ADVERTISEMENT

Texas Recruiting

So there's this quote

“Who knows what’s going to happen down the road? I have no idea,” Swinney said. “I just try to be great where my feet are. That’s my focus every day. Who knows? They may do away with college football in three years. There may be no college football. They may want to professionalize college athletics. Well, then, maybe I’ll go to the pros. If I’m going to coach pro football, I might as well do that. I may get a terrible president or a terrible AD one day. I don’t know. I have no idea what’s down the road. But I know what we have at Clemson is special, and I wanted to make a commitment to the university. That’s what the message of the contract was.”

And then he said if College Sports becomes "professionalized" that he'll go do something else.

I guess when players start getting multi-year contracts and there is free agency and salary caps, he'll go do something else.

Or you know, maybe he was venting like every other asshole on earth does when there is something radical being changed to their job/livelihood/etc.?

So there's this quote

“Who knows what’s going to happen down the road? I have no idea,” Swinney said. “I just try to be great where my feet are. That’s my focus every day. Who knows? They may do away with college football in three years. There may be no college football. They may want to professionalize college athletics. Well, then, maybe I’ll go to the pros. If I’m going to coach pro football, I might as well do that. I may get a terrible president or a terrible AD one day. I don’t know. I have no idea what’s down the road. But I know what we have at Clemson is special, and I wanted to make a commitment to the university. That’s what the message of the contract was.”

And then he said if College Sports becomes "professionalized" that he'll go do something else.

I guess when players start getting multi-year contracts and there is free agency and salary caps, he'll go do something else.

Or you know, maybe he was venting like every other asshole on earth does when there is something radical being changed to their job/livelihood/etc.?
I’ve got news for Dabo College football has been semi pro football basicslly for a long time. A lot of kids are only coming toClemson, Texas, etc is because the nfl says they have to

Dani’s real problem is he isn’t the only one with his hand in the cookie jar anymore.

Yeah, Colorado got the better deal here I think
Oh no question the pac 12 is basically dead. It looks like no one even wants their games.

Looks like Oregon may be on the move too. Just saw a tweet that they basically just called an emergency board meeting. Oregon is a good get for the big 12 or big 10 wherever they go

In my opinion I would like to see a rule implemented that prevents players from transferring for maybe like their first 2 years.

I’ve got news for Dabo College football has been semi pro football basicslly for a long time. A lot of kids are only coming toClemson, Texas, etc is because the nfl says they have to

Dani’s real problem is he isn’t the only one with his hand in the cookie jar anymore.

I think Dabo got over his initial gripes...because Klubnik just signed a decent NIL deal.

When people's institutions are radically changed they say shit they don't mean. EVERY single human on earth. So if Dabo is a fraud, then so am I and so are you as well as everyone else on this board and beyond.

It's not that deep.

Reactions: Hoookem722
Oh no question the pac 12 is basically dead. It looks like no one even wants their games.

Looks like Oregon may be on the move too. Just saw a tweet that they basically just called an emergency board meeting. Oregon is a good get for the big 12 or big 10 wherever they go

Gonna be honest...this sucks ass. I hate that Texas and OU are moving to the SEC. I hate that the P12 is going to be a G5 conference. I hate that college football is moving to a NFL model. It sucks man...it just does. I miss bowl games. I miss regional conferences.

Gonna be honest...this sucks ass. I hate that Texas and OU are moving to the SEC. I hate that the P12 is going to be a G5 conference. I hate that college football is moving to a NFL model. It sucks man...it just does. I miss bowl games. I miss regional conferences.

I understand what you are saying on most of that. What are you so against playing in the SEC for? I think you will feel differently once you see what it is all about. I miss college football the way it used to be as well, but what are you going to miss about the Big 12? Tech, Baylor, Kansas, Iowa St, West Virginia??? The games are going to be MUCH better, and you are going to get up much more each week than you ever have before. I think you will like it in the end.

I understand what you are saying on most of that. What are you so against playing in the SEC for? I think you will feel differently once you see what it is all about. I miss college football the way it used to be as well, but what are you going to miss about the Big 12? Tech, Baylor, Kansas, Iowa St, West Virginia??? The games are going to be MUCH better, and you are going to get up much more each week than you ever have before. I think you will like it in the end.
I prefer the original B12 but we are never going back there. The current Frankenstein that is the b12 is not that great. I prefer playing OU, Ags, and Piggy every year. I know we aren't there yet but it will soon enough.

Because Texas isn’t a Southeast school. I don’t like Aggie over there either.

I don’t like the NFL and it feels like we’re moving to NFL Lite.

Hopefully me caring about Texas so much more than the Cowboys will change my mind. We’ll see.

Because Texas isn’t a Southeast school. I don’t like Aggie over there either.

I don’t like the NFL and it feels like we’re moving to NFL Lite.

Hopefully me caring about Texas so much more than the Cowboys will change my mind. We’ll see.
Gotta agree with aggy here. I’ve always thought one of our biggest hurdles in this conference was getting excited for teams that, well, you just can’t get excited for.

No matter how hard our guys try, there’s no way they can ever get as excited about playing Brazos Aggy, Sand Aggy, Purple Baylor, Jayhawk and Wildcat, as they get about playing Texas. Just no way we can match the hate, because we simply could give a shit less about them.

Now you substitute Arkie for Okie Lite, aggy for Brazos aggy, Tennessee for Texas Truckstop Tech, LSU for Purple Baylor…oh hell yeah there’s a LOT more to get excited about. 🤘

Gotta agree with aggy here. I’ve always thought one of our biggest hurdles in this conference was getting excited for teams that, well, you just can’t get excited for.

No matter how hard our guys try, there’s no way they can ever get as excited about playing Brazos Aggy, Sand Aggy, Purple Baylor, Jayhawk and Wildcat, as they get about playing Texas. Just no way we can match the hate, because we simply could give a shit less about them.

Now you substitute Arkie for Okie Lite, aggy for Brazos aggy, Tennessee for Texas Truckstop Tech, LSU for Purple Baylor…oh hell yeah there’s a LOT more to get excited about. 🤘
Maybe this is what I'm trying to say. Each week there is a team that you will hate that you get to play. Arkansas, A&M, and OU you already hate. I'm pretty sure you already hate Alabama and LSU or starting to. Wait until you play Tennessee at Neyland or Ole Miss in Oxford...yep, you will hate them. I don't think Texas fans really hate anyone in the Big 12 besides OU, maybe Tech?? Give it time, but I think you are going to love week to week.

Reactions: Metcalf #2

I think we’re discussing different points. I agree with your first paragraph. The atmosphere will be 100x better week in and week out

I’m just saying I miss the old days. I’ll be fine though LOL

I don’t look forward to the days of parity. When 8-4 teams make the playoffs. Or 9-3 because they play tougher games. And then they have a magical run and we have to pretend like they’re the “best” team.

Personally, I'll miss the days when teams played each other once rather than twice or even potentially three times in a season. This isn't basketball or baseball.
On the flip side - it sucks when you only play a conference foe twice every 10 years. Hard to generate hate that way.

Eh I like this model better to be honest. At least in the playoff the best teams are gonna match up that wasn’t always the case in the bowl system. Let’s watch the best teams play.

I liked the Bowls, not bowl tie ins. But I like the very small playoff too
I am a fan of the small playoff as well. I do not like the ranking system. It ruins the season and the playoff. I would be happy with 4 conferences and each conference sending their champion to a 4 team playoff. Each division could have its own playoff. The NFL does not do rankings. I would be in favor of getting rid of the ranking system. NIL is about to change the landscape of CFB. We'll see how it plays out.

Question on your opinions on some recruits we are both hoping to land. I wanted to get your opinions on where Texas fans or what your paid for intel tells you about Ryan Wingo, Collin Simmons and Kobe Black. I'm feeling pretty good about Terry Bussey right now, but the other 3 I'm not sure. I know Ryan Wingo is in College Station now and hearing really good things there. Collin Simmons I feel we are behind. He is at LSU, but I was hoping he would make it in tomorrow. Kobe Black I've heard the least about. I'm just curious about those 3 since I know you are hoping for those 3 as well.

Question on your opinions on some recruits we are both hoping to land. I wanted to get your opinions on where Texas fans or what your paid for intel tells you about Ryan Wingo, Collin Simmons and Kobe Black. I'm feeling pretty good about Terry Bussey right now, but the other 3 I'm not sure. I know Ryan Wingo is in College Station now and hearing really good things there. Collin Simmons I feel we are behind. He is at LSU, but I was hoping he would make it in tomorrow. Kobe Black I've heard the least about. I'm just curious about those 3 since I know you are hoping for those 3 as well.

Who the hell knows. Most of these kids will just go where they think they can make the most money. No loyalty to anything but the green. It’s disgusting

I believe Simmons, Black and Wingo land in Austin and Bussey with Aggy. This could all change since we’re talking about 17 year old kids. My hope is that the current NIL rules don’t change at all because in 4-5 years Texas schools will dominate recruiting because we’ll have the most prosperous NIL collectives in the nation.

It seems like it’s a big recruiting weekend for a lot of schools. Last weekend before the dead period? Is Texas hosting anybody this weekend?

From Hornsports. It was the pool party so may have already happened:

Updated visitors list for today's event (from all sites).

The underclassmen with ** next to their name have offers.

QB, Trey Owens, Cy-Fair
WR, Freddie Dubose, Jr., Spring Branch Smithson Valley
WR, Parker Livingstone, Lucas Lovejoy
TE, Jordan Washington, Houston Langham Creek
OL, Daniel Cruz, Richland
OL, Nate Kibble, Humble Atascocita
DT, Alex January, Duncanville
DE, Solomon Williams, Carrollwood Day (Tampa, FL)

RB, Wesley Yarbrough, Crosby
WR, Carterrious Brown, Arlington Seguin**
WR, Tanook Hines, Spring Dekaney**
WR, Daylan McCutcheon, Lucas Lovejoy**
WR, Adrian Wilson, Pflugerville Weiss
TE, Jeremiah Scoby, Dickinson
OL, Jackson Christian, Port Neches-Groves**
OL, Jonte Newman, Cypress Bridgeland
OL, Tyler Thomas, Dickinson**
OL, Byron Washington, DeSoto
DT, Landon Rink, Cy-Fair**
DE, Chad Woodfork, Humble Summer Creek**
DE/LB, Anthony Williams, Pearland Shadow Creek
LB, Jonah Williams, Galveston Ball**
LB, Copelin Windfont, Crosby
CB, Jaboree Antoine, Westgate (New Iberia, LA)**
CB, Caleb Chester, Fort Bend Marshall**
CB, Maliek Hawkins, Frisco Emerson
CB, Cobey Sellers, Pearland Shadow Creek**

WR, London Smith, Waco University
OL, Drew Evers, Flower Mound High
LB, Ashton Moore, Alpharetta (Alpharetta, GA)**
LB, Madden Morgan, Bellaire Episcopal
CB, Lebron Bauer, Allen

QB, Peyton Houston, Calvary Baptist (Shreveport, LA)
TE/DE, Zane Rowe, Denton Guyer**

Metcalf...to me the biggest question about the move to the SEC is this:

Are you gonna continue to correct my spelling over there? I hear it is not so important in the SEC.....

The new playoff system is going to improve bowl season I believe. With more teams playing meaningful games you’re going to see less opt outs. I like the move to the SEC because I believe it’s going to help restore the program because of the recruiting. We also get to restore some of our old rivalries with Arkansas and the Aggies while also maintaining the RRS.

I believe Simmons, Black and Wingo land in Austin and Bussey with Aggy. This could all change since we’re talking about 17 year old kids. My hope is that the current NIL rules don’t change at all because in 4-5 years Texas schools will dominate recruiting because we’ll have the most prosperous NIL collectives in the nation.
You may be right...I do think Wingo or Black could end up in Aggieland with Wingo being the most likely of those. I would worry about LSU for Simmons. I still think Black ends up in Austin.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT