ADVERTISEMENT

Texas vs Bama

Tua going out was the best thing to happen for Alabama. He was bad, in comes Hurts for 21 unanswered points. Hurts for Heisman

Is that a serious question? Good lord

whoa... easy chief. I'm not a TX fan, but I know their defense managed to contain OUs offense better than anybody else this year.

Leading up to this game, OU was murdering opposing defenses with its running game. Killing them. But UT kept OU's backs in check. Even Murray didn't run for many yards today.

And so I'm just asking these guys if they think UT's defense is close to bama's. Maybe at least UT's front four?

You're an A&M fan, correct? Is it possible that you might be a little biased in favor of your SEC brethren? :)

You're an A&M fan, correct? Is it possible that you might be a little biased in favor of your SEC brethren? :)
Everybody is bias, including me for sure. I honestly thought you were being sarcastic. Thought I was playing along with the gag.

You are most likely going to agree if you guys sneak in a have to play them. Your 5'9 corners are going to be in trouble. Men vs. Boys.

I don't think Texas has a single DB under 5-10 Most of the Texas corners are 6 ft and taller.

They claim they want the 4 best teams. There is no doubt it my mind that Bama & Georgia are top 3 at the very least. Question is, it it fair to make them beat the other one twice? Or let the winner roll over ND or OU. Then have a tough game with Clemson.

Oklahoma deserves to be in, I'd take them over Notre Dame whose only good win was against a team that got embarrassed by Ohio State.

Would you guys say that your defense is about as good as Alabama's?

I know statistically, it's not as good, but you guys also had to play OU twice, WVU, Texas Tech, etc.

I don't think there is a single guy on the Texas roster that is as good as his Alabama counter part. Maybe Dicker the kicker.

comparing the Texas defense to Bama is like comparing your right hand to a super model. One is the real deal, the other takes a lot of imagination.

Everybody is bias, including me for sure. I honestly thought you were being sarcastic. Thought I was playing along with the gag.

Why do all aggys pull for a conference? Its embarrassing for you guys. Its like Rutgers pulling for Ohio State and Michigan to do good, thinking that it makes them good by association. A team should be all for one. To hell with the rest of the conference. Alabama, Georgia, LSU, Florida, etc doing good has nothing to do whether a&m has any credibility or is a good team. Can you speak for aggys and explain this bizarre reasoning about their infatuation with the shameless $EC cheerleading? No one gets this mentality.

Why do all aggys pull for a conference? Its embarrassing for you guys. Its like Rutgers pulling for Ohio State and Michigan to do good, thinking that it makes them good by association. A team should be all for one. To hell with the rest of the conference. Alabama, Georgia, LSU, Florida, etc doing good has nothing to do whether a&m has any credibility or is a good team. Can you speak for aggys and explain this bizarre reasoning about their infatuation with the shameless $EC cheerleading? No one gets this mentality.
Some guy asked if Texas's defense was as good as Alabama's. I thought he was trolling.
If Georgia gets in the playoffs I will 100% be pulling for them. I will also 100% pull against Alabama, as I am sick to death of them running the game. Saban gets anybody he wants, it is sickening. But I am not blind to the fact of which teams have the best players. Doesn't matter if I like them or not.

Some guy asked if Texas's defense was as good as Alabama's. I thought he was trolling.
If Georgia gets in the playoffs I will 100% be pulling for them. I will also 100% pull against Alabama, as I am sick to death of them running the game. Saban gets anybody he wants, it is sickening. But I am not blind to the fact of which teams have the best players. Doesn't matter if I like them or not.

I hear what you're saying. I think that everyone outside of Alabama fan is sick and tired of Bama. That said, can you, or any other ag, explain the bizarre $EC conference cheerleading thing that aggy does?

I hear what you're saying. I think that everyone outside of Alabama fan is sick and tired of Bama. That said, can you, or any other ag, explain the bizarre $EC conference cheerleading thing that aggy does?
I maybe can explain some of it, but I have issues with some of the Bama nut hugging myself. I hate those MFers.

So for me, why I pull for SEC teams when playing out of conference -recruiting and higher profile games.

I want the SEC to dominate the draft every year, win the most bowl games, have the highest profile games on the best networks in the best time slots, and dominate the playoffs. I also want A&M to pull it's own weight, but 2nd in the west is our ceiling as long as Saban is breathing. And that is the main reason I hate Bama and ther recruiting juggernaut.

I want those things so I can get excited about 7 or 8 games a year. I love the big games and hate the brunch time games. And most importantly recruiting. All the top high school kids think they are NFL good. As long as the SEC continues to dominate, you can sell the alpha dog guys on playing in the SEC vs Pros or in the BIG12 vs Joes. I realize the delta in reality is not as huge as the perception, but the difference is real and significant.

I really do think the SEC is head and shoulders above the other conferences, and I want credit for playing in those venues against those teams. Doesn't mean I like Bama, LSU, Auburn, or Mississippi State - I don't.

Not trying to be a prick with this response, just trying to explain my thinking.

Last edited:
I maybe can explain some of it, but I have issues with some of the Bama nut hugging myself. I hate those MFers.

So for me, why I pull for SEC teams when playing out of conference -recruiting and higher profile games.

I want the SEC to dominate the draft every year, win the most bowl games, have the highest profile games on the best networks in the best time slots, and dominate the playoffs. I also want A&M to pull it's own weight, but 2nd in the west is our ceiling as long as Saban is breathing. And that is the main reason I hate Bama and ther recruiting juggernaut.

I want those things so I can get excited about 7 or 8 games a year. I love the big games and hate the brunch time games. And most importantly recruiting. All the top high school kids think they are NFL good. As long as the SEC continues to dominate, you can sell playing in the SEC vs Pros or in the BIG12 vs Joes.

I really do think the SEC is head and shoulders above the other conferences, and I want credit for playing in those venues against those teams. Doesn't mean I like Bama, LSU, Auburn, or Mississippi State - I don't.
If the SEC is head and shoulders above other conferences then why did it take the SEC champ Georgia last year overtime to beat Oklahoma. And Oklahoma had that game won to be honest. Then Georgia almost went on to beat Bama. So your logic is flawed!

Reactions: LonghornMM
If the SEC is head and shoulders above other conferences then why did it take the SEC champ Georgia last year overtime to beat Oklahoma. And Oklahoma had that game won to be honest. Then Georgia almost went on to beat Bama. So your logic is flawed!
To me one conference having the best 2 teams at the end, while the other 4 teams had none is a sign of dominance. Even if the games are close.

Check out the Sagarin Top 20 as of today. Dude is a statistician, so all logic no emotion. He has Georgia #3 today and 8 of the top 20 are SEC. Almost as strong as the recruiting ratings, which per the 247 composite SEC has the top 4 and 10 of the top 20. Seems logical to me.

I want those things so I can get excited about 7 or 8 games a year. I love the big games and hate the brunch time games. And most importantly recruiting. All the top high school kids think they are NFL good. As long as the SEC continues to dominate, you can sell the alpha dog guys on playing in the SEC vs Pros or in the BIG12 vs Joes. I realize the delta in reality is not as huge as the perception, but the difference is real and significant.

Not trying to be a prick with this response, just trying to explain my thinking.

This is exactly what I'm talking about and don't understand about the SEC thing with aggy. Why do you want the SEC to dominate? So you can brag that a&m plays in the supposed best conference? The continual put downs of other conferences is arrogant and comes across like aggy thinks that they're better because they play in the SEC. This is what aggys do non-stop and it is annoying to others and embarrassing for them.

BTW, I, as many others, don't think that the SEC is the best conference every year. Last year the Big 10 was the best conference. This year, I think that the SEC is about on par with the other P5 conferences. It ebbs and flows. The SEC has only been the dominate conference going back 10 or 12 years. It hasn't always been the conference. It may or may not continue to be considered the best conference in the future. There are no guarantees. And no, the SEC is not "head and shoulders above all of the other conferences". :rolleyes:

Reactions: Hornsfan722
I don't think there is a single guy on the Texas roster that is as good as his Alabama counter part. Maybe Dicker the kicker.

comparing the Texas defense to Bama is like comparing your right hand to a super model. One is the real deal, the other takes a lot of imagination.

Wow. Not one? Okay. :) Coaching factors in also.

IMHO, there is not the disparity between the defenses that you say there is, but I'm only a fan, not a coach or anything.

Maybe AL's defense is better, sure, okay. But UT is in the same zip code, at least. Hard hitting and disciplined. Good scheme, and good athleticism at each level.

Reactions: Metcalf #2
I probably wasn't clear, I was talking about OU's tiny corners.

2013 Sugar Bowl - Pregame = Oklahoma has no chance to hang with superior athleticism of the SEC. OU 45 Alabama 31

2016 Sugar Bowl - Pregame = Oklahoma has no chance to hang with superior athleticism of the SEC OU 35 Auburn 19

2017 Rose Bowl. - Pregame = Oklahoma has no chance to hang with superior athleticism of the SEC. Georgia 54 Oklahoma 48

Really, really sick of hearing the "SEC is so much better than everybody else". Past results don't bear it out as truth.

But keep discounting OU because we're in the big XII MM42. Keep saying we have no chance against AL bro. That's how we want it. :)

2013 Sugar Bowl - Pregame = Oklahoma has no chance to hang with superior athleticism of the SEC. OU 45 Alabama 31

2016 Sugar Bowl - Pregame = Oklahoma has no chance to hang with superior athleticism of the SEC OU 35 Auburn 19

2017 Rose Bowl. - Pregame = Oklahoma has no chance to hang with superior athleticism of the SEC. Georgia 54 Oklahoma 48

Really, really sick of hearing the "SEC is so much better than everybody else". Past results don't bear it out as truth.

But keep discounting OU because we're in the big XII MM42. Keep saying we have no chance against AL bro. That's how we want it. :)

I have to agree. So sick of this overhyped SEC bullshit. Texas vs Georgia, OU vs Alabama. SEC heavyweights vs Big 12 heavyweights. Great opportunity to slam shut a lot of big mouths.

This is exactly what I'm talking about and don't understand about the SEC thing with aggy. Why do you want the SEC to dominate? So you can brag that a&m plays in the supposed best conference? The continual put downs of other conferences is arrogant and comes across like aggy thinks that they're better because they play in the SEC. This is what aggys do non-stop and it is annoying to others and embarrassing for them.

BTW, I, as many others, don't think that the SEC is the best conference every year. Last year the Big 10 was the best conference. This year, I think that the SEC is about on par with the other P5 conferences. It ebbs and flows. The SEC has only been the dominate conference going back 10 or 12 years. It hasn't always been the conference. It may or may not continue to be considered the best conference in the future. There are no guarantees. And no, the SEC is not "head and shoulders above all of the other conferences". :rolleyes:

Totally agree that the Big 10 was definitely the best conference last year. Still football, left to be played, but the SEC has been the best so far when you look at records and games among the P5 conferences. Big 12 or Big 10 are second, but a good bit behind. ACC has one elite team and a few other good ones. PAC 12 has no elite teams and a few good ones.

Totally agree that the Big 10 was definitely the best conference last year. Still football, left to be played, but the SEC has been the best so far when you look at records and games among the P5 conferences. Big 12 or Big 10 are second, but a good bit behind. ACC has one elite team and a few other good ones. PAC 12 has no elite teams and a few good ones.
It's hard to compare records with the SEC only playing eight conference games and getting four non-conference games, of which only one has to be a Div. 1-A school.

Reactions: LonghornMM
It's hard to compare records with the SEC only playing eight conference games and getting four non-conference games, of which only one has to be a Div. 1-A school.

Yep. This is one of the manipulation things about the $EC that I was talking about. That, and how they manipulate getting extra home games and favorable bowl matchups. The $EC brass is shady.

The SEC is dominate because they have the best coach in football history. Take away Bama and the conference is average. When Texas and Oklahoma were at the top of their game from 2000 to 2010, the Big 12 South was the toughest division in college football.

Right now everyone says the SEC West is the best but I see Bama and an above average LSU and everyone else. What happens once Saban leaves? It's back to suck for bama, or back to cheating. I know you want to say that Jimbo will take his place, but it's not like he was bringing in all these championships with FSU,

It's hard to say if anyone is going to dominate, Clemson is right behind Bama as the most dominate team right now, then maybe Georgia. I like what the Big 12 has with Texas and Oklahoma especially since those two teams are still bringing in elite defensive recruits.

Blue blood programs are elite because they set a standard that others follow. Texas is always going to be Texas, same with blOwU, Southern Cal, Michigan, tOSU. They are who they are. Don't care what conference they are in.

The conference BS is propaganda to create elitism where none exists. Does anyone think Arkansas is on par with Texas in anything? Yet they are in the SEC. Truth is the ags are smart in this, they will ride this wave until they crash. They were going no where in the Big 12 under Texas shadow, they are going no where in the SEC but now they can brag about something.

Not trying to compare records. And to be fair, this may change after bowl games. But right now, Auburn has beaten a P5 Champion (Washington), Ole Miss beat Tech handily, Miss St. beat Kansas St., A&M had a good showing against Clemson...When you match that up with the other conferences OOC games, it is not comparable. Okla St. beat Boise St is probably the Big 12 best victory. Tenn, USC and UCLA were bad (not your, WVU and OU's fault, but it is the case). Baylor got beat bad by Duke...Let's see how the bowl season plays out, but right now, the SEC has a clearly better record. Maybe OU beats Bama (or at least is competitive). You guys have a tough matchup. It could easily change.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT