ADVERTISEMENT

Texas commitment Bo Barnes still feels great about his decision

Suchomel

Staff
Aug 10, 2001
1722709842941.png

When Bo Barnes committed to Texas in April, he was pretty clear that he was done with the recruiting process and would not be flirting with any other programs. Three months later, Barnes has been true to his word, remaining solid with his Longhorn commitment and actively working to recruit other players to join him in Austin.

Recently, the Dallas Skyline product was back on the Forty Acres for a quick unofficial visit, and Barnes said it was another positive experience.

“It was good. I got to hang out with a lot of my future teammates, hang out with the coaching staff, get closer with the players, watch them work out,” Barnes said. “I was kind of watching he linebackers, Anthony Hill, Maurice Blackwell, David Gbenda. I was watching those guys, seeing what they do as a linebacker group, the technique part of the linebackers.”

At 6-2 and 230 pounds, Barnes has a unique blend of size and speed. He’s able to cover a lot of ground and make plays all over the field, and he said he sees some of himself in Texas sophomore Anthony Hill.

“We just have some things in common at linebacker. He can run, I can run. He can go sideline to sideline, go off the edge. We do some of the same things,” Barnes said.

During his recent visit, Barnes spent time hanging out with fellow UT commitments KJ Lacey and Nick Townsend. He also got to know defensive tackle Josiah Sharma, who would wind up flipping his commitment to Texas later that day.

Looking back at his decision, Barnes said he has zero regrets and he’s remains 100-percent confident that he made the right choice.

“I feel like I committed at the right time. My commitment was great. I feel like I made the right decision for myself,” Barnes said. “I feel like I can get more people on board with this 2025 recruiting class, just tell them Texas is the place for them and we’re building something special over here.”

Barnes is ranked as a four-star prospect by Rivals.com and he’s a member of the Rivals250.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News