ADVERTISEMENT

Texas vs Iowa State game thread

utisdabomb12

Aug 12, 2013
Texas is currently the 2nd 8 seed in Lunardi's bracket.

A win today against a good RPI team could bump us up to a high 7.

ISU is a good team. They are playing very aggressive on offense.

Why are they calling the touch fouls on us but, not on them?

Well, it was a very bad 2 minutes to close the half.

35-31 Iowa State at the half. You can't win games with 12 turnovers in a half. Some soft touch fouls called on us that half.

I like what the commentator said about Texas size. He said that Texas needs to take more shots since they have the size to be strong on the boards by rebounding and a putback (paraphrasing).

Ballgame. Texas getting close to the bubble. Just bad coaching. You have to hedge the 3 against this team.

Originally posted by utisdabomb12:
Barnes is getting out coached. Looks like Texas is in trouble.
I can't believe that ISU's shrimps are out muscling our bigs.

Ballgame. Texas getting close to the bubble. Just bad coaching. You have to hedge the 3 against this team.
Texas is a bubble team. If they finish 0-6 or 1-5 they will be out like I said.

"Texas is a bubble team. If they finish 0-6 or 1-5 they will be out like I said."

They are an 8 seed in Lunardi's bracket. If they lose both road games to WV and Kansas they will be a "bubble team". But no, they aren't currently a bubble team.

Just put it in Yancy's hands. I'll take the loss a lot easier knowing we go down with the hot hand.

"Texas is a bubble team. If they finish 0-6 or 1-5 they will be out like I said."

They are an 8 seed in Lunardi's bracket. If they lose both road games to WV and Kansas they will be a "bubble team". But no, they aren't currently a bubble team.
I thought you had me on ignore...

You can wait for Lunardi to tell you you're a bubble team but Texas is worse than that. They could end 0-6 and miss the tournament.

This post was edited on 2/21 3:18 PM by TexasAggiesFan

Originally posted by TexasAggiesFan:

You can wait for Lunardi to tell you you're a bubble team but Texas is worse than that. They could end 0-6 and miss the tournament.

Thanks for informing us that we could miss the tournament if we finish 0-6. You are one of the wiser little aggies to figure that one out.

Too little too late.

Texas will still get in the tournament if they just beat Baylor and Kansas State at home. A win against WV or Kansas on the road would probably solidify it.

It's time for Barnes to be fired though.

"I thought you had me on ignore..."

You aggys are good laughs. I enjoy getting insight from fans that have no clue what they are talking about.

K St is about the only game left I see Texas having a shot at winning.

Think how far this team has fallen, its a Barnes trademark.

Originally posted by westx:

Originally posted by TexasAggiesFan:

Thanks for informing us that we could miss the tournament if we finish 0-6. You are one of the wiser little aggies to figure that one out.
I said in the bubble thread Texas would go 0-5 or 1-4. You even replied to me there. How is your reply looking in that thread now?

"Or, 2-3, 3-2, 4-1, 5-0, genius."

Soooo glad the Rick Barnes era might actually be coming to a close. It will take some good fortune just to finish 2-2.

Yep, unless Barnes makes a deep run in the tournament I think he's gone.

The first guy I would go after is Brad Stevens.

'Bomb...don't think Stevens is a realistic option. Give me Gregg Marshall. Should have gone after him after last season.

Originally posted by CAHorn47:
'Bomb...don't think Stevens is a realistic option. Give me Gregg Marshall. Should have gone after him after last season.
I don't think Barnes will be fired anytime soon unless he absolutely tanks. I wonder who will be the hottest commodity after this season? You are right about Gregg Marshall. He has had several offers. Fred Hoiberg will get a lot of love as well. Hoiberg, Marshall and Smart are all under $2 million.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT