ADVERTISEMENT

Texas vs Washington score prediction

Texas 38
Washington 24

Brooks goes for 150+
Keilan throws in another 100 all purpose yards.
Worthy pouts.

EDIT: Whittington finally becomes the focus he should’ve been all along, goes for over 100, which is why Worthy is pouting.

Last edited:
I haven't watched one second of Washington football this year but looking at their numbers they are going to put some points up. I think we win the game though something like 40-31.

I see a redemption game from Quinn and Worthy.

Washington gonna be a handful..

Our defenses are virtually identical. Middle of the road.
Where we are screwed-- Washington LEADS THE NATION in 3rd down conversion. We rank #80 in stopping 3rd down conversions. That's terrible.
If we can't keep them behind the chains, we are fvcked like a football bat. If Washington gets in 3rd and short or 3rd and manageable, we ain't getting off the field.

Penalties-- Wash 6.83 per game
Us-- 6.02

Completion % Wash is ranked 24
We are ranked 72.

Passing offense-- Wash ranked Numero Uno......

We are ranked 64.
Washington has the 2nd ranked total offense.......

What's this mean?

We don't want to be in a shoot out with these guys. We won't win. We need to run the ball, control the clock, keep Wash in 3rd and long behind the chains.
Can we do it?

I don't think so.

Reactions: hookem777
After looking at Washington's schedule this year it looks like they haven't played anybody. I think their 10-2 record is kind of inflated. They didn't have to play USC or Utah. They have only faced 1 pass defense in the top 65 all year and that was Oregon State. And I don't think its a coincidence that Oregon State was the only team to hold them under 300 yards in the air. They also lost to a 3 win Arizona State team. We should win this one.

Washington gonna be a handful..

Our defenses are virtually identical. Middle of the road.
Where we are screwed-- Washington LEADS THE NATION in 3rd down conversion. We rank #80 in stopping 3rd down conversions. That's terrible.
If we can't keep them behind the chains, we are fvcked like a football bat. If Washington gets in 3rd and short or 3rd and manageable, we ain't getting off the field.

Penalties-- Wash 6.83 per game
Us-- 6.02

Completion % Wash is ranked 24
We are ranked 72.

Passing offense-- Wash ranked Numero Uno......

We are ranked 64.
Washington has the 2nd ranked total offense.......

What's this mean?

We don't want to be in a shoot out with these guys. We won't win. We need to run the ball, control the clock, keep Wash in 3rd and long behind the chains.
Can we do it?

I don't think so.
They have only faced 1 pass defense in the top 65 all year so those numbers a little bit inflated to me.

Reactions: echeese
They have only faced 1 pass defense in the top 65 all year so those numbers a little bit inflated to me.
My dude... not to be a contrarian, but you do realize our pass defense is ranked #90.................. right?
Oregon, ranked just beneath us-- giving up 17 more passing ypg than us- gave up 408 to Wash. We give up 408 and we are toast.

My dude... not to be a contrarian, but you do realize our pass defense is ranked #90.................. right?
Oregon, ranked just beneath us-- giving up 17 more passing ypg than us- gave up 408 to Wash. We give up 408 and we are toast.
Well in all honesty I like using points per game versus yards. With the way today's spread offenses are geared you're going to give up some yards. We are only giving up 21 PPG. And we have played 6 offenses inside the top 35 this year.

I just think some of their offensive numbers could be inflated a little from playing some bad teams. We will soon find out though.

Well in all honesty I like using points per game versus yards. With the way today's spread offenses are geared you're going to give up some yards. We are only giving up 21 PPG. And we have played 6 offenses inside the top 35 this year.

I just think some of their offensive numbers could be inflated a little from playing some bad teams. We will soon find out though.
I'm not arguing that they've got some inflated numbers. Everybody has some cupcakes on their schedule. But what's no fluke is their #2 ranking in total offense and number 1 ranking in 3rd down conversions.

Those, my friend, are some scary factoids. Honestly, I think 1st team to 30 wins. And if that's the case, it will be Wash. If neither team gets to 30, it will be us.

Our pass defense ranking is deceiving. We gave up big yards early in the season, but our defense improved greatly toward the end. We shut down TCU and Baylor in the air. Our D is playing much better lately.

I haven't watched one second of Washington football this year but looking at their numbers they are going to put some points up. I think we win the game though something like 40-31.

I see a redemption game from Quinn and Worthy.
I've seen a couple of their games.

Pennix leads the country in passing. Odunze and Mcmillin are good receivers. They also have TT transfer Jalyn Polk who's played well.

This is important because in 2 of our losses our secondary struggled.

They don't have a good defense but they've gotten a lot of sacks.

Lincoln Riley isn't the only first year coach in the Pac XII. Keep an eye on Kalen Deboer he's going to be a winner.

Our pass defense ranking is deceiving. We gave up big yards early in the season, but our defense improved greatly toward the end. We shut down TCU and Baylor in the air. Our D is playing much better lately.
And on top of that I believe the only defensive player that isn't playing is Overshown. Our coaching staff has shown this year with multiple weeks to prepare for an opponent they can come up with a nice game plan. I really like where our defense was at at the end of the year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT