The latest with JUCO DT Handsome Tanielu (Monday 3:45 p.m. update)

Suchomel

Staff
Aug 10, 2001
I just spoke with JUCO DT Handsome Tanieulu, who is back home in Hawaii after finishing up his semester at Snow College in Utah.

Texas offered Tanieulu last week and it has given the 6-2 305-pounder something to think about. When I spoke to him late last week, he was going to take a few days to decide whether or not he'd try to squeeze in a UT official visit before having to enroll somewhere in January.

I spoke with Tanieulu just now, and he said he's still not certain what he's going to do, but he's leaning towards "sticking to his original plan," which is to commit to BYU.

Tanieulu said the timing is probably too tough to work out a visit to Texas. Plus, he said BYU's spring semester starts much earlier than most other schools (he thinks it's January 4), so if he's going to commit to BYU and enroll, he has to do it very soon.

Tanieulu's mind isn't fully made up yet and he said he'll likely have a full decision sometime today or tomorrow. But barring a last-minute change, this one looks like it'll probably fall BYU's way.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: CUCNME

Latest posts

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.