ADVERTISEMENT

Texas Bowl Game

FlourBluffHorn

Jan 5, 2007
I am a little concerned that going to a Bowl may not be for us,,Hell every team in the nation knows how to beat us, just wait for the 4 th quarter..you all know its true how many times we almost didn't make it..., now every team knows we have no pass rush and that our Secondary not fast enough and Boyd , they shoulda sit him after the 1st flag, he does this shit every game, he's another Chykie, seems like them big white boys of OU just shut our D down, they still got us with the cross passes like every other team has, doesn't Orlando teach them a damn thing?I think its time for Orlando to take his car and his 1 mill and move on,,moving on now, all the teams know our plays by heart cause Herman uses the same plays every game, damn, thats HS 101,,teach them some new plays and not be predictable, Herman got to the big 12 playoff by luck and dice rollin and you know it, Hell, I don't care , at least we got a chance, but chances are hard to come by..

Hook'em

I am a little concerned that going to a Bowl may not be for us,,Hell every team in the nation knows how to beat us, just wait for the 4 th quarter..you all know its true how many times we almost didn't make it..., now every team knows we have no pass rush and that our Secondary not fast enough and Boyd , they shoulda sit him after the 1st flag, he does this shit every game, he's another Chykie, seems like them big white boys of OU just shut our D down, they still got us with the cross passes like every other team has, doesn't Orlando teach them a damn thing?I think its time for Orlando to take his car and his 1 mill and move on,,moving on now, all the teams know our plays by heart cause Herman uses the same plays every game, damn, thats HS 101,,teach them some new plays and not be predictable, Herman got to the big 12 playoff by luck and dice rollin and you know it, Hell, I don't care , at least we got a chance, but chances are hard to come by..

Hook'em

Good grief, FB. So, according to you, Texas should decline to participate in a bowl game and run Orlando out of town? Are you not taking your meds today? :rolleyes:

Wow there is a lot of things in that rant you just went on that I know you said out of anger. Come on man it’s Herman’s 2nd year and we were playing for a conference title. You need to lighten up and realize that in football you’re not gonna make every play or every tackle and hell you’re gonna commit a few penalties. I mean you act like we finished 4-9 instead of 9-4. Get real man we are going to the Sugar Bowl to play Georgia, and we could have easily been where OU is at right now this year!

Exactly, 722. If before the season, it would have been known that Texas would be playing in the Big 12 CCG and have 9 wins, everyone would have bought that. Every. One. Texas has gone from 5-7, 5-7, 5-7, 7-6 to 9-4 and playing in a NY6 bowl game. That's impressive the progress and the direction that Herman and the staff have Texas going on. Some people just like to complain regardless of what the results are.

Good grief, FB. So, according to you, Texas should decline to participate in a bowl game and run Orlando out of town? Are you not taking your meds today? :rolleyes:

I think going to a Bowl is great for the guys, but, to see a replay of yesterday or the past where we didn't finish doesn't make ya feel good, I guarntee that if we play Georgia, they wi9ll hand our asses to us more than OU did, cause they know already from films what plays we gonna run....no pass rush, no win game ! I think you all know but are scared to admit it it, nothing to do with meds

Hook'em

Wow there is a lot of things in that rant you just went on that I know you said out of anger. Come on man it’s Herman’s 2nd year and we were playing for a conference title. You need to lighten up and realize that in football you’re not gonna make every play or every tackle and hell you’re gonna commit a few penalties. I mean you act like we finished 4-9 instead of 9-4. Get real man we are going to the Sugar Bowl to play Georgia, and we could have easily been where OU is at right now this year!

Not saying nothing bad about Herman, he just needs new plays and a new D coach who can teach how to get no pass inference flags or holding, they tore our butts up yesterday with them cross passes and a Horn player standing there waiting for the ball carrier to come to them, why in the hell didn't he go get him when he caught it?

Hook'em

I think going to a Bowl is great for the guys, but, to see a replay of yesterday or the past where we didn't finish doesn't make ya feel good, I guarntee that if we play Georgia, they wi9ll hand our asses to us more than OU did, cause they know already from films what plays we gonna run....no pass rush, no win game ! I think you all know but are scared to admit it it, nothing to do with meds

Hook'em

I don't like the matchup with Georgia, but you were suggesting that Texas skip going to a bowl game. WTF? I scratch my head at some of the bizarre, negative stuff you post. Makes me wonder sometimes what's going on.

Not saying nothing bad about Herman, he just needs new plays and a new D coach who can teach how to get no pass inference flags or holding, they tore our butts up yesterday with them cross passes and a Horn player standing there waiting for the ball carrier to come to them, why in the hell didn't he go get him when he caught it?

Hook'em

Orlando's defense held OU to one of their lowest scoring totals of the season yesterday. He schemes against OU's offense better than any DC out there. To say that Texas should fire Orlando is asinine and isn't going to happen.

I don't like the matchup with Georgia, but you were suggesting that Texas skip going to a bowl game. WTF? I scratch my head at some of the bizarre, negative stuff you post. Makes me wonder sometimes what's going on.

Nope I want them to go and have a good game but, if they played like they did yesterday..

What it is MM, is I am tired of seeing the same old missed plays, no tackling, penalty's, no blocking, almost lost our QB for that blocking stuff, Vets Memorial HS down here could tear our secondary a new one real quick, same plays that don't work cause they all waiting for it???? and then dropping points in 4 th Quarter almost getting beat...hats it gonna take to play the whole game?And don't give me that freshman shit, they was playing ball for 3 or 4 yrs before they got to the Uni level. they know how to play the game, I really believe that I will never see another Natty before I die and thats what pisses me off

Hook'em

Orlando's defense held OU to one of their lowest scoring totals of the season yesterday. He schemes against OU's offense better than any DC out there. To say that Texas should fire Orlando is asinine and isn't going to happen.

He damn sure didn't hold them dam pass TD's did he or them cross over passes for 45 yds per clip

Hook'em

FB, no one who is a Texas fan wants to see the Horns lose, but if you're honest with yourself, this team is finally going in the right direction. Thankfully you're not the one making the decisions about coaches and players on the team. We'd be in big trouble if that were the case. You can't just fire everyone after you lose a game or two. Texas has been in every game all season long down to the last minute, unlike what happened under Charlie Strong. Recruiting is going great. The coaching staff is very good and the players have bought into Herman's direction. The future looks really, really good for Longhorn football!

Hook'em!

Reactions: FlourBluffHorn
FB, no one who is a Texas fan wants to see the Horns lose, but if you're honest with yourself, this team is finally going in the right direction. Thankfully you're not the one making the decisions about coaches and players on the team. We'd be in big trouble if that were the case. You can't just fire everyone after you lose a game or two. Texas has been in every game all season long down to the last minute, unlike what happened under Charlie Strong. Recruiting is going great. The coaching staff is very good and the players have bought into Herman's direction. The future looks really, really good for Longhorn football!

Hook'em!

I agree with ya and I hope its true

Hook'em

It takes time to recruit and build players to compete at the highest level.Herman has done a good job in year 2, I think a coach needs at least 4 years to prove his worth.

Hook'em

Reactions: FlourBluffHorn

Hook'em
Okay, I'm an OU guy so I enjoyed reading this post. But to be honest, no fan should think this way about their team going into a huge bowl game. Geez UT is going to the Sugar Bowl after the last 4-5 years of miserable football. Figured all UT fans would be pumped the hell up. :confused::confused:

Okay, I'm an OU guy so I enjoyed reading this post. But to be honest, no fan should think this way about their team going into a huge bowl game. Geez UT is going to the Sugar Bowl after the last 4-5 years of miserable football. Figured all UT fans would be pumped the hell up. :confused::confused:

Bingo. We are a one deep team at most positions with a suspect running game, that would be next to nonexistent without Ehlinger, and we made it to both the CCG and the Sugar Bowl.

Last edited:
FB. Even I can see and will admit that you guys have really improved. You don't go from the outhouse to the penthouse in 2 years. That is as much positivity as I can stomach, but give it another year.

How does anybody still pay attention to this drooling knuckledragger?

Btw, I really hate when the race card gets used. I'm so sick of black people way over using it, but when this tool says shit like "them big white boys", it kind of makes it look like even blh was right sometimes, doesn't it? Not hard to imagine how he was probably talking about our little black guys on defense while he watched the game in private.

There's no room for this shit around here.

How does anybody still pay attention to this drooling knuckledragger?

Btw, I really hate when the race card gets used. I'm so sick of black people way over using it, but when this tool says shit like "them big white boys", it kind of makes it look like even blh was right sometimes, doesn't it? Not hard to imagine how he was probably talking about our little black guys on defense while he watched the game in private.

There's no room for this shit around here.

I agree with ya Metcalf , watch the game again and see the OL for OU, our D could never get to the QB but a few times and it was not race oriented to say that when ya could see it on natl TV! What ya want me to say big ole green boys and get me in trouble with the Irish?

Hook'em

Your lucky to be here Billy!

Hook'em

Reactions: BillyRay
One question to all of you...where was the pass rush and where was the coverage on the WR? And where was the coverage on the RB coming outa the backfield to the sidelines and cross routes that they tore our asses up on? and who was supposed to cover Goodwin? How ya gonna not let the other team beat ya in the last quarter?

I am thrilled to be going to a Bowl and I understand the importance of going but, at the same time if you was a recruit and see this, what would ya think?, but, whose gonna fix the above?

Hook'em

I agree with ya Metcalf , watch the game again and see the OL for OU, our D could never get to the QB but a few times and it was not race oriented to say that when ya could see it on natl TV! What ya want me to say big ole green boys and get me in trouble with the Irish?

Hook'em

Normal people would just say, "that big OL" or something like that. The fact that the color of the players is so on your mind you have to actually type it is very telling.

Never mind that you have no clue what you're taking about. You can't just blindly rush a waterbug like Kryler Murray. QBs like that will slow down a pass rush in their own just because of their run threat. Our defense did better against OU than anybody else did this year. So stick a sock in it.

Normal people would just say, "that big OL" or something like that. The fact that the color of the players is so on your mind you have to actually type it is very telling.

Never mind that you have no clue what you're taking about. You can't just blindly rush a waterbug like Kryler Murray. QBs like that will slow down a pass rush in their own just because of their run threat. Our defense did better against OU than anybody else did this year. So stick a sock in it.

thats-racist_zps3103619b.gif

That's why we won right?

Hook'em

Shut it down MM, I am tired of trying to explain we need to fix whats broken now before we play another team,,

Hook'em

He's old and off his meds BillyRay...he's a nice old man though!

Reactions: BillyRay
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT