ADVERTISEMENT

The flying Toucan Sam's vs Texas predictions...........

EWNHorn

Nov 30, 2014
I'm just gonna go with the team still has some fight and wins this one 38-27

41-31 Good guys. If we end up blowing this one then i'm completely out on Sark. These next 2 games are must wins in my opinion.

Agree whole heartedly.

Brian Kelly, Sonny Dykes, Lincoln Riley...all 1st year HCs that haven't struggled and in many ways have improved the program immediately.

There are also a lot of 1st year coaches that suck too. And I would say that LSU/TCU/USC were probably a bit better off than what Sark took over at Texas.

Bret Bielema, Gus Malzahn, Josh Heupel...all 2nd year HCs that haven't struggled and are trending up.

I'm all for being patient and what not, and Sark should get his time. But I think it is proven time and again that elite HCs can turn shit around immediately. I'm not getting this vibe from Sark and staff. They might just be mediocre with the occasional lightning in a bottle

Sark has recruiting where it needs to be, Texas is improved from last year. You have Arch Manning coming in, I’d be surprised if Sark goes anywhere.

Sark has recruiting where it needs to be, Texas is improved from last year. You have Arch Manning coming in, I’d be surprised if Sark goes anywhere.

He'll get at least 4 years, unless the bottom just falls out. I'm just saying, I'm not seeing anything that leads me to believe he is a national championship type coach. I'm sorry, I just don't see it. Of course, my ass is wrong all the time so...

Haven't checked the weather since yesterday, but as of then, it's gonna be ccccccooooolllllld. Upper 20s? That said, we'll find a way.

Yep....looks like sunny with game time temps starting around 34 degrees and dropping into upper 20s by games end and wind around 15-20 mph...........

Reactions: weevilcatch
It's gonna be cold as fvck and windy as fvck. Kansas is going to pull out the Iowa St defensive scheme and run a 3-2-6 with three safeties. They are going to force us run it. They know we can't run block for sh!t. Either Ewers shakes off this freshman funk he's fallen into, or this could be a looooooooong muh fuggin day.

Reactions: westx and DHHorn
It depends how well Ewers plays. I think Ewers looks like the 5* Ewers that we saw against Bama/OU, and Texas wins in a blowout.

It's gonna be cold as fvck and windy as fvck. Kansas is going to pull out the Iowa St defensive scheme and run a 3-2-6 with three safeties. They are going to force us run it. They know we can't run block for sh!t. Either Ewers shakes off this freshman funk he's fallen into, or this could be a looooooooong muh fuggin day.
Kansas runs a 2 high defense and I don't see them changing that for this game. If we can't run the ball against their front then we might as well just mail it home and take the 6-6 record and start thinking about who our next coach is going to be.

I think this is the game Ewers gets it right. Kansas plays that more traditional style defense that he was accustomed to seeing in high school with those 2 high safeties. That 3-3 stack defense is tough to figure out for young QBs.

We are too soft to play in the cold and I'm thinking the team is still thinking about last week to be focused on this game. We lose.

We are too soft to play in the cold and I'm thinking the team is still thinking about last week to be focused on this game. We lose.
They are 3-0 the week after a loss this year so I don't think the loss last week is an issue. If anything I think they come out with more urgency.

unless the bottom just falls out.

take the 6-6 record

If we're 6-6 we could be 6-7 … we'll play and could lose in a bowl game. To me back to back losing seasons will be the "bottom falling out". If that happens he'll need a really good 2023 IMO to still be here. Not that 7-6 is much better.

If we're 6-6 we could be 6-7 … we'll play and could lose in a bowl game. To me back to back losing seasons will be the "bottom falling out". If that happens he'll need a really good 2023 IMO to still be here. Not that 7-6 is much better.
Anything worse than 8-5 at the end of the season is a failure to me with this year because of how it has played out. There is absolutely no reason at all we should have blown a 2 score lead to OSU and TTU. This team should be 8-2 right now and staring at a chance to play for a conference championship.

Anything worse than 8-5 at the end of the season is a failure to me with this year because of how it has played out. There is absolutely no reason at all we should have blown a 2 score lead to OSU and TTU. This team should be 8-2 right now and staring at a chance to play for a conference championship.
I totally agree with you. Look at the talent on the roster. Even marginal coaching should have produced better results.

I do expect the horns to come out, play with urgency, and win the game.

There is absolutely no reason at all we should have blown a 2 score lead to OSU and TTU. This team should be 8-2 right now and staring at a chance to play for a conference championship.

I'll throw TCU in there too … great crowd, plenty to play for and a great (wasted) defensive effort … could/should be 9-1. Hell a play or two in the Bama game from 10-0.

I'll throw TCU in there too … great crowd, plenty to play for and a great (wasted) defensive effort … could/should be 9-1. Hell a play or two in the Bama game from 10-0.
I don't disagree on either one of those. If you would have told me before the TCU game we hold them to 17 I would have thought we win by 2 scores. This team has yet to play complementary football for 4 quarters. Too often it's either one half the offense is on fire and the defense is off their game or vice versa.

Reactions: texas sixty nine
I thought this was interesting the other day. I have been too busy to partake in the chatter lately, but here's the tweets from CJVogel:

Man watching Baylor run the ball competently against TCU is pissing me off all over again.

You already know TCU is about to give up 40+ to Baylor today

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT