ADVERTISEMENT

Texas Recruiting

Let's hope that this isn't a common thing with the kids committed to Texas. I'm afraid that there are going to be other decommits as well.
There may be, but I think there are going to be a couple flips aew direction to, so it will probably even out. If things get as crazy on the coaching openings as some are saying might be an opportunity to pick a few mitre up

I believe you. Just, what the hell is he thinking? I get not wanting to come here but Sparty??
Yeah. At this point Texas needs players who want to be at Texas. At this point in the process(two weeks before signing day) if you aren’t sure you want to be at Texas get off the boat now.

Reactions: weevilcatch
Looks like Texas picked up a recommitment from CB Jaylon Guilbeau. Was committed to Texas then flipped to TCU. Is back with Texas as of today. Nice addition to what looks like it will be a really strong class.

This class is starting to look much better than the last ten classes. I like the emphazizes on quality lineman and a better rounded group with a few from the transfer portal...I believe this class will rap up better the others.

Did we just lose a running back to Bama?
That’s a big loss but RB is the one position I think we can afford to lose out on. We have a really deep RB room with Bijan, Rojo, Brooks and Blue coming in next year.

That’s a big loss but RB is the one position I think we can afford to lose out on. We have a really deep RB room with Bijan, Rojo, Brooks and Blue coming in next year.
That’s probably why we lost Miller TBH. Alabama needs help at RB right now

Derrick Brown, a 4 star commit edge from Texarkana, hosted a huge zoom meeting last night with all the commits and some that have not yet committed. He got roschon, bijan, Xavier, and some others to pop in and help really the troops. Guys, give this time. The wr that just committed to aggy QUIT on his hs team; maybe he isn't going to pull a Zach Evans but we don't need character questions showing up. Glad to see the recruits AND the key current players are rallying together to get it done.

Derrick Brown, a 4 star commit edge from Texarkana, hosted a huge zoom meeting last night with all the commits and some that have not yet committed. He got roschon, bijan, Xavier, and some others to pop in and help really the troops. Guys, give this time. The wr that just committed to aggy QUIT on his hs team; maybe he isn't going to pull a Zach Evans but we don't need character questions showing up. Glad to see the recruits AND the key current players are rallying together to get it done.
Yep at this point Sark needs guys that want to be at UT. I’ll take a 3 star who wants to come over a 5 star that’s going to be wishy washy and probably end up in the portal anyway

Didn’t your running back commit Jaydon Blue do the same thing? If Ewers goes back to Texas would you be excited or would Ewers be wishy washy? Usually people are only not wanting people when they didn’t get them. If Stewart would have committed to Texas this board would have been thrilled. I’ve been on the other side of that when Texas got someone and Tex Ags was all about “we didn’t want him or need him” stuff.

Didn’t your running back commit Jaydon Blue do the same thing? If Ewers goes back to Texas would you be excited or would Ewers be wishy washy? Usually people are only not wanting people when they didn’t get them. If Stewart would have committed to Texas this board would have been thrilled. I’ve been on the other side of that when Texas got someone and Tex Ags was all about “we didn’t want him or need him” stuff.
My only problem with Ewers is if he doesn’t start he’s probably out again before week 1. I mean that’s why he’s leaving Ohio state.

I'm hearing whispers that Cade Klubnick may look around instead of signing during the early signing period. He's still a Clemson commit but I hope Sark stays after him. You never know.

He's actually the best QB in Austin, college or HS.

I'm hearing whispers that Cade Klubnick may look around instead of signing during the early signing period. He's still a Clemson commit but I hope Sark stays after him. You never know.

I saw Westlake kick the sh&t out of NB a couple of weeks ago. He can make every single throw. The most impressive was a 15 yard out from the opposite hash mark . . . on a rope.

Blue was already committed before he got kicked off his team. Sark doesn't want to pull his offer and Blue doesn't have many more options so they are keeping the status quo with him. Maybe all that opened his eyes and he had a change of attitude, I don't know. Losing Miller to Bama hurt because that was the real RB spot. I believe they are looking for another RB now. We would take Stewart if he came but I will not lose any sleep over losing him, same if Blue leaves. He is not a team player and we need leaders on the team in the worst way.

Blue yes...if he decommits then who cares IMO.

Ewers wanted Texas. That was the fault of Herman, who is no longer here.

And you can find posts on here regarding Evan Stewart from me that I in fact did not want him.

Joe Cook

@josephcook89

Former UT safety Kenny Vaccaro, the CFC
🏈
board member "Texas is always one of the highest grossing athletic programs in the NCAA, & we intend to ensure that all student athletes at Texas have a way of participating in these immense financial opportunities." #HookEm
@InsideTexas

Hayes Fawcett

@Hayesfawcett3

Multiple Four and Five-Star Recruits making are making announcements today— 2x the amount It’s officially that time of the year, 14 days until the Early Signing Period. Make sure to follow my Instagram, I post much more updates on there
👇🏽

Given all the sudden change in coaches around the country, I wouldn't be surprised if you see lots of 'committed' prospects forego early signing and wait till Feb.

I saw Westlake kick the sh&t out of NB a couple of weeks ago. He can make every single throw. The most impressive was a 15 yard out from the opposite hash mark . . . on a rope.
I said before here that Texas made a mistake not going all in on Klubnick. That dude is a player. He just knows how to win and is a real gamer. Your current QB commit is not impressive at all.

• Wow
Reactions: DrinkToIt
Apperently Devin Brown the QB originally committed to USC and thought to be a potential flip to Texas as committed to Ohio state. He will be in the transfer portal this time next year lol

Reactions: LonghornInOmaha
If you want to silver lining that info, perhaps they informed young Mr. Uscdecommit that Quinn Ewers will be leaving soon

You can win the Big 12 with a team full of 3 stars, but not the SEC or in the national championship picture. There’s a reason why Bama, Clemson, Georgia and Ohio St are always in the CFP hunt. BUT, we aren’t winning the Big 12. Gotta start small and show the top guys that we can win and then they will come. Right now, we just need guys with a chip on their shoulder who want to prove they can play and change the culture.

Reactions: JDCPAgolferHorn
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT