ADVERTISEMENT

Texas basketball vs arkiesaw

Led by 12 in the first half. Now trailing 57-54 with a little over three minutes to play.

Where have I seen this goddamned story before?

Reactions: Metcalf #2
Where have I seen this goddamned story before? Led by 12 in the first half. Now trailing 57-54 with a little over three minutes to play.

We are 3 for 20 from the field in second half. 3 for f*cking 20??? How is that even humanly possible? JFC I haven't seen shooting this bad since my daughter's 7th grade team.

Reactions: BringBackRoyal
How do you recruit this many guys with this must talent that can't shoot the ball? I have never seen this before. Is defense that great that we ignore whether a guy can shoot?

We are 3 for 20 from the field in second half. 3 for f*cking 20??? How is that even humanly possible? JFC I haven't seen shooting this bad since my daughter's 7th grade team.

It's just unreal. Without some unusually decent FT shooting (by Texas standards), the Hogs would have run us off the floor in the second half.

I'll be damned. Texas wins in OT, 73-71. Always nice to beat the Hogs.

That said, .313 FG% and .323 3PT% do not give me a lot of confidence for the rest of the season. For the third year in a row, it appears this team cannot shoot for sh*t. At least FT% wasn't sub-70% like it usually is, but 21 for 30 (exactly .700) still sucks by decent programs' standards.

Last edited:
At least we won. But, my main disappointment these first 2 games is Jericho Sims. He does an average job, but, I was hoping this year would be the year he would "bring it". I keep hearing how is a great athlete. He's a good guy by all accounts, but, he just hasn't shown the testosterone to play down low. I believe that is all we are missing and Shaka should go with someone else and let Sims be the sub until he can play every play "mean". If you watch him, he walks around slow, moping, lazy or however you can describe that body language. I thought he would have outgrown that from last year. So far, I am wrong. Luckily, we have some younger guys that seem hungrier.

You guys, don't be surprised. This team is majority of projects but good projects. Sims is a project. It's going to take time. Need good guard play but still in need of a 3 shooter. Apparently We havent had success finding those. Hopefully, we see them get better and gel. We won't be great but we will be good enough to make the tourney

Duke.

Give it to them.

Not sure if serious, or being sarcastic because of Duke hype. You can't tell anything from one game. Maybe Kentucky isn't all that good. They did struggle with a nobody last night. Meanwhile, North Carolina, who will directly have something to say about the Duke hype, beat a nobody by 50. Tap those brakes.

Agree with Metcalf. Tap the breaks. It's one game. Doesn't necessarily mean sh*t in basketball.

Duke looks great, but maybe Kentucky isn't that good. Last year's UK team wasn't anything special, and they're replacing four NBA draft picks.

You guys, don't be surprised. This team is majority of projects but good projects. Sims is a project. It's going to take time. Need good guard play but still in need of a 3 shooter. Apparently We havent had success finding those. Hopefully, we see them get better and gel. We won't be great but we will be good enough to make the tourney
Sims is a project, but, he had significant playing time and a full season to develop last season. I just think he should be further along. There aren't as many basketball players on a roster, so you have more time for individual coaching. He has put on some bulk. If you watch him, he will get frustrated every now and then and get aggressive and make a play. So, he has it in him to do so, but, he does too few and far between.

This is amazing to me. If you look at TCU, they have had much worse recruiting classes than Texas and are better than Texas. There is one thing that can equalize recruiting and that is 3 point shooting. Tom Penders realized this and took an obscure program and put it on the map. Texas played no defense under Penders but Texas still finished high in the conference most years and did well in the NCAA tournament. Shaka does everything well except for results. It's like the kid that does great in school but once in the real world, he can't cut it.

Shaka Smart recruits athletes and believes a process will form everyone into the shape he desires.

Tom Penders and to a lesser extent Rick Barnes would recruit elite guards that could shoot with big men who could rebound and had a soft touch around the rim.

Shaka's process is failing him because his team resembles a free masonry brick laying convention more than a basketball team.

Last edited:
Texas defeated mighty Louisiana-Monroe 65-55 last night in Austin to move to 3-0.

Our FG% was .419, and the team shot 6-25 (.240) from behind the arc. We’re fortunate that ULM was missing its leading scorer and best three-point shooter.

That goddamn BBR...he sure knows how I love to start my f*cking day. Nothing like rolling outta bed and learning my team still shoots like the local Girl Scout troop. Thanks man, thanks a lot. Hmm, I wonder if you really feel anything if you're frozen and jump in front of a bus.

Ugly win, but liked the uniforms and shoes they wore tonight

That's where I went to Basic Training..Hot as hell during the day and freeze ya marbles off at nite, by the way Mexico was off-limits to the Army, they train me in the desert to fight in the jungle, hell I coulda went to Desert Storm with no problems...I found out soon enough that it rains all the time overseas and then I wish I was back in the desert, it rain so much in Nam that you could see the little slopes floating by on Ammo boxes, and the crack of ya ass never dried out..LOL

Hook'em

Reactions: RoboCocks21
The only shoe that makes a good BB player!

ieplsk.jpg

Suck it Jordan's!

Hook'em

Reactions: freeper
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT