ADVERTISEMENT

Texas Players jumping up and down on the sidelines

Cotton #12

Feb 26, 2011
Arlington,Texas
I saw that last night and could someone explain the reason why?Is it a trend?The 1st team I saw do that was Baylor and so do we copy Baylor.The coaches know and do that seem to mind.I cannot see that on a DKR coached team but we are in a different era.

I saw that last night and could someone explain the reason why?Is it a trend?The 1st team I saw do that was Baylor and so do we copy Baylor.The coaches know and do that seem to mind.I cannot see that on a DKR coached team but we are in a different era.
It's moral boosting. Kids nowadays are rarely "self motivated". They need outside stimulation for them to be pushed into action. The days of showing up on game day in a BAD MOOD are over.

Looks kinda High School to me.

Probably coaches "suggesting" they do it and not spontaneous.

That was done YEARS ago...nothing new.

Wow!....I can just see it on game day...just before kickoff back in 63-64-64....Someone with a death wish runs up to Nobis and says....Hey Tommy!...Show a little enthusiasm!....

crowd treated to a 2 second display of enthusiasm....someone asks...whats going on? Guy next to him says...I dunno....looks like Nobis fooling around with some corpse.

Last edited:
Often times in ye old days, soldiers of an out numbered or inferior army would whip themselves into a froth in order to inspire a more rabid attack.

The Centurians would just hold quiet and let the other army wear themselves out, then slaughter them.

Reactions: freeper
Maybe we should get in the wishbone and try and stay within 30 points of the B12, too.

within 30 points?...Sometimes I look back on those days with over 500 yd offense every game and get a bit nostalgic.

I must have missed it, but what happened to Shackelford? Looks like Coney played well against K-State though.

JK, Cotton.

297.png

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT