The coming storm.

Oh, you think someone told me about the current rate of inflation instead of looking it up myself. Cool.

Must be weird to fully and completely assume everyone cares what the media says. Also, what source do you prefer to use to confirm the rate of inflation as it is quarter over quarter?
I'm not an economist but I know what I see in real life and what my bills are. Also, all those jobs Biden told you about... yeah that was all BS. I assume the inflation numbers are as well.

https://nypost.com/2024/08/20/busin...brace-for-downward-revision-of-1m-fewer-jobs/

I dont know what harris has done, I havent paid any attention.

But I see people say this but since covid started I've had the my best earnings years of my life. I paid off a car, a student loan and all of my cc debt. I've just been stacking and stacking. It's an economy that if you are willing to work, there's plenty of it out there.

I know inflation is a thing and i know certain things cost more but i myself have not noticed the loss in my bank account balance. Primarily because i make a lot more as a percentage of my previous income now than the increased rate of inflation. I even found a bank that offers a near 9% APY on a checking account so that's pretty nice. Still locked in to my sub 3% mortgage too.

As long as the opportunity for earning more exists you will be good
What's your thoughts on Harris's proposed economic policies?

25K to first time home buyers
Federal price cap on what companies can sell their goods for

Ummm idk about y'all but I made more money during Trump's term than Bidens....just straight up. Made more and spent less. But I'm not really into these convos on a football forum...a week away from football..

25K to first time home buyers
Federal price cap on what companies can sell their goods for
I dont know any of her policies. She posts none of them on her website.

I like helping out first time home buyers though and the idea of a price cap on certain goods can be a good thing too. Might need more details

You're defending Biden and creating a strawman argument at the same time.

Of course inflation is transitory. So is continental drift. So is the sun turning into a red giant and consuming the earth.
But that's not the context that Biden used-- and you know this-- yet you defend his words. And inflation isn't controlled by the President-- but the policies of the white house CAN have an effect on the ebb and flow of inflation.
And let's REALLY look at inflation now- the Biden white house tries to say "well inflation is at 3.9% and slowing...."

Well-- we know that is complete and utter bullsh!t. By even a conservative measure, groceries are up 25% since 2019. Gasoline was a national average of $2.55 in 2019.... now it's up to $3.41.

That's over a 25% increase there. Have you SEEN auto and home owner insurance costs? I haven't had a claim on my home OR auto in a decade-- my HO insurance is up 80% and my auto up 60%.
In 2023 I got a quote to resurface my entire pool and build an outdoor cook station-- it was $65k. I found out we were pregnant and didn't want the noise etc to bother the expectant mother- so I put it off. The same guy, same quote came back last week at $105k.

And it's OBVIOUS to John Q Citizen that this is going on. But the media (sell outs) hate Trump SO much that they white wash this economic bad news to protect the current administration.

And yes-- the American economy IS powerful enough to do exactly what you said--- control the world's economy--- even in Germany.
Why did Europe create the EU? So the US, China, India, Russia etc- couldn't control the purchasing power across the globe. Europe wanted a bigger seat at the table. More influence. But the MINUTE the US closed everything down in 2020- the ENTIRE GLOBAL ECONOMY fell into disarray. So YES-- we CAN control the global economy to a very large extent. Not TOTALLY- but we are the main driver.
Biden is irrelevant, i dont need to defend him

Yes, inflation is transitionary.

Yes i have seen my insurance costs. It hasnt changed much for me, sucks for you though that yours went up. You have my sympathy.

Ah yes, price gouging sucks too, my sympathies.

I dont pay attention to media, so for the people that do....they have my sympathy too. They really need it, because they get so angry like you.

I dont think the US is so powerful their president alone can trashcan the entire planet economically causing runaway inflation in every country on earth. I generally pay attention and give folks enough respect that i will listen to everything they say but this is when people start to lose me.

I do however fully recognize that the consequences of what happened in 2020 + the response by all of the world's governments would would hit us like a tidal wave in a few years time, and here we are bearing the brunt of that wave. I also recognize that a boost in demand, amid weak supply chains can (and did) cause widespread shipping and delivery problems. Combined with other factors like lack of access to raw materials, and labor combined to contribute to supply shortages which was fuel for inflation. It's not just some retard monkey pressing buttons in the white house, it's the consequences of a series of decisions made at varying levels of government and private businesses across the whole planet.

Now if you had said it like that I can get behind that. but in this day and age of 'gotcha' politics, people on the right and people on the left only want to look for someone or something to blame. You can win an election if you can successfully convince the electorate that whoever you are running against is the reason for our problems. This mindset is why congress has a 90% re-election rate despite consistently poor approval ratings.

25K to first time home buyers - Great plan. Let's make it easy for people that can't afford what they're buying to get a loan by inflating their down payment capability. That worked amazingly well around 2008.
Federal price cap on what companies can sell their goods for - Brilliant! It's been a smashing success in Venezuela and every other time it's been tried everywhere else in the world.

Reactions: JustAHorn88
I dont know any of her policies. She posts none of them on her website.

I like helping out first time home buyers though and the idea of a price cap on certain goods can be a good thing too. Might need more details
What do you think giving a large portion of people 25K extra to spend on a house will do to home prices (that are already high) ?

What do you think a company will do if they all of a sudden are told that they can't charge over $7 for a product they used to sell for $8?