Texas Recruiting

Not likely at all.

Texas is a better team now. Texas has a better recruiting class. Texas has a better QB room with Arch in the wings. Kids like Austin. Texas has more money.

Although Alabama has been much better recently, Satan is gone and FNG (DeBoer) will have to prove he can win.

I'd say it's more likely that Keelon Russell flips if Sark would take him.

Reactions: txleapd
Not likely at all.

Texas is a better team now. Texas has a better recruiting class. Texas has a better QB room with Arch in the wings. Kids like Austin. Texas has more money.

Although Alabama has been much better recently, Satan is gone and FNG (DeBoer) will have to prove he can win.

I'd say it's more likely that Keelon Russell flips if Sark would take him.

Ffrench having said in August that he was 110% onboard with Texas and done taking any other visits or talking to anyone else was comforting. I just know how some of these kids can be these days.

Bama must have stacked his NIL account. Having seen a couple of interviews with Ffrench, that kid is a marketing gold mine.

My personal thoughts are that Texas needs to take care of business on the field and these recruiting issues will sort themselves out. If Texas loses games they shouldn’t or doesn’t perform when the stakes are high, then the risk of losing a major recruit rightfully goes up.

again, remember when everyone was freaking out about sark and his recruiting losses earlier this year lol? my man is on FIRE

2026 Five-star safety Zelus Hicks has committed to Texas over Auburn, Clemson, Georgia, Tennessee, and several others. The Carrollton (Ga.) product announced his intentions on Thursday, which marks his 18th birthday.

2026 Five-star safety Zelus Hicks has committed to Texas over Auburn, Clemson, Georgia, Tennessee, and several others. The Carrollton (Ga.) product announced his intentions on Thursday, which marks his 18th birthday.
He is reclassifying I think. so probably 2025 class

Reactions: RoboCocks21
Oh, I know he is an OU commit.....I just wondered if Weevil ( He is a sneaky rascal) might have some inside info....

• Haha
Reactions: weevilcatch
It would be nice, but no way tOSU pushes Pettijohn away. It would send a great message, but would expect them to offer him even greater incentives to stay.

So he's an Ohio st commit-- but he's coming to Austin.....

So if I'm Ohio st, I'm telling him to fvck off.

I’m all about aggressive recruiting. I just don't know if I can get behind poaching a kid who’s already committed to another school. If we’ll do it to another, it’s kinda hard to get upset when it gets done to us.

I’m all about aggressive recruiting. I just don't know if I can get behind poaching a kid who’s already committed to another school. If we’ll do it to another, it’s kinda hard to get upset when it gets done to us.
And what if he contacts us? Do we reject the call? I'm thinking not.

Reactions: txleapd and westx
We have a few players that perform at a very high level that were committed to another school at one time
I get that, and I know it’s a sign of the times. I just don’t like the thought of chasing a recruit who’s committed to another school. I’m not mad at anyone for doing what needs to be done. I just couldn’t do it.

And what if he contacts us? Do we reject the call? I'm thinking not.
I don’t have any issues if the kid is initiating contact and looking to be recruited. I don’t like the idea of hunting from the road, so to speak.

I get that, and I know it’s a sign of the times. I just don’t like the thought of chasing a recruit who’s committed to another school. I’m not mad at anyone for doing what needs to be done. I just couldn’t do it.

I don’t have any issues if the kid is initiating contact and looking to be recruited. I don’t like the idea of hunting from the road, so to speak.

Yeah, the kid can say "I'm done" at any time. Coaches aren't vacuum salesmen. They move on to another player unless the player is okay with staying in touch.

It's a simple as "Hey, Riley, just checking in. How are things? Any interest in setting up a time to come visit?"

Something like that. If the kid says no, they don't pester. At least the good ones.