ADVERTISEMENT

Texas Recruiting

One of Cards issues, as I see it, is durability. He seems skinny and Herman's QBs seem to take a beating. Herman asks his QBs to run to much. I think we could be right back to the shit can with our QB position. Any decent transfers out there?

Well 11 of our 18 commits have signed on the dotted line. II won't sign today have to wait for him. Sanders hasn't signed yet and the out of state 4* haven't signed yet.

And I have yet to find out anything about Q. Davis or LJ Johnson. There's also a chance with Keithron Lee and a kid from New Orleans Brynn Sorrell. Finally a grad transfer from FSU a kid named Woodbey hopefully a few of those will sign with us.

Well all the commits have signed. Hopefully II is cleared and he'll sign in February. No word yet on LJ Johnson, Q Davis, Barryn Sorrell, and Keithron Lee.

We don't utilize athletic TEs. He would be wasting his time there.

In other news, everyone but Ibraheem has signed. 17th ranked class in the nation. Very impressive Tom...

You know maybe next year we can put Jared Wiley who's 6'7" and Malcolm Epps who's 6'6" on the field at the same time like ISU does with theirs. We use like ISU does with theirs we can have success. Key word of course being if.

This recruiting year was just such a disappointment.

Texas Top 25

(If unsigned end up signing with the favorite is in parenthesis)

Unsigned - 6
Oklahoma - 4 (5)
Texas A&M - 4 (6)
LSU - 3
Alabama - 3
Ohio State - 1
SMU - 1
MissSt - 1
California - 1
SoCal - 1

Texas - 1 (3) 👎

Everyone of those Top 25 in the state of Texas are in the National Top 150.

Absolute Disaster

Texas Top 25

Unsigned - 6
Oklahoma - 4 (5)
Texas A&M - 4 (6)
LSU - 3
Alabama - 3
Ohio State - 1
SMU - 1
MissSt - 1
California - 1
SoCal - 1

Texas - 1 (3) 👎

Absolute Disaster

Well maybe there's hope with Davis and Johnson. Maybe.

Well as for now it appears that we are through with today. The question is what if anything will happen between now and Friday.

I am experiencing a lot of anger when I see that Texas has signed just 3 out of the top 40 kids in the state of Texas.
OU has 6. Aggies have lot more.

It freaking infuriates me.
I would really like to believe that the kids that have signed are diamonds in the rough and will outperform higher ranked recruits. But, history does not help me delude myself.

22 its shaping up to be even worse.

Are we entering a new age of Texas football where we are more like ISU, OSU, Bay, TCU or KSU where we will pile up lower ranked recruits and be OK with our share of wins when they come.
Are we resigning to staying in this new era of complacency and mediocrity?

Well 11 of our 18 commits have signed on the dotted line. II won't sign today have to wait for him. Sanders hasn't signed yet and the out of state 4* haven't signed yet.

And I have yet to find out anything about Q. Davis or LJ Johnson. There's also a chance with Keithron Lee and a kid from New Orleans Brynn Sorrell. Finally a grad transfer from FSU a kid named Woodbey hopefully a few of those will sign with us.

LJ Johnson has pushed his commitment back until January. I really think is giving Texas EVERY opportunity, but I think he really wanted to see what the coaching situation was going to look like. This one is tough to call between A&M and Texas. What is the word over here? Texags brass seems to think it's a lean A&M's way. What are you guys hearing?

I am experiencing a lot of anger when I see that Texas has signed just 3 out of the top 40 kids in the state of Texas.

I would really like to believe that the kids that have signed are diamonds in the rough and will outperform higher ranked recruits. But, history does not help me delude myself.

Are we entering a new age of Texas football where we are more like ISU, OSU, Bay, TCU or KSU where we will pile up lower ranked recruits and be OK with our share of wins when they come.

Unfortunately, I think we’ve been here quite a while Hookem. While we were full of optimism for each new HC, OC, DC....we’ve been consistently mired in mediocrity. And next year isn’t shaping up to be any different. So there’s another year....

No, Texas recruits fine when things aren't such a mess. Right now there is no stability and recruits are hesitant to come to a school when they don't know who will be coaching the next year. The ones that do come are committed to UT and not the coach. Need some coaching stability before recruiting will pick up. I don't think Herman will ever have that again at Texas because every time he loses a game the firing rumors will start swirling. They need to move on from Herman.

Reactions: oldhorn2
Recruits know Herman isn’t likely to be here next year, and probably don’t like Herman much anyway. Doesn’t seem like many people do.

the urban rumors aren’t going to go away Texas will make another run at him next year I can almost guarantee that, and there is probably a 75-80% chance someone else is coaching Texas in 2021

al that impacts recruiting. Hell I don’t think it’s a lock Herman is on the sidelines next year if I’m CDC I think about firing him after the South Carolina stuff came out.

LJ Johnson has pushed his commitment back until January. I really think is giving Texas EVERY opportunity, but I think he really wanted to see what the coaching situation was going to look like. This one is tough to call between A&M and Texas. What is the word over here? Texags brass seems to think it's a lean A&M's way. What are you guys hearing?

50/50, but I'm not sure why on earth he would choose Texas. I mean the depth chart isn't stacked or anything, so he'd probably play quite a bit early.

What is the depth chart for tamu?

Recruits know Herman isn’t likely to be here next year, and probably don’t like Herman much anyway. Doesn’t seem like many people do.

the urban rumors aren’t going to go away Texas will make another run at him next year I can almost guarantee that, and there is probably a 75-80% chance someone else is coaching Texas in 2021

al that impacts recruiting. Hell I don’t think it’s a lock Herman is on the sidelines next year if I’m CDC I think about firing him after the South Carolina stuff came out.

Surely CDC is investigating that report. And if true, how can you keep this clown any longer?

If he made the call himself he’s one of the dumbest people alive lol

Can't say I blame Herman in this case. He has the AD and BMDs actively looking for his replacement and seemingly no support from the AD. I'd probably send feelers out instead of sitting around waiting to get fired as well.

Reactions: outhereincali
We probably should clairify, I know for a fact Herman wouldn't make that call, the call was made by his agent. Thus zero deniability in all of this.

Can't say I blame Herman in this case. He has the AD and BMDs actively looking for his replacement and seemingly no support from the AD. I'd probably send feelers out instead of sitting around waiting to get fired as well.
Oh I’m not saying he shouldn’t of been looking. But you do it in a way where it’s quite(agents and what not). Sounds like he did it rather openly it sounds like

I think we ought to call South Carolina and beg em to take him....maybe toss em 2 or 3 million to do it. That would save us 15 million.

Reactions: LonghornMM

Texas Top 25

Unsigned - 6
Oklahoma - 4 (5)
Texas A&M - 4 (6)
LSU - 3
Alabama - 3
Ohio State - 1
SMU - 1
MissSt - 1
California - 1
SoCal - 1

Texas - 1 (3) 👎

Absolute Disaster
This is amazing. Now battling SMU?

Reactions: weevilcatch

To be honest I really don't know. He would be a boost to our recruiting class.

Ok I have a question for you. There's a kid from Bryan named Keithron Lee he's a receiver. From what I've read he's a high 3*. Although he's from Bryan A&M is not in the picture. I hear we have a good chance with him. Do you know what goes on with kids from Bryan and the surrounding area?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT