ADVERTISEMENT

Texas vs Mizzou *** Game Thread ***

Well glad this team got a winning season FINALLY! Let’s get rid of our OC and do whatever it takes to keep Orlando. Mizzou might have sucked but we didn’t let them beat us. The guys looked like they wanted to play no matter if the fans kept calling this a BS bowl.

It’s a credit to him in that he understands that the offense is a weakness(to be kind) and that punting and his defense are what’s going to carry the team. It’s also troubling in a way because he seems to recgrnize the offense isn’t good, but he doesn’t appear to be inclined to remove Beck or take over the playcalling, so what do you plan to do to make it better? That’s yet to be seen, and honestly will determine his level of success at Texas.
Herman inherited good players on defense and shitty one's on offense. Playcalling is bad but OL and QB talent makes it so tough.

If that changes, this board might be cussing Orlando and thinking Beck isn't retarded in a couple years. But, I doubt it.

It really isn’t. As I’ve said 100 times. I’m a Texas fan and I hope Herman wins 12 national titles and overtakes Saban as the best coach ever... just have my doubts that he’s the guy that brings us back to where we wanna be.
There is only a handful of active coaches with national championchips, fisher, Meyer, Saban, swinney that is it

Herman inherited good players on defense and shitty one's on offense. Playcalling is bad but OL and QB talent makes it so tough.

If that changes, this board might be cussing Orlando and thinking Beck isn't retarded in a couple years. But, I doubt it.
We do lack some talent on offense no question. I’d argue though that whst we did have could of been used differently and been more effective. The problem with Beck is he has a fairly lengthy track recored at different stops, and none of it has been good.

I don’t think any of us liked the Beck hire. Most of us were ok with it assuming Herman would have a heavy involvement in the offense. That was apperently never the plan according to Herman.

I mean I look at it this way to be an elite program you have to have Coordnators that are HC quality or have been HCs in the past. Look at Saban’s staffs, Meyer’s staff, Dabo has had Morris. Venables will get a shot some day. We know Orlando will be an HC some day. Anyone think Is gonna knock Beck’s door down? Probably not.

Last edited:
There is only a handful of active coaches with national championchips, fisher, Meyer, Saban, swinney that is it
Yeah.... not sure what your point is? Iregsrdles of that the coaches at places like Texas, Michigan, Bama, etc are expected to contend for titles... Herman will be expected to have Texas progressing to that level by the end of his 5 year contract. I think that’s a fair assessment

Sounds like an Aggie.

Hell yes the players, coaches, & fans are smiling tonight. This is our first winning season since Mack Brown was here. We aren’t acting like anything other than that & our team won their bowl game.

Aggies are the only ones allowed to celebrate a meaningless bowl victory

Yeah.... not sure what your point is? Iregsrdles of that the coaches at places like Texas, Michigan, Bama, etc are expected to contend for titles... Herman will be expected to have Texas progressing to that level by the end of his 5 year contract. I think that’s a fair assessment
That’s a fair point, but it is really hard to contend for national titles

Boohoo! It’s a coach instilling a winning personality on this football team while saying, “don’t mess with Texas b!tch.”
That may be whst he’s trying to do, but gotta start backing it up on the field if your gonna start doing that stuff. No good team iseven remotely intimidated by us right now

Yeah, don’t really have a problem with the players doing it as they are 18,19 years old and tennagers, but I would expect a grownup to act a little more mature and with class.

Considering I’ve never seen you post on here I have a feeling you have a problem with TH or UT period. I could be wrong though.

That’s a fair point, but it is really hard to contend for national titles
I agree that there is some amount of luck in to actually making playoff in such but by contend I mean be in the conversation, and Texas path isn’t exactly tough. The big 12 is a fairly easy road most years.

That may be whst he’s trying to do, but gotta start backing it up on the field if your gonna start doing that stuff. No good team iseven remotely intimidated by us right now

Which is the attitude he is trying to change. You have to talk a little crap. TH has a little shit in his neck and I like it.

Not every single post of yours has to be a contrarian post. We get it dude, you don't like the Herman hire. You think he's going to fail.

Do yourself and everyone a favor and go hide in the bushes until he either wins the Big 12 or gets fired. But your incessant need to interject your lame viewpoint in every single thread is getting old

Mizz's QB was an idiot with that dance. I was surprised that Herman mocked him but man was it obnoxious and ill timed for their qb to do that.

I agree that there is some amount of luck in to actually making playoff in such but by contend I mean be in the conversation, and Texas path isn’t exactly tough. The big 12 is a fairly easy road most years.
Your right, but if Texas was a one loss team with a loss to Oklahoma, they wouldn’t make the playoff

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT