ADVERTISEMENT

Texas VS isu predictions

We know Texas likes to score in the 30s. No more no less. ISU likes the 20s, more or less. I’ll take what 36-28. I won’t take into account the new revelation that The Texas Longhorns don’t know how to play at night in the cold. This is according to the expert OL for ISU. I guess he thinks they will wreck Texas like his fellow Iowans did to @clob’s bathroom. 😂

• Haha
Reactions: freeper and clob94
I think with the loss of Brooks and Quinn having another week to heal (I still believe he was hurting in the 2nd half of TCU and that's why Sark called the way he did), I believe Sark will dial up an aggressive game plan and we put up some points.

42-17 Texas

Reactions: Oldmanastro
ISU offense is 10th in the conference in scoring. They'll be fired up, but that will wear off with the continuous punting. Barring turnovers - UT 27, ISU 17.

This is going to be another one of those games that scare the shit out of us. I'll say 24-23 Texas. We somehow always manage to make bad QBs look like Heisman contenders.

I think not having Brooks will give the offense a greater sense of urgency to play well. Good Teams rise up right!? :)
Horns by 10.

Reactions: freeper
I predict my wife will say "oh look we are up by (what ever 10 + point lead we have) we are going to murder them"....I say "the game ain't over".
She says "why are we playing so bad"....I say because it's the end of the 3rd quarter.

Texas wins 30-27

If Texas tries to rely on Baxter as it relied on Brooks, Texas will lose. The dude can't get it done, yet. They must change the offensive scheme to run more plays for Blue. Baxter is averaging 4.5 per carry, not great.

Last edited:
Reactions: Archmadness
I hope he likes the cold. He's a Florida kid soooo.....
Meh. Cold is overrated. Being from south Texas, I wasn’t exactly on a first name basis with cold, either. But we played till December all 3 years I lettered. Play in plenty of cold, including sleet. When you’re playing, you don’t even notice. If anything it just makes you run harder. Lol

Just go out and play like we're the better team and then get the hell out of cold ass Ames, Iowa forever.

Btw are any SEC towns cold in November?

Year 1 we lost a bunch of games we should have won, year 2 we won a few of those games we lost in year 1, and now we are winning the majority of our games ugly.
It's just where we are as a program.

Remember why we gave up all those leads the first year? It was mostly because our offense couldn't stay on the field in the 2nd half. Saturday was no different and the last few weeks were no different. At TCU we were 2-9 on 3rd and short, and 4th and short.
Our short yard and goaline issue is here to stay for the rest of the year.

As far as this Sat.. I do not believe we can keep getting lucky in these late 4th quarter games. This will be our first game out of the state of Texas since Bama, and for that reason I am taking ISU 28-24.
I think the difference in the game will be a few 4th and shorts that Sark should have kicked a field goal on, but that we go for and turn the ball over on downs on.

Jay

Year 1 we lost a bunch of games we should have won, year 2 we won a few of those games we lost in year 1, and now we are winning the majority of our games ugly.
It's just where we are as a program.

Remember why we gave up all those leads the first year? It was mostly because our offense couldn't stay on the field in the 2nd half. Saturday was no different and the last few weeks were no different. At TCU we were 2-9 on 3rd and short, and 4th and short.
Our short yard and goaline issue is here to stay for the rest of the year.

As far as this Sat.. I do not believe we can keep getting lucky in these late 4th quarter games. This will be our first game out of the state of Texas since Bama, and for that reason I am taking ISU 28-24.
I think the difference in the game will be a few 4th and shorts that Sark should have kicked a field goal on, but that we go for and turn the ball over on downs on.

Jay
Weren't you the one that picked Kansas State?

Reactions: Hoookem722
If Bax goes over a hundo-- we win.

If Bax don't go for over a hundo- we have a 50-50 shot.
I would like to see Blue get some early carries and then feed the hot hand after that. Also mix in some screens with Keilan Robinson.

If we can miraculously play a clean game we will boat race em...

If we play like we have been, then Bell will be right on.....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT