ADVERTISEMENT

Texas Georgia History

FlourBluffHorn

Jan 5, 2007
2gxmrh1.jpg

Texas fullback Ronnie Robinson (49) dives for a four-yard gain as he is dragged down by Georgia's Terry Hoage at the Cotton Bowl in Dallas on Jan. 2, 1984. (American-Statesman file photo)

https://www.hookem.com/2018/12/06/t...2vXMJlWtPFdJQXtJKqYdrbCiGVAzHMiNBQ8qnCkIhDtIw

Hook\em

I was at that game. Damn you Mossy Cade!

Just catch the dang punt!

One thing about that play. Akers was convinced that GA was going to run a fake punt so he kept the starting defense in there. And MC who never caught punts fumbled and the rest is history. One thing that FA did that drove me crazy was that he constantly overcoached and never was it more apparent than that play.

Last edited:
One thing about that play. Akers was convinced that GA was going to run a fake punt so he kept the starting defense in there. And MC who never caught punts fumbled and the rest is history. One thing that FA did that drove me crazy was that he constantly overcoached and never was it more apparent than that play.

all Mossey had to do was get the hell out of the way and let the damned thing die even if it rolled to the 1 foot line....we run 3 dives, punt the ball and win the damned game.

my error...it was Curry and not Cade that muffed the punt.

Reactions: FlourBluffHorn
all Mossey had to do was get the hell out of the way and let the damned thing die even if it rolled to the 1 foot line....we run 3 dives, punt the ball and win the damned game.

You're right. It was Craig Curry not Mossy Cade. I imagine he still has nightmares about that muffed punt.

Just shows ya how just one players making a error in judgement can be devastating...

Hook'em

ADVERTISEMENT