ADVERTISEMENT

Texas Vs Iowa State game thread...

Porter is doing a good job. Got to give credit to him.

Last edited:
Welp I got the good guys winning part right to -7 but not by a bunch. D gets the game ball and Elliott JESUS dude the ball is married to you!!!

Last edited:
thanks for letting me vent a little about Shane without getting on me. I like the kid, I wish he was "THE GUY" but I think he is just not going to make it through the season. The kid is just too beat up.
I do the same thing. No worries at all. I am sure you will cut me some slack one day to. Lol :) He needs to gain weight or something. He is tough but man he needs to make a decision and GO.

I will never complain about a W. But this one makes me want to.

I will never complain about a W. But this one makes me want to.
They have been so far and few between that I will just enjoy it for a few mins. lol. This offense is just terrible though. It is hard to watch. It has no rhythm or flow to it at all. Doesn't set things up for other plays....nothing. I don't like Beck but I will try to be patient and see if it changes. If this is all year..........he be Gone.

Texas dominated TOP 40:31 to ISU's 19:29 !

Texas ran 78 offensive plays (52 rush...26 pass).

Texas defense held ISU to 10 yards rushing on 15 carries !

Defense had four sacks...three INT's and at least a dozen QB pressures !

They have been so far and few between that I will just enjoy it for a few mins. lol. This offense is just terrible though. It is hard to watch. It has no rhythm or flow to it at all. Doesn't set things up for other plays....nothing. I don't like Beck but I will try to be patient and see if it changes. If this is all year..........he be Gone.

Year one is a throw away year. Historically if you look at programs, the first year of a head coach is nothing more than a trial by fire. Yes, there are exceptions: mack brown's first year, Texas won 8-9 games. Jim harbaugh, Michigan won 10. But saban won 6. It all depends. I'm willing to chalk year one up to "fvck all" like I was with charlie. But I still have the lingering effect of Strongitis.

Reactions: swVAHorn
Defense played amazing and we led the whole game and won against a decent Iowa State team in their stadium at night. It was a good win for our team.

However, the offense looked off the entire night. I'm not sure how with an extra week of practice, we don't have any confidence. We at least put together 2 scoring drives in the first half. But half-time adjustments made us WORSE. Just a 49-yard field goal in the 3rd & 4th quarters? Our O-Line made several mistakes, but on most plays created plenty of time for Shane to sit in the pocket. That should have worked to our advantage. With our big and fast WRs and Shane (the more accurate QB), with time to throw, we should have been converting on many more impressive passing plays. So what was the deal? It's not like he was getting sacked over and over. He just wasn't making impressive throws.

Defense played amazing and we led the whole game and won against a decent Iowa State team in their stadium at night. It was a good win for our team.

However, the offense looked off the entire night. I'm not sure how with an extra week of practice, we don't have any confidence. We at least put together 2 scoring drives in the first half. But half-time adjustments made us WORSE. Just a 49-yard field goal in the 3rd & 4th quarters? Our O-Line made several mistakes, but on most plays created plenty of time for Shane to sit in the pocket. That should have worked to our advantage. With our big and fast WRs and Shane (the more accurate QB), with time to throw, we should have been converting on many more impressive passing plays. So what was the deal? It's not like he was getting sacked over and over. He just wasn't making impressive throws.

Shane looks timid about making certain throws, especially over the middle. Waits too long and then misses his opportunities. The second half it was pretty much penalties that killed most drives. Hard to overcome holding penalties on every other play. Play calling was conservative as well. No need to force something when you have the lead.

Reactions: JHop6714
Shane looks timid about making certain throws, especially over the middle. Waits too long and then misses his opportunities. The second half it was pretty much penalties that killed most drives. Hard to overcome holding penalties on every other play. Play calling was conservative as well. No need to force something when you have the lead.
Against USC I really thought Sam was holding the ball way too long.......this game Shane had plenty of time and yet both have the same issue......maybe the receivers are not getting open.....I did notice on a couple plays WR's kind of just standing there instead of working to get open.....shane even motioned for them to run a few times.....

Reactions: westx
Against USC I really thought Sam was holding the ball way too long.......this game Shane had plenty of time and yet both have the same issue......maybe the receivers are not getting open.....I did notice on a couple plays WR's kind of just standing there instead of working to get open.....shane even motioned for them to run a few times.....

I think that's the issue! WR quitting after they run their route and just standing around.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT