ADVERTISEMENT

The Kevin Sumlin vs. Charlie Strong recruiting battle is over. Charlie

I'm sorry that you are so DUMB that you don't realize that a winning season and a bowl would probably show recruiting improvement vs bragging beforehand.

From an aggy! That is rich, hilarious, and completely tone deaf.

2014ShameWeek7-2.png

You guys need a winning season and maybe a bowl game before crowing about recruiting, don't you think?

Aw, Aggie doesn't want to talk recruiting....since their recruiting is even more of a train wreck than usual. They want to change the subject to UTs recent history.

And they don't even want to talk both teams recent history. Seeing as how ATM hasn't won anything of substance since 1939. Call me when Aggie wins a CC. Hell call me when Aggie competes for a CC. Until then, I wouldn't talk either.

I think your last CC was back when Troy Aikman was busy winning superbowls for Jerrah and Starter jackets and hammer pants were in style.

Evidently you didn't hear about 2010.

That's okay -- no one else did either.

newaggietitle.jpg

Its aggy imagination!!!!!!!!!!!!! If you cant win, then lie. If you maunfacture and lie enough nobody will notice right? ;) LMAO still remember when the media tore aggy up over the '10 on their stadium lol.... aggy jokes are a refreshing desert spring that just wont ever run out of that sweet life giving water... they will always be around to satisfy

What did they have in 1939? 1/3 of a disputed NC. Which is nothing. They have won nothing. Ever.
The Ags bought three good seasons under Jackie $herrill (who started out 5-6, 5-5-1 and 6-5). Slocum had some good years, and I don't recall him getting fired for transgressions.

As for 1939, I can't vouch, but I was under the impression it was legit.

That stadium photo is gold, BBR. Gold! (Ignore the reference; it really is gold.)

This coming from a team that was one of 3 that didn't make a bowl in the conference that got beat up in their bowl games...Kansas, Iowa St, Texas. Only 3 that didn't make it. You barely won recruiting LAST year and if Strong keeps coaching the way he has been coaching then the implosion will be in Austin. Kids change their tune on a dime and it won't be any different if Strong and Texas suck again this year. Currently you have to climb above Iowa St and 7 other teams to be relevant again.

Yes our on field performance has been poor the better part of the last decade. Yes high school kids are swayed easily and who knows where the wind will take them. The jet stream of recruiting bullshit is strong. These things were true the last two years as well, yet here we are with another strong recruiting class. As the topic's title suggest, we are winning the recruiting battle. Hopefully we win the win percentage battle again.

But I'm curious: when we do win that battle, what will the next excuse be?

Yes our on field performance has been poor the better part of the last decade. Yes high school kids are swayed easily and who knows where the wind will take them. The jet stream of recruiting bullshit is strong. These things were true the last two years as well, yet here we are with another strong recruiting class. As the topic's title suggest, we are winning the recruiting battle. Hopefully we win the win percentage battle again.

But I'm curious: when we do win that battle, what will the next excuse be?
Talk to someone else about excuses. I don't make them. I've shown up here every time. I have and will tell you A&M has underachieved and Sumlin doesn't have any excuses left. BUT, I'm just saying that currently Texas has it's own problems that aren't solved, or least proven to be solved yet. Strong hasn't shown he can coach at Texas, so to say "It's over" as the article states is a little premature.

You will ALWAYS be sub tiered when it comes to collegiate athletics in this State ad in the country.

Well, maybe sub tiered in athletics, but I damn sure know that state isn't capitalized and I know how to spell a-n-d. ;)

I am curious how you think Texas is headed in the right direction? It was terrible in year 1 and worse in year 2. What part of that is headed up?

You will ALWAYS be sub tiered when it comes to collegiate athletics in this State ad in the country.

Well, maybe sub tiered in athletics, but I damn sure know that state isn't capitalized and I know how to spell a-n-d. ;)

I am curious how you think Texas is headed in the right direction? It was terrible in year 1 and worse in year 2. What part of that is headed up?

Are you serious? Quality of depth and "real" QB play with monster RB's, yeah...Things aren't looking up! The amount of talent He has brought in over the last 2 years is phenomenal, young, but talented and not leftovers used to playing in a former coaches system that had a different mind set which became a cancer that ate away at the program.

We had zero depth at OL the first 2 years and we all watched the QB debacle since Colt departed for the NFL... We had a top 25 defense the first year with upperclassmen that could play and made it to the NFL. Year 2 was a defense full of freshmen, RSF and sophomores. They now have experience!

I like where we are headed.

With Shane set to take the reigns and arguably the best QB prospect in the state committed, we good.

I have and will tell you A&M has underachieved...
No you haven't. You're exactly who you've always been: a middle of the road JAG that wins nothing. That you guys have such high expectations based on absolutely nothing is crazy.

Strong hasn't shown he can coach at Texas, so to say "It's over" as the article states is a little premature.
Tell it to the author of the article.

I am curious how u think Texas is headed in the right direction? It was terrible in year 1 and worse in year 2. What part of that is headed up?

Im curious as to if u think grammer and speling smack gets you around the fact that your statements thus far have ben 1 stroke away from Parkinsons level retarded......... Im also curious is you aktually and trully understand how football works.

And just for fun I inentionally misspelled and misued werds just to give you something to feel good about as yu find eech won. If you doubt me, look to see if their has ben any editz. ;) Yayz yuz ken reed en spel!!!!

This coming from a team that was one of 3 that didn't make a bowl in the conference that got beat up in their bowl games...Kansas, Iowa St, Texas. Only 3 that didn't make it. You barely won recruiting LAST year and if Strong keeps coaching the way he has been coaching then the implosion will be in Austin. Kids change their tune on a dime and it won't be any different if Strong and Texas suck again this year. Currently you have to climb above Iowa St and 7 other teams to be relevant again.

What is the downside for Texas? Either Strong turns things around and he keeps killing it in recruiting, or he doesn't and gets fired and we end up with Tom Herman.

Reactions: swVAHorn and Scholz
Hard to get worse when you didn't have a QB.
Yes but you don't know if you have a quarterback now either. You guys were blowing smoke up Heards butt and we heard how great he was after the OU game. Then Strong and company couldn't figure it out and teams adjusted and Texas coaches couldn't make adjustments.

Yes but you don't know if you have a quarterback now either. You guys were blowing smoke up Heards butt and we heard how great he was after the OU game. Then Strong and company couldn't figure it out and teams adjusted and Texas coaches couldn't make adjustments.

Aggys ALWAYS crow about what they have only tohave it play out as if they have nothing... they can spin anyhting to try and make their point but rarely make any sense or exist in reality.... when it comes to objectivity and intelligent thought about football programs, aggys fall short entirely. Your opinion carries NO weight and never will. You pimped sumlin as THE coach that would bury Texas for years, yet basicaly call Strong a failure after 2 seasons..... even while your coach has regressed and gotten worse each and every year he has been there...... the excuses flowed like gravy from a fat chicks broken leg..... and he did that with all that "first round talent" yet OUR coach is a failure after 2 years with no QB.... eventhough he has had higher recruiting classes than the Big 12 and aggy the last couple years.....yeah, EVERYBODY must be wrong about Strong bc YOU say he isnt showing improvement..... the sports writers.... the recruits.... other coaches. they are all wrong bc retard inbred aggy cultists have to try and find/manufacture ways to make themselves FEEL superior to The University of Texas....

BTW, how is the annual aggy decommit season going? I wonder how any of those kids wil be interested in playing for THE University of Texas like Malik did when he decommitted from aggy....along with many others. Thanks for playing this rousing round of "aggys say the dumbest shit", unfortunately you dont win anyhing except the harsh sound of the world laughing at you and mocking your aggy loyalty....

your statements thus far have ben 1 stroke away from Parkinsons level retarded.

At first I thought this was a dumb statement, since Parkinson's affects the body's motor systems. But after some surface level research I learned that it's a CNS problem that eventually can induce dementia an a slew of other mental problems.

I mean damn, as if losing your body wasn't bad enough. What a horrible disease.

Aggys ALWAYS crow about what they have only tohave it play out as if they have nothing... they can spin anyhting to try and make their point but rarely make any sense or exist in reality.... when it comes to objectivity and intelligent thought about football programs, aggys fall short entirely. Your opinion carries NO weight and never will. You pimped sumlin as THE coach that would bury Texas for years, yet basicaly call Strong a failure after 2 seasons..... even while your coach has regressed and gotten worse each and every year he has been there...... the excuses flowed like gravy from a fat chicks broken leg..... and he did that with all that "first round talent" yet OUR coach is a failure after 2 years with no QB.... eventhough he has had higher recruiting classes than the Big 12 and aggy the last couple years.....yeah, EVERYBODY must be wrong about Strong bc YOU say he isnt showing improvement..... the sports writers.... the recruits.... other coaches. they are all wrong bc retard inbred aggy cultists have to try and find/manufacture ways to make themselves FEEL superior to The University of Texas....

BTW, how is the annual aggy decommit season going? I wonder how any of those kids wil be interested in playing for THE University of Texas like Malik did when he decommitted from aggy....along with many others. Thanks for playing this rousing round of "aggys say the dumbest shit", unfortunately you dont win anyhing except the harsh sound of the world laughing at you and mocking your aggy loyalty....
Can you find where I "pimped" Sumlin. If you would read you will see I haven't pimped or the Aggies. I'll wait while you find something I've said. My opinion carries as much as yours as bad as that hurts your feelings. Texas recruits talking badly about Aggies? Really? Is this new? ESPN writers talking badly about A&M? Really? Is this new? Not the same ESPN that is affiliated with the Longhorn Network? Surely they wouldn't say positive things about Texas??? Malik never WAS committed to the Aggies. Are you typing drunk again? What makes you think you have a quarterback this year? Are you going by the same writers who said Heard was the real deal after the OU game? Just because you type it doesn't make it so. Reality is you finished with Kansas and Iowa St as the only teams not to make a bowl in the Big 12. There should be a LOT of improvement this year, it can't get any worse.

... it can't get any worse.
Sure it can and it very well might for either of our teams. That said, I like our current trajectory and look forward to seeing a few more wins this season.

I don't recall you pimpin' Sumlin or the Ags much, seems like you said (last season) that 'he had his guys and now it was time for 10 wins', so I would guess you were disappointed in the on-field results. This years another year, so I guess we'll see if he's found some answers.

Hook 'em

You guys were blowing smoke up Heards butt and we heard how great he was after the OU game. Then Strong and company couldn't figure it out and teams adjusted and Texas coaches couldn't make adjustments.
It's like you're not acknowledging we have a new QB and new proven OC this year but want to make it sound like it's the same staff and team as last year and it'll turn out the exact same or better yet for you get worse or something. Boy that would be dishonest and dumb, no?

Nah, we couldn't have possibly made improvements or had 2 very good recruiting classes in a row that will show dividends this season because "moving in the right direction" doesn't fit into your bitter, envious, obsessed t.u. sucks narrative now does it, do nothing aggy.

It's like you're not acknowledging we have a new QB and new proven OC this year but want to make it sound like it's the same staff and team as last year and it'll turn out the exact same or better yet for you get worse or something. Boy that would be dishonest and dumb, no?

Nah, we couldn't have possibly made improvements or had 2 very good recruiting classes in a row that will show dividends this season because "moving in the right direction" doesn't fit into your bitter, envious, obsessed t.u. sucks narrative now does it, do nothing aggy.

I seem to remember a certain new QB (mccoy) and new proven OC ( Broyles finalist Harsin who had bsu a top 5 offense) fail quite spectacularly in austin. Turns out it was more of the same, one can only hope new personnel means they'll be better. To qualify that- Harsin arrived in 2011. The 09 and 10 classes were both top 5 classes, so he had talent to work with too.

I guess this time will be different huh? lol, just like how 11-14 charlie will turn it around! There's a common phrase ive been hearing from lil bro osu for a long, long time now: Team on the rise! Hey, youre a team on the rise!

Thanks for your scientific study using exactly one data point. You're smart. Harsin wasn't allowed to do his thing by Mack btw. Different circumstance. Different coaches. Different players. But yeah, I guess that one instance will always be the way it happens. :rolleyes:

Yes, we will see. Hasn't happened yet, Einstein.

I wouldn't call Harsin a failure. Failure from a longevity because he left as soon as he could, but that's because he knew he was coaching under a lame duck. If we made the right defensive hires that 2012 team would have been pretty good. We had a solid offense. I would kill for that offense this coming year. A non Manny Diaz coached team and we could have made some noise. Not national champions but certainly contended for the conference. Nothing wrong with the Harsin hire. He was only here for 2 years and the second year was far from failure. The offense made improvements, but the defense fell off a cliff.

Of course you SHOULD be improved. You do have more talent coming in which SHOULD translate to improvement. My personal thought is that it would have to improve and my gut feeling would be that Texas should win 8 games this year. However, you guys were thrilled that last year was going to be an improvement as well and you would be more up tempo and such. It just didn't work out that way. Aren't you big on do something before running the mouth? MOST on this board wanted Strong gone last year and couldn't stand his style of coaching. Now all of a sudden great things are going to happen? You weren't around much during football because Texas was losing so we didn't get your opinions much. I watched the spring game and I was impressed with Bueshelle(sp?) He looks like he does have some upside, but then again he had the protected jersey on so it's easy to look good when there is no fear of getting hit.

Strong seems as classy as they come as far as a person, but just hasn't shown much at Texas. YES I KNOW...NEITHER HAS SUMLINE...NEVER SAID HE DID. Sumlin used to recruit well also, but that didn't translate to winning. I have said all along Texas needs to give Strong at least 4 years to get all of his players here to really judge him, but early results are that his coaching has been mediocre to bad.

Thanks for your scientific study using exactly one data point. You're smart. Harsin wasn't allowed to do his thing by Mack btw. Different circumstance. Different coaches. Different players. But yeah, I guess that one instance will always be the way it happens. :rolleyes:

Yes, we will see. Hasn't happened yet, Einstein.

I was using the very same criteria you were using- New OC, new QB,two very good recruiting classes in a row, that will show dividends that year.. So an acknowledgement that it was a different staff and team as well. I also acknowledge that youre just hoping they'll somehow be better with all the same circumstances that didnt make things better back in 2011. Hey, its a new year, and you can hope you wont go lose another 7 game again.

Really, the 2016 season hasnt happened yet? WHAT? Really?!!?

I wouldn't call Harsin a failure. Failure from a longevity because he left as soon as he could, but that's because he knew he was coaching under a lame duck. If we made the right defensive hires that 2012 team would have been pretty good. We had a solid offense. I would kill for that offense this coming year. A non Manny Diaz coached team and we could have made some noise. Not national champions but certainly contended for the conference. Nothing wrong with the Harsin hire. He was only here for 2 years and the second year was far from failure. The offense made improvements, but the defense fell off a cliff.

I suppose it's in how you define it. I looked at the numbers. in 2010 the offense was 74th overall. in 11 and 12 they were 50th and 37th, which is nice improvement. he left and in 2013 went back down to 61st and in 14 back down further to 105th in total offense. So in that regard, his offense was much more productive in his two years than the year before and two years after he left. But he laid eggs in the RRR and performed badly against most of the good ranked teams. Maybe he could have done something if he stayed but hey thats part of the failure I guess, he wasnt the answer at least. Even though i was initially concerned about his potential.

Aren't you big on do something before running the mouth?
Again, illiterate, I didn't write the article.

MOST on this board wanted Strong gone last year and couldn't stand his style of coaching.
Yeah, that's a big lie.

You weren't around much during football because Texas was losing so we didn't get your opinions much.
Yeah, that's an even bigger lie. I'm always on here.

Reactions: swVAHorn
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT