.

I'll counter with Jim mora

PLAYOFFS?!! PLAYOFFS?!! YOU'RE TALKIN ABOUT... PLAYOFFS?!! I'M TRYING TO WIN A GAAAAME HERE, AND YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT PLAYOFFS?!!... PLAYOFFS?!!

Texas is beating those gross putrid sooners, for now.. I was looking at the coaching staff for the Texas basketball staff and looks like RT was able to retain some of Beard's hires (Haith and Ogden)-that is a good thing.
TX 67: ou 56 with 5 minutes remaining in the game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT